over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Theres a sucker born every min.....

kcbuilder

Registered
While most of us are reluctant to admit it, in the world of sports nutrition, we have all found ourselves suckered.

Yesterday I found myself wandering around a new Vitamin Shoppe that just opened near my home. I didn't really "need" anything from the store, as I was already stocked up on all my supplements. But since it was a "grand opening sale" and I had an additional coupon that I received at the gym, I found myself wandering the store looking for a "deal".

I grabbed a couple jugs of syntha-6, some glutamine, B-12, Milk Thistle, and some NO-Explode. I then went to the checkout, coupon in hand. The cashier was a comple idiot kid who was attempting to explain each item to me. He had no clue what he was talking about. When he finished ringing up my purchase, I handed him my coupon to save an additional 25%, he then said I needed to spend like $5.00 more to use the coupon. I then headed back into the jungle of junk that I didn't need. At a complete loss as to what else I was going to buy, I headed over to the protein bar section. Nothing stood out except this one box of "Elite Oatmeal" with 40 GRAMS OF PROTEIN... I grabbed the box of maple & brown sugar, examined it, read the box highlights such as where it said "delicious". Not thinking (I suffer short term memory loss, I guess) I asked the idiot at the register, "is this stuff any good?" He of course piped up saying that it tasted just as good as regular oatmeal. He rang up my box of $15.00 oatmeal and I headed home.

This morning I opened my box of $15.00 oatmeal. (btw, this is only 7 servings) I followed the instructions on the box. Sat down at the bar newspaper in hand expecting to take in a spoonful of delicious oatmeal...

I may as well just put a heaping spoon of shit in my mouth. I ate the first bite and immediatly knew...

I HAD BEEN SUCKERED!!!!!!!!

The box should have read "not fit for human consumption".

So post up your sucker stories.

When the guy at GNC (yes, I was a sucker for ever shopping there to begin with) told me that meso-tech bars were a tasty meal replacement.

I bought two boxes, forced myself to choke down those god-awful bars, and topped it all off by having gas so bad that I was investigated for operating a plant which produced chemical warfare agents.

I made PT Barnum proud.

I bought that oatmeal too just to try it out and I can confirm that it is absolutely horrible. I've only eaten one package and now I just keep the others handy to see who I can sucker into eating one of them. Then I at very least get a good laugh when they come back and tell me about how awful the stuff is.

Oh and by the way if anyone wants to try a package of it just pm me your address and I will mail one too you. Don't say I didn't warn you though.

I remember buying the old cybergenics 4000 back in the day, swearing it was going to make me HUGE!!!! I look back at how much money i spent on that and realize i should have spent it on plain old food!!!!

BTW- what did you think of that syntha-6. I was given a few jugs as a present at xmas time. It killed my stomach and the gas was ridiculous!!!!

I love MuscleMilk oatmeal

I really like the syntha-6. One of my regulars.

This wouldn't be the new Vitamin Shoppe off 119th would it?

i feel like a sucker looking back at all the OTC supps ive bought over the yrs for a ridiculous amount of money, and ridiculously low results. Man i wish i woulda saved that money for food.....live and learn i guess :)

While most of us are reluctant to admit it, in the world of sports nutrition, we have all found ourselves suckered.

Yesterday I found myself wandering around a new Vitamin Shoppe that just opened near my home. I didn't really "need" anything from the store, as I was already stocked up on all my supplements. But since it was a "grand opening sale" and I had an additional coupon that I received at the gym, I found myself wandering the store looking for a "deal".

I grabbed a couple jugs of syntha-6, some glutamine, B-12, Milk Thistle, and some NO-Explode. I then went to the checkout, coupon in hand. The cashier was a comple idiot kid who was attempting to explain each item to me. He had no clue what he was talking about. When he finished ringing up my purchase, I handed him my coupon to save an additional 25%, he then said I needed to spend like $5.00 more to use the coupon. I then headed back into the jungle of junk that I didn't need. At a complete loss as to what else I was going to buy, I headed over to the protein bar section. Nothing stood out except this one box of "Elite Oatmeal" with 40 GRAMS OF PROTEIN... I grabbed the box of maple & brown sugar, examined it, read the box highlights such as where it said "delicious". Not thinking (I suffer short term memory loss, I guess) I asked the idiot at the register, "is this stuff any good?" He of course piped up saying that it tasted just as good as regular oatmeal. He rang up my box of $15.00 oatmeal and I headed home.

This morning I opened my box of $15.00 oatmeal. (btw, this is only 7 servings) I followed the instructions on the box. Sat down at the bar newspaper in hand expecting to take in a spoonful of delicious oatmeal...

I may as well just put a heaping spoon of shit in my mouth. I ate the first bite and immediatly knew...

I HAD BEEN SUCKERED!!!!!!!!

The box should have read "not fit for human consumption".

So post up your sucker stories.

Thanks a million man the "heaping spoon of shit" just cracked my rite up!

This wouldn't be the new Vitamin Shoppe off 119th would it?

That be the one. Hope you're not the kid that works there.....

That be the one. Hope you're not the kid that works there.....

LOL!! Nope. But I do buy stuff there. Good Prices for retail. Just gotta know what you want and not listen to the sales people. As you probably can see none of them look like they are into fitness.

well f'ing bodybuilding.com told me that taking ecdysterone would give me steroid-like results, and since i was only a junior in HS and about 140 lbs at the time, i thought it was going to get HUGE....:(

well f'ing bodybuilding.com told me that taking ecdysterone would give me steroid-like results, and since i was only a junior in HS and about 140 lbs at the time, i thought it was going to get HUGE....:(

sorry about that. im assuming thats a prohormone? worthless, worst friggin thing about all most of the natural supplements, they cost more than real gear, just gimme some d-bol, some deca, maybe through in some test and your light years ahead of natural supp pills

otc supp's

ya, I definetly have spent a lot of money over the years on otc stuff...

When i 1st started lifting i believed all that muscle tech crap...:cool:

Oh well, live and learn...

I feel sucked when I use to buy stuff from GNC. The only thing worth getting there are their vits. I use to work there as well. I feel sorry for anyone I sold gakic to. sorry :D

one of the people i used to train with before used to swear by gakic

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity