advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

There's no such thing as Overtranning. Just under eating. My experiment.

Ocean cool

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
When it comes to recovery, from your experience do u think diet or training place a higher?

My story is this.

This past 2 weeks i've been constantly feeling runned down, tired and lack of motivation from high volume tranning. When i say high volume, i mean 20-25 sets per big bodypart and 18-20 sets for smaller bodypart somewhere between 12-20 reps. I suspected its the tranning that is making me overtrained.

Recently, I decided to up my calories tremendously. I've upped my carbs in particular since i've been hearing for years what I thought was a myth.

MYTH: There's no such thing as overtrainning. Just under eating or under nutrition.

So i've been eating more rice, oats and fruits. Probably an additional 200-250g daily. I feel like I could train everyday. All of a sudden i don't feel tired and am more awake. I feel motivated.

This puzzled me but never think that there's truth to the myth. Maybe the body can go through all these intense trainning if we upped our calories much more. Arnold and Franco came in mind.

Just to share my experiment and views.

Good luck. In my experience, I just felt more run down by eating more and forcing more food down because force feeding caused mental stress as well as digestive stress.

And after increasing the amount of training, I then felt even worse. Run down, pinched nerves for some reason temporarily here and there, more cramping, mental blurriness, trouble sleeping quality sleep, list goes on...

And eventually, without fail, I get sick and have to back off. For some reason whenever I get sick it's a good marker I need to slow down because all the eating and training is taxing me too much that my immune system isn't running at full speed.

Interested in your results. Will follow.

You can't overtrain your muscles, that's just impossible but it's very easy to ovetrain your central nervous system. You train with 20+ sets but I bet none of them are to real failure, but try to do real 2-4 sets per workout to real failure EOD for 2 months straight and your CNS will be fried...myself I can train 2 times a day 6 times a week with 20+ sets but rep or two shy from real failure and I can make progress over and over but when I trained HIT, DC did only few real sets, rest pause sets and trained only 3times a week I felt overtrained after 6-8 weeks. "Stimulate not annihilate" as Haney said once - and that's a lot of truth in this statement...while training to total failure with delaod periods is good for increasing strenght, for muscle growth - volume, most sets stoppping few reps shy from real failure and goind to real failure only once in a while but not every training session works best.

yeah just take john medows and layne norton the this overtraning bullshit. bodybuilder can over train. i take a couple og weeks go get use to traning the body more that 1 time a week and spilt your volume up. but it works

You can't overtrain your muscles, that's just impossible but it's very easy to ovetrain your central nervous system. You train with 20+ sets but I bet none of them are to real failure, but try to do real 2-4 sets per workout to real failure EOD for 2 months straight and your CNS will be fried...myself I can train 2 times a day 6 times a week with 20+ sets but rep or two shy from real failure and I can make progress over and over but when I trained HIT, DC did only few real sets, rest pause sets and trained only 3times a week I felt overtrained after 6-8 weeks. "Stimulate not annihilate" as Haney said once - and that's a lot of truth in this statement...while training to total failure with delaod periods is good for increasing strenght, for muscle growth - volume, most sets stoppping few reps shy from real failure and goind to real failure only once in a while but not every training session works best.

TR, fantastic post love the haney qoute i live by that qoute!!!!! but i think your dead on!!!

When it comes to recovery, from your experience do u think diet or training place a higher?

My story is this.

This past 2 weeks i've been constantly feeling runned down, tired and lack of motivation from high volume tranning. When i say high volume, i mean 20-25 sets per big bodypart and 18-20 sets for smaller bodypart somewhere between 12-20 reps. I suspected its the tranning that is making me overtrained.

Recently, I decided to up my calories tremendously. I've upped my carbs in particular since i've been hearing for years what I thought was a myth.

MYTH: There's no such thing as overtrainning. Just under eating or under nutrition.

So i've been eating more rice, oats and fruits. Probably an additional 200-250g daily. I feel like I could train everyday. All of a sudden i don't feel tired and am more awake. I feel motivated.

This puzzled me but never think that there's truth to the myth. Maybe the body can go through all these intense trainning if we upped our calories much more. Arnold and Franco came in mind.

Just to share my experiment and views.

Man o man..... We all wish that were true LOL

Unfortunately just because you eat a lot more does not cause the body to stay in sync with your intake. You cant just train like a mofo and expect recovery just because you eat 500 grams of protein and have a pro supplement stack. If that were the case everyone would be doing it and there would be no guess work involved in body building.

Im sorry to say that the physiological laws of the human body and the cns system are still intact for us all. We can bend them slightly... but you cant fight mother nature and win. LOL

Often when people are at a plateau or are going flat in the gym they think they need to do more. When its the opposite thats actually needed. Overtraining is a viscious cycle. Try to avoid it and recognise the signs. I would venture to say its the #1 reason that people stall or fail to make progress.

TR, you're spot on about the CNS

but...

thats why you should incorporate the Blast period and cruise period with DC.... after 6-8 weeks you take 7-14 days either completely off, or doing lighter workouts...

I blast for 6 weeks, then take saturday through the following sunday completely out of the gym.

Here comes the recycled "is volume or HIT better?" argument we recycle here every 3-6 months

:food-:mil

Last edited:
So you came up with that after training and eating more cals for 2 weeks :eek: Come on of course you can overtrain. The body adpats very quickly so you can train it over time to be able to train very intensely for long periods. But you can only do so much... overtraining is always a possibility. Thats why cycling down and having breaks has to come into things. The cns can only take so much... this will vary from person to person and from time to time.

I wish somebody would let my CNS know this little bro fact.

Sent from my Galaxy Siii Taptalk2

Overtraining is real and just because you eat more or increase supp intake doesn't mean you can't overtrain. The signs of overtraining are there when it starts to happen. You suffer more injuries, have mood swings, sleep cycle gets fucked up, etc. If you train hard enough for long enough, overtraining happens. That's like saying that a car will never start having problems/breaking down if you keep red lining it day in, day out and or put a lot of miles on it everyday.

Really silly experiment, for lack of a better word.

Guys like Jay Cutler and Rich Piana said that stupid quote and now a million people think they can train 7 days a week for months on end.

Last edited:
Really silly experiment, for lack of a better word.

Guys like Jay Cutler and Rich Piana said that stupid quote and now a million people think they can train 7 days a week for months on end.

Ronnie used to take a 3 month break after prepping for the O and the smaller shows he did after. I think the man was brilliant for doing so. I imagine he did so to heal up from injury and because he was overtrained and needed the rest.

I would highly disagree. Every element in this game has its MIN and MAX. You can undertrain, overtrain, undereat, overeat, overcardio, undercardio, every ying has a yang.

The human body is extremely impressive, but it is no robot. Eventually it WILL shut your ass down and make you suffer…whether its lethargy, or joint pain, or muscle tears, or depression.

Theres a reason why the best in the sport are the best of the best…because over the decades, they have learned everything about their body, thru experimentation and notation.

I bet you Phil Heath is STILL learning every day.

I would highly disagree. Every element in this game has its MIN and MAX. You can undertrain, overtrain, undereat, overeat, overcardio, undercardio, every ying has a yang.

The human body is extremely impressive, but it is no robot. Eventually it WILL shut your ass down and make you suffer…whether its lethargy, or joint pain, or muscle tears, or depression.

Theres a reason why the best in the sport are the best of the best…because over the decades, they have learned everything about their body, thru experimentation and notation.

I bet you Phil Heath is STILL learning every day.

Yeah when I am overtraining I get hit with a weird depression and usually I end up smashing a whole box of donuts or saying fuck it and going to mcdonalds. It usually only lasts one day though and I am back at it so maybe the body needs a day like that every now and then.

Ronnie used to take a 3 month break after prepping for the O and the smaller shows he did after. I think the man was brilliant for doing so. I imagine he did so to heal up from injury and because he was overtrained and needed the rest.

Yup. Also, Kevin Levrone was famous for not even working out except during his contest prep

Just remember, you grow OUTSIDE of the gym.

Stimulate for growth and get the fuck out. Take a break and let yourself recover and on to the next workout. Stimulate, recover, stimulate, recover. Not stimulate stimulate stimulate and force feed.... 2 weeks aint shit man. Keep trying this for long enough and I bet you will be highly disappointed...

its always hard(especially for us) to understand that more is not always better....in fact less is usually better. most think......more food! more gear! more training!.......but the fact is,all of those ingrediants require thought and real understanding of the growth process. and jay,your right on the money bro......you grow outside of the gym :)

Ive alawys felt lifestyle outside of bbing played a big role, if you have an easy life and no stress- you probably can handle intense training for longer periods with no down time, if you are the opposite than you probably cannot.
Some pros have a life that allows for eating and sleeping gym is the big labor of the day, others work full time jobs and have families, I believe its here overtraing is made or broken.

I work out six days a week and I don't use gear. Now, my lifting sessions last 45 min to an hour and 15 MAX, but I also do an hour and a half of track practice (thrower). Your body can handle a lot more than a lot of people think. Eat sleep. It's key

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity