over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

these 300 and 400 calorie protein bars

waynaferd

Banned
I'm curious if anyone eats them regularly? No brand in particular, as they all have a lot of fat and sugar, and 25-30g of protein.

I'll grab some if I'm going to be working late and hafta go almost all day between meals, but thats about it. Or if I'm bulking I'll have one daily anyways.

I'm curious as to what you guys think of them? Stay away or is there actually any more benefits to them?

Thanks!

Do what you have to do, but real whole foods are always best.

mate i wouldnt waste ur $ on them , there fukin digusting, dry , very chewy/powdery , not good at all , i had the muscle tech ones.

I don't make a habit of it, but if I'm in a rush and I need something really quick sometimes I'll grab one of those Met-Rx Big 100 bars. Definitely not the best choice, and not something I'd use precontest, but protein bars are ok in a pinch.

no ther not good for ya.do ur research on em and u ll never pick em up again.trust me on tht one

if you're bulking then they're better than eating nothing but i wouldn't rely too heavily on them if you can avoid it

no ther not good for ya.do ur research on em and u ll never pick em up again.trust me on tht one

Uh, why?

I use Cliff bars and the Elite gourmet 30g pro/10g carb bars. I'm looking at the ingredients of a Cliff bar right now. They look fine, and the cliff bars are organic. What's so bad about them?

Uh, why?

I use Cliff bars and the Elite gourmet 30g pro/10g carb bars. I'm looking at the ingredients of a Cliff bar right now. They look fine, and the cliff bars are organic. What's so bad about them?

Agreed. If I'm in a rush I sometimes use Clif bars for a decent carbohydrate source. Nice about an hour preworkout.

IMHO protein bars are nasty. yuk! have some :spam: instead. j/k

Those elite gourmet are my faves....I'm staying away from metrx big 1000 bars...I think those are a good way to get fat, LOL

Do what you have to do, but real whole foods are always best.

I completely agree. They are expensive and have many ingredients that I have never heard of before. For me, I can get a single serving of greek yogurt with 14G carbs and 11G protein for 1 buck at walmart. Add in 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and you have a low cal, low fat snack with over 20 grams of carbs at less cost... and you know what is in it.

Shit, those Colossal bars have 400 calories and alot of those are from fat and carbs. I went to a workshop on sports nutrition and the RD recommended if you don't know what the ingredients are... don't eat it. He was the dietician for several pro football teams, etc.

If you can do real foods, it is the best way IMO!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws