over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

These sort of gyms...

silverback97

Registered
I am talking of "Old Iron"...it was what I would consider hardcore, old school...there were monster everywhere, moving large amounts of weights. They were down to earth, helped out anyone...made sure that you were not going to kill yourself.
You should have been advised to have all shots up to date...as it took you 30 min of scrubbing to get the rust off your hands from a workout...there was no heat in the winter, no A/C in the summer...there was a large sign in plain view when you walked in that said "NO SPANDEX"...there was a constant plume of chalk dust in the air...the smell of sweat was ever present no matter what time of year it was and you welcomed it because the smell of the protien induced farts would kill you! It was full of just good selfless dudes...

lol yup, the original metroflex. New one in Ft worth isn't too bad the one they just opened in plano is real watered down though. Owner's daddy bought it for him, 24 year old frat kid.

lol yup, the original metroflex. New one in Ft worth isn't too bad the one they just opened in plano is real watered down though. Owner's daddy bought it for him, 24 year old frat kid.

I have never been to the Arlington location, so I can't speak on the 'watering down.'

I know Greg McCoy personally, and this is not the case. I have had long conversations with him about training, nutrition, the gym, and him personally. He is a good guy, and spends a lot of time working hard at his gym.

I'm from North Dallas, and make the drive to Metroflex Plano when I am home for the summers.

I'm not sure what made you bitter about him.

Making things harder just for the sake of being "hardcore". No thanks. I love my gym, everybody's nice and helpful. And it is very nice and well kept. Don't see the problem. Everything works. 500lbs still feels like 500lbs. Gym owner isn't lazy, meaning he takes care of the place.

Making things harder just for the sake of being "hardcore". No thanks. I love my gym, everybody's nice and helpful. And it is very nice and well kept. Don't see the problem. Everything works. 500lbs still feels like 500lbs. Gym owner isn't lazy, meaning he takes care of the place.

I understand what you mean.

That's why I like Metroflex. It's still clean, the bars and iron aren't rusty, and there is plenty of updated equipment.

I have never been to the Arlington location, so I can't speak on the 'watering down.'

I know Greg McCoy personally, and this is not the case. I have had long conversations with him about training, nutrition, the gym, and him personally. He is a good guy, and spends a lot of time working hard at his gym.

I'm from North Dallas, and make the drive to Metroflex Plano when I am home for the summers.

I've had three run ins with him, I just personally don't like the guy at all man.

I would hope Brian wouldn't let them put the name metroflex on the door if he wasn't a good hardcore guy.....

I would hope Brian wouldn't let them put the name metroflex on the door if he wasn't a good hardcore guy.....

I can say with all honesty that I don't have alot of friends but Brian is one of the few that I do have. All Brian wants is the guy to blast music, allow chalk, heavy lifting, and screaming when needed :)

I am just surprised by how many people are interested in buying into the franchise, hes getting literally 50 people a week and weeding through them.

I know for a fact though that the owner of the Plano gym's father forked out pretty much 99% of thecash for it, personally I just don't respect that all. Good guy yes, serious about bodybuilding... no. Serious about fitness.... Ill say yes to that one though.

The GYM in plymouth, Mn. A bunch of the old wrestlers used to train here - Mr.Perfect- Road Warriors- Jessie "the body" and a ton of 500+ benchers.
The owner Jimmy has been around forever and lives at the place. The only gym i've been to where the owner high fives you for intensity and using the equipment. We do need new bars though *caugh caugh Jimmy* alot are bent.
Great atmosphere.

I can say with all honesty that I don't have alot of friends but Brian is one of the few that I do have. All Brian wants is the guy to blast music, allow chalk, heavy lifting, and screaming when needed :)

I am just surprised by how many people are interested in buying into the franchise, hes getting literally 50 people a week and weeding through them.

I know for a fact though that the owner of the Plano gym's father forked out pretty much 99% of thecash for it, personally I just don't respect that all. Good guy yes, serious about bodybuilding... no. Serious about fitness.... Ill say yes to that one though.

I would actually be interested in opening one....capital for the time being would def be a problem though unfortunately

As long as the religion thing doesn't have to carry over I would love it. Hell i'm very against religion and i still can deny that Metroflex (the original) is the most badass gym on the planet to train at.

The GYM in plymouth, Mn. A bunch of the old wrestlers used to train here - Mr.Perfect- Road Warriors- Jessie "the body" and a ton of 500+ benchers.
The owner Jimmy has been around forever and lives at the place. The only gym i've been to where the owner high fives you for intensity and using the equipment. We do need new bars though *caugh caugh Jimmy* alot are bent.
Great atmosphere.

you need some texas power bars

If so, his father is just an investor. I can't imagine he would lend anyone, even his son, $150,000 without expecting to be paid back.

By this logic, you are against any company that has to use investors to start up.

There is a nice hardcore gym in South Jersey, Extreme Fitness, the owner is super cool, nice up-to-date equipment, dumbells up to 200lbs, lots of competitors & You even get met by the resident boxer at the door(bring a dogtreat), lastime I was their guys were closegripping 385 for reps...I love it there

Last edited:
metroflex gym in scottsdale will have that atmosphere-people with the same goals-hitting the iron hard...a bunch of good people with similar goals of getting strong, muscular, shredded etc theres nothing more fun than being around a group of men and women training hard to reach their goals...thats what metroflex gym in scottsdale will be all about.

QUAD's gym in Calumet City, Illinois

Still one of the most hardcore gyms in the midwest. Home to the likes of
Mr. Ed Coan...

The Land of the Giants :cool:

Imo , I used to enjoy the old school gym . I am talking about the 80's. They didnt play techno and rap bullshit and the only people I had to work around was other guys working out , not a bunch of trainers showing clients jumping jacks and one leg jumps. Guys were there to work out , not socialize.

If so, his father is just an investor. I can't imagine he would lend anyone, even his son, $150,000 without expecting to be paid back.

By this logic, you are against any company that has to use investors to start up.

Not at all, I come from a very successful family I have the trust fund and fixings just like he does, I've never taken a penny out of it and have earned my own fortune so to say. Will I use it in the future, absolutely, but I would like to earn something on my own in my life.

It was actually a birthday present for him if I remember correctly, not an investment for his father.

As far as opening you're own metroflex, franchise fee is only 25K. WELL WORTH it IMO

Training with Steve Kuclo seems to have had an effect! :cool:

YouTube - Greg McCoy trains back and poses at Metroflex Gym in Plano

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear