over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thia life is fragile. Had Bilateral pulmonary embolism

Bro glad you are ok. I could not imagine what that is like...times like this make all of us reading this post realize how we should treat every second of our lives like a life-time and treasure it!

True indeed brother. Up till last week I never ever been a patient in a hospital. Lucky to seeing the blue sky, working and loving my family and friends.

Yes, you should consider yourself vey luck indeed. Its good to hear a happy ending every once and awhile. Hopefully no damage was done to you, and I would think that if all the clots have cleared your capacity will be just as good as normal and you wont be able to tell any difference in the future. Keep us posted on the results of the clotting tests and genetic marker tests.

That's what I am hoping for maldorf. The challenge is not to go too hard too fast which after years and years of hard core training is the challenge. I am wondering how they know for certain that all clots have disolved. Perhaps another CT down the road.

Not the best news

The results from my Pro-thrombodotic results came and they are a bit all over. Mr Dr. will have me see a hemotologist in a few months and see if it is genetic vs. warfarin related. Need to know as it can effect my daughter down the line. Worse case scenario is I am on warfarin for life.

The results from my Pro-thrombodotic results came and they are a bit all over. Mr Dr. will have me see a hemotologist in a few months and see if it is genetic vs. warfarin related. Need to know as it can effect my daughter down the line. Worse case scenario is I am on warfarin for life.

Good youre seeing a hematologist, thats what I do. All I know is there are genetic tests they can run. I have factor 2, protrombin. There is also factor 5. Im assuming since there is at least 5 factors, that there are at least then 3 more clotting factors. Its callled the clotting cascade. Its a long chain of biochemical reactions that lead to clotting.

Good youre seeing a hematologist, thats what I do. All I know is there are genetic tests they can run. I have factor 2, protrombin. There is also factor 5. Im assuming since there is at least 5 factors, that there are at least then 3 more clotting factors. Its callled the clotting cascade. Its a long chain of biochemical reactions that lead to clotting.

I will have the test in a week from now. ATM everything feels totally back to normal. BP, Strength and pulse all in good ranges.

PHEwwwwww

Just got results back from comprehensive blood test looking at several markers including genetic, cancer, etc and all were negative. Looks like the clots were indeed a freak occurance that most likely was caused by air travel and having my 6 year old fall asleep on my lap for an extended period of time.

The hemotologist will likely have me on the warafrin for 6-12 months and follow with a CT scan. Best to be safe than sorry because 1 in 3 who come off too early end up getting another and then are on medication for life. I am a happy chappy.:D

Just a word to the readers out there. If you travel much especially long flights, think about using low dose aspririn for a few weeks before and after trip and get up frequently. Might save your life.

Just got results back from comprehensive blood test looking at several markers including genetic, cancer, etc and all were negative. Looks like the clots were indeed a freak occurance that most likely was caused by air travel and having my 6 year old fall asleep on my lap for an extended period of time.

The hemotologist will likely have me on the warafrin for 6-12 months and follow with a CT scan. Best to be safe than sorry because 1 in 3 who come off too early end up getting another and then are on medication for life. I am a happy chappy.:D

The fact that they ruled out common causes of recurrent PE is excellent news! Air travel-related PEs are much more common than most in the general public know. In addition to going over all of the mandatory safety features, I wish the airlines would provide simple information on the risks of PE, initial symptoms to look out for, how to avoid PE during a flight, and what to do if you begin to have symtoms after the flight (i.e., go to the ER immediately). Thanks for the update and best of luck to you!

Just a word to the readers out there. If you travel much especially long flights, think about using low dose aspririn for a few weeks before and after trip and get up frequently. Might save your life.

This is good advice. Just make sure that you do not have any contraindications (e.g., hepatic disease, recent GI bleed or hx of petic ulcer disease) to taking low dose aspirin before you initiate an aspirin-regiment.

-G

god bless

That’s a scary story, I run alot and sometimes after running 10+ miles the following night I will get palpitations, this always gives me the jitters.

The heart is a very tricky mechanism.

Good luck, lets hope for the best !

Thanks for kind words fellas.

How are you doing with the Coumadin? Just wondering what the want your INR range to be and how easy it is for you to keep in within range. Mines supposed to be between 2 and 3. Lately its been about 3.2 and we might have to change my dose. It can be tricky. Im on for life.

I am lucky to be alive and well. Two days after a long international plane ride, 4 hours of which my daughter fell asleep on my lap, I was at a party and started feeling pretty lousy.

First off I do not drink, never done silly amountsof AAS and in my 41 years have never been in a hospital as a patient. After feeling pain in my upper back, then in my lower chest (right side actually) and could not sleep at all, I decided to call a friend who was in town visiting and who's father is also a cardiologist. Lucky I did as it may have saved my life. They made a few calls and got me into the hospital ASAP where a battery of test including x-rays, ultra sounds and CT where performed pronto. My heart rate was double what it normally was and BP was way beyond normal.

The Cat Scan revealed I had a bilateral pulmonary embolism. Not good, infact after heart attacks if it isn't quickly diagnosed it is the second highest instant killers in man. The good news was that I had an incredible team looking after me and because I was as fit as I was, my body was able to hang on. The down side is I had 5 days of injections and will be on blood thinners (warfrin) for the next 6 months. Now I actually have to watch myself when I shave or it can get ugly.

In the weeks to come I will test to see if it is genetic, blood pressure related or just a completely fluke thing that occured because of a 14 hour plane flight with a six year old sleeping on my lap. I flew back across the world today and feel ok. I must start work tomorrow and next week will resume some light training.

For the first time in my life I feel very very mortal in deed and I dont like it.

Life is fragile. Enjoy each day your given. Hope your recover 100%.

Life is fragile. Enjoy each day your given. Hope your recover 100%.

A belated thanks Alin. I am doing very well. As stated numerous times in thread before, I was quite lucky to get through pretty unscathed. A few more months of warfarin and then it will be a memory.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws