over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thick back

Bboy is an exception. Guy has an amazing back. Probably better back then most people's back without even picking up a weight

As for deadlift and heavy squats making your waist bigger bullshit. It's same as guys not training abs because it's thickens your waist. It's just an excuse for being lazy.

The best backs in the world deadlifted and deadlifted heavy. Not your generics freaks like Phil health but your Johnny Jackson's. In no way can you say Johnny is a genetic freak but he works out fucking hard and heavy. And he has the freakiest back on the Olympia stage (of today).

Bboy is an exception. Guy has an amazing back. Probably better back then most people's back without even picking up a weight

As for deadlift and heavy squats making your waist bigger bullshit. It's same as guys not training abs because it's thickens your waist. It's just an excuse for being lazy.

The best backs in the world deadlifted and deadlifted heavy. Not your generics freaks like Phil health but your Johnny Jackson's. In no way can you say Johnny is a genetic freak but he works out fucking hard and heavy. And he has the freakiest back on the Olympia stage (of today).
so Johnny Jackson has a great back because of his work ethic, and I have a great back only because of genetics and don't deadlift because I'm lazy although I tore my lat deadlifting 585 lbs on the 12th rep. I guess you missed the part that all my workout partners have exceptional backs, surely it wasn't genetics only for them too or could it be contributed to the way we train back??? Hmmmmm?

so Johnny Jackson has a great back because of his work ethic, and I have a great back only because of genetics and don't deadlift because I'm lazy although I tore my lat deadlifting 585 lbs on the 12th rep. I guess you missed the part that all my workout partners have exceptional backs, surely it wasn't genetics only for them too or could it be contributed to the way we train back??? Hmmmmm?

I’m with b-boy on this. All dead lifts did for me was tear my left lat. The motion simulates a squat for the most part. It doesn’t ever work the back other than the Christmas tree. Thick backs come from heavy rows: barbell, dumbell, T-bar. Pull-ups for lat width.

You don't believe if you train your abs regularly with huge weights over time it make your ab muscles big and pop out, thus, making your waist bigger?

Yes....johnny Jackson does deadlift heavy....but mostly for powerlifting which he still competes in. He also trains stupid heavy on tons of different rows which probably contributes a lot more to his back development. Dorian didn't deadlift and I don't think theres anyone out there who could say that it hurt his back in any way not to.
The guy in this picture is one of the best deadlifters of all time. Lamar Gant. Only human whos ever lived that has deadlifted five times his own bodyweight. I don't see any particularly special back development here

Attachments

• lamar gant.jpg
    lamar gant.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 176
Yes....johnny Jackson does deadlift heavy....but mostly for powerlifting which he still competes in. He also trains stupid heavy on tons of different rows which probably contributes a lot more to his back development. Dorian didn't deadlift and I don't think theres anyone out there who could say that it hurt his back in any way not to.

The guy in this picture is one of the best deadlifters of all time. Lamar Gant. Only human whos ever lived that has deadlifted five times his own bodyweight. I don't see any particularly special back development here

Dorian actually did deadlift. Not your conventional deadlift however. I actually think Dorian deads are quite beneficial, and if anyone has ever tried them, they’d say the same.

I’m with b-boy on this. All dead lifts did for me was tear my left lat. The motion simulates a squat for the most part. It doesn’t ever work the back other than the Christmas tree. Thick backs come from heavy rows: barbell, dumbell, T-bar. Pull-ups for lat width.

Come on now. Saying it doesn’t work the back is quite silly. If anyone isn’t feeling it in the back at all, use a wider grip. Or try snatch grip deadlifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dorian actually did deadlift. Not your conventional deadlift however. I actually think Dorian deads are quite beneficial, and if anyone has ever tried them, they’d say the same.

Come on now. Saying it doesn’t work the back is quite silly. If anyone isn’t feeling it in the back at all, use a wider grip. Or try snatch grip deadlifts.

Dorian deadlifts are closer to sldl or rdl than they are to regular deadlifts

I like Romanian Dead lifts. Constant tension. But I like to do a rowing movement first to pre-fatigue the muscles and get really warmed up for the RDL's. To me that works best as by that point, I am getting a lot more assistance by all the other muscle groups to really stress the area and to keep the intensity up in that area.

But I think it comes down to the individual and what gives them the most bang for their buck with the mind/muscle connection.

There are so many angles to use to hit various parts....so don't shortchange yourself by not experimenting with them all. Some days, I will stumble on an exercise that for some reason just clicks....and I may use it exclusively for the entire workout to "milk" it for what it's worth even if I had more exercises planned.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Disagree. I notice a huge difference in Dorian deads compared to RDLs or SLDLs. Guess it depends how you’re performing Dorian deads.

All Dorian Deads are are to the shin. You can rack deads from the shin as well, pretty much the same exercise, except I find I can go a heavier on rack deads

All Dorian Deads are are to the shin. You can rack deads from the shin as well, pretty much the same exercise, except I find I can go a heavier on rack deads

Constant tension versus not. Dorian deads you’re never setting the weight down.

i agree with some points N4T is making, Brad himself would surely agree that genetically his back is one of his best bodyparts, that in no way shape or form suggestis he doesnt train hard etc etc That picture from memory was from his natural days (freak)

thru time I have always seen a correlation with strong backs and deadlifting, of course there are exceptions but if someone wanted to improve their back I cant see why they wouldnt use deadlifts

I have been trained by DC and then an approved DC trainer (homon) and in both routines there was deadlifts. Tuff to argue with that knowledge.

Now these meadow rows. For me they don't seem as effective as db rows. Idk
But also. Those other rows however ( John uses the same landmine row)
seem legit.

Now these meadow rows. For me they don't seem as effective as db rows. Idk

But also. Those other rows however ( John uses the same landmine row)

seem legit.

Looks could be deceiving. Give them a fair shake before passing judgement.

Anyone else a fan of these?

elevated-inverted-row.jpg

These are really good. I like to superset them with a movement like db pullovers on a flat bench (pullovers come first). Or I put them alone near the end of my workout.

The only advantage in my mind to doing deadlifts is that they build your forearms and grip strength and the traps a bit maybe just because they have to bear the weight. I used to do them but stopped for about 4 years and my back actually improved as my other lifts went up. Heavy bentover barbell rows for me. I got up to using 315 for about 8-10 reps.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic