over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

things that harm/help kidneys the most

T

The most overlooked supplement of all time, to me, is taurine. It is absolutely incredible for kidney function. It’s one of the supplements I will never go without.
- a godsend for the kidneys https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2994373/
- Reduces a fatty liver
- acts as a modular for N.O. - incredible for the circulatory system
- Prevents atherosclerosis
- regulates calcium/potassium pumps and through this mechanism it’ll essentially eliminate fibromyalgia issues.
- hydrates the muscles
- the heart has a high concentration of taurine too btw...
- can pulverize colitis issues - when on cycle it’ll keep your appetite in most ppl

it’s also incredibly cheap. There’s no reason why everyone shouldn’t be in this especially if you’re cycling throughout the years.
personally I make a gallon of tea a day, add in 10-15 grams of taurine and 3 tablespoons of glycerol and drink it throughout the day. I would never think of going without it ever.
Good post. What do you see in the importance of Glycerol

On topic of kidneys

had my creatinine come back at 1.29 and BUN at 24

i eat about 200-250g protein daily and workout 6 days a week with 10k steps

Should i be worried?

On topic of kidneys

had my creatinine come back at 1.29 and BUN at 24

i eat about 200-250g protein daily and workout 6 days a week with 10k steps

Should i be worried?
What's your bw and blood pressure? Those numbers wouldn't really concern me

my bp is 105-115 systolic and 60-70 diastolic
RHR 60-65

BW is 170lb
Lean
I feel like at that be and lean and fit t should be a bit lower but still not alarming. May be a good idea to take a couple days off training and retest. Any protein in urine?

Figured with a few recent threads on Kidneys this would be a good idea since I don't want to turn someones personal thread Ito a general kidney thread

Bad things

- High BP (known)
-Diabetes (known)
- Eating too much protein (if they are already compromised which I would assume MOST of us kidneys are to some degree)
-Dehydration (known)
- Creatinine. Not sure the mechanism but I have seen many places this is bad for kidneys, correct me if I am wrong

Questionable things
- AAS (or do they only harm them indirectly by increasing BP? etc)

Specific AAS
- Ive heard orals are the worst, is this confirmed or speculation? I know they are harder on the liver, but does any oral medication taken automatically harm the kidneys? I know HIV patients can take drol or var at high dosages for long periods of time, I question this.
- Tren and EQ. I don't personally see how they would be worse than say high test, deca. I do think they could be, as we consider tren more "toxic" but is it? Or is this bro science?
- My proteinuria was at its absolute worst on anavar, then improved when I stopped the var. I have read a few posts over the years where people speculated var is really bad for the kidneys I can't remember exactly why.

- Clen/ephedra/stimulants? If they raise BP yes, but if you keep BP under control, do they actually harm kidneys?

- Non natural protein. I had a doctor tell me to stop taking supplemental protein and creatinine and my creatinine would drop when I got re-tested, she was correct. She said this is consistent with what she sees in her crossfire athletes (drop artificial protein and creatinine then re-test, and creatinine levels lower).

Things that may help

- astragalus? I am a known anti-suppment guy but this one has me interested. Why has more research not been done/. I have read some things along the lines "it may just drop your creatinine levels and not actually help kidneys". I personally don't buy this, I would think if it is actually lowering creatinine and eliminating protein in urine it is helping the kidneys, I can't see how it could "mask helping" them? Im defiantly plan to try it per the other thread

- Losing weight and doing cardio (obvious)

- Proper sodium/potassium balance? I've read this should be 1:1. When I had some very high creatinine levels my doctors associated it with me driving way too much water that summer and flushing out too much sodium. Once I stopped, things improved. Should people with kidney worries watch sodium and potassium? What balance should we go for?

Feel free to add anything or comment on anything you disagree or agree with that I wrote.
ah man, too funny... there is that other thread saying "hey why not eat HIGH levels of protein? why doesnt everyone do this?"
well, there ya go....

Interesting, good stuff. I wonder how AAS abuse compares to say alcohol or rec drugs when it comes to harming the kidneys? You never really hear about alcoholics or drug addicts with kidney problems? Maybe I just see the affects of AAS on them because I read the forums and we are actually somewhat health conscious. I wonder if any mens physique, or athletes in general who keep at a lower bodyweight, but still use a ton of AAS, have issues.

Meaning is it only the big guys (220 plus) or do 180,190,200lb physique type guys who im sure abuse AAS, diuretics, etc hav kidney issues?
i will let ya know how my kidney function goes.... i abused the shit out of alcohol for years n years.... fingers crossed i will be ok controlling it now.
im 45 yrs old.

I feel like at that be and lean and fit t should be a bit lower but still not alarming. May be a good idea to take a couple days off training and retest. Any protein in urine?

No protein in urine

Ultrasound also showed no kidney abnormalities

BW 6 months prior had everything clear (but since then being working out alot more and more protein in diet)

ah man, too funny... there is that other thread saying "hey why not eat HIGH levels of protein? why doesnt everyone do this?"
well, there ya go....
I havent been able to hardly consume any since dialysis in july
astragulus and taurine megadosing and GH mid-high dosing, diet cleanup, detox helped get me back on track.

@ Ignorant ….

Dehydration can adversely affect both Creatinine (so eGFR) as well as BUN.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws