over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

things that harm/help kidneys the most

any guideline as to what would constitute "somewhat reasonable amounts" of protein for, let's say, a 200lb guy?

Honestly, im not up to date on all the new literature but the papers i read years ago defined higher protein levels as 1.5g/kg of bodyweight and that showed increased glomerulus pressures.

I am guilty as charged as i commonly consume more then that...

NSAIDs can be very damaging to renal function. That is very relevant to many lifters who rely on NSAIDs to train through injuries etc.
Took way too much in my Mil career. Ambien as well for those 23 hr flights on cargo nets. Def not good.

Both these articles include kidney related side effects from AAS:

Both these articles include kidney related side effects from AAS:

I read through some of these (haven't had time to read all yet), and one good thing I see in the studies and studies they cite, alot of guys are in pretty bad shape, then "discontinue AAS use" (not sure if I believe they all just quit cold turkey), lost some size, and their creatinine/proteinurea improved to almost normal. I guess one positive, if we make lifestyle changes, serious ones, the creatinine and proteinuria can improve greatly

I would bet money that if people who are running decent dose trenbolone cycles got a urinalysis done midway through. There's a pretty high chance they'd be leaking protein.

Kaladryn had a pretty good hypothesis on myoglobin release from strength adaptations that came from trenbolone. Lots of guys see raised creatinine, lower GFR on tren cycles in addition to the rusty urine, and ammonia smell.

T
Figured with a few recent threads on Kidneys this would be a good idea since I don't want to turn someones personal thread Ito a general kidney thread

Bad things

- High BP (known)
-Diabetes (known)
- Eating too much protein (if they are already compromised which I would assume MOST of us kidneys are to some degree)
-Dehydration (known)
- Creatinine. Not sure the mechanism but I have seen many places this is bad for kidneys, correct me if I am wrong

Questionable things
- AAS (or do they only harm them indirectly by increasing BP? etc)

Specific AAS
- Ive heard orals are the worst, is this confirmed or speculation? I know they are harder on the liver, but does any oral medication taken automatically harm the kidneys? I know HIV patients can take drol or var at high dosages for long periods of time, I question this.
- Tren and EQ. I don't personally see how they would be worse than say high test, deca. I do think they could be, as we consider tren more "toxic" but is it? Or is this bro science?
- My proteinuria was at its absolute worst on anavar, then improved when I stopped the var. I have read a few posts over the years where people speculated var is really bad for the kidneys I can't remember exactly why.

- Clen/ephedra/stimulants? If they raise BP yes, but if you keep BP under control, do they actually harm kidneys?

- Non natural protein. I had a doctor tell me to stop taking supplemental protein and creatinine and my creatinine would drop when I got re-tested, she was correct. She said this is consistent with what she sees in her crossfire athletes (drop artificial protein and creatinine then re-test, and creatinine levels lower).

Things that may help

- astragalus? I am a known anti-suppment guy but this one has me interested. Why has more research not been done/. I have read some things along the lines "it may just drop your creatinine levels and not actually help kidneys". I personally don't buy this, I would think if it is actually lowering creatinine and eliminating protein in urine it is helping the kidneys, I can't see how it could "mask helping" them? Im defiantly plan to try it per the other thread

- Losing weight and doing cardio (obvious)

- Proper sodium/potassium balance? I've read this should be 1:1. When I had some very high creatinine levels my doctors associated it with me driving way too much water that summer and flushing out too much sodium. Once I stopped, things improved. Should people with kidney worries watch sodium and potassium? What balance should we go for?

Feel free to add anything or comment on anything you disagree or agree with that I wrote.
The most overlooked supplement of all time, to me, is taurine. It is absolutely incredible for kidney function. It’s one of the supplements I will never go without.
- a godsend for the kidneys https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2994373/
- Reduces a fatty liver
- acts as a modular for N.O. - incredible for the circulatory system
- Prevents atherosclerosis
- regulates calcium/potassium pumps and through this mechanism it’ll essentially eliminate fibromyalgia issues.
- hydrates the muscles
- the heart has a high concentration of taurine too btw...
- can pulverize colitis issues - when on cycle it’ll keep your appetite in most ppl

it’s also incredibly cheap. There’s no reason why everyone shouldn’t be in this especially if you’re cycling throughout the years.
personally I make a gallon of tea a day, add in 10-15 grams of taurine and 3 tablespoons of glycerol and drink it throughout the day. I would never think of going without it ever.

I have always wonders this about kidneys. Finding support is tough. I go other way, I feel high protein for too long, too many supplements and AS are the cause. Yes we know. So I back off AS here and there, try to limit orals in cycles and how may X per year, and diet down 2x a ye to give my kidneys a break. Otherwise water. But interested to see what others say....

While we're at it, what interventions would you ass to my list of putative beneficial things to do or take for kidney health:

Drinking a lot of water (Duh, but not really)

Microbiome optimization (Probiotics/Prebiotics/Dealing with SIBO and/or Candida)
Mitochondrial optimization (TULIP stack)
LLLT on Kidney area (only have anecdotal experiences, need more sources)
Sauna/Heat shock (nrf2)
Pielotax (Khavinson peptides, need more sources)
Systemic inflammation reduction (Curcumin/Fish oil/Resveratrol/...)
Rapamycin (mtor)
Astragalus
Fibroblast Growth Factor 1 (FGF1)
Bardoxolone (nrf2)
Metformin
Nicotinamide Riboside (NAD+)
Telmisartan (and other ARBs)
Sulforaphane (nrf2)
GW-501516
Bromantane (NP-160/Actoprotectors)
Dasatinib/Imatinib/Nilotinib

Anyone got stuff to add?

Thanks!

While we're at it, what interventions would you ass to my list of putative beneficial things to do or take for kidney health:

Drinking a lot of water (Duh, but not really)

Microbiome optimization (Probiotics/Prebiotics/Dealing with SIBO and/or Candida)
Mitochondrial optimization (TULIP stack)
LLLT on Kidney area (only have anecdotal experiences, need more sources)
Sauna/Heat shock (nrf2)
Pielotax (Khavinson peptides, need more sources)
Systemic inflammation reduction (Curcumin/Fish oil/Resveratrol/...)
Rapamycin (mtor)
Astragalus
Fibroblast Growth Factor 1 (FGF1)
Bardoxolone (nrf2)
Metformin
Nicotinamide Riboside (NAD+)
Telmisartan (and other ARBs)
Sulforaphane (nrf2)
GW-501516
Bromantane (NP-160/Actoprotectors)
Dasatinib/Imatinib/Nilotinib

Anyone got stuff to add?

Thanks!
Great list. Add cordyceps militaris onto the list. You have mentioned probiotics, but specifically look at Renadyl.

So, i have been taking 200mg DHEA orally for about six weeks now for bumping up some hormonal pathways (test, e2,...), the DHEA acting as a test and estrogen base somewhat (am using it since test results came back low repeatedly since PCT for last AAS cycle didn't bring up test values back to baseline again).

am thinking of hopping on Test again, I simply wanted to do a "natty" SARM cycle between hopping off on TEST again (maybe permanently now, depending on next round of hormonal blood panels later this year),

had in mind DHEA was relatively safe, however coming across a few studies I've been wary of using it too high now, don't know how much relevant this really is (had instances of kidney issues in the paast, nwo resolved I think):

The effect of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on renal function and metabolism in diabetic rats

Kidney damage from high BP doesn't seem to be immediate, but cumulative over time (years), barring any acute hypertensive injury/emergency, where one episode might cause AKI, then possible enhanced suceptibility and further progression to kidney disease.

Any AAS user should read the following study IMO:

Pathophysiology of Hypertensive Renal Damage

Especially, high BP and influence on kidney health is a huge point of concern for people like me, who naturally have addictions and is powerfully drawn to AAS use and stim use (often concurrently)

Figured with a few recent threads on Kidneys this would be a good idea since I don't want to turn someones personal thread Ito a general kidney thread

Bad things

- High BP (known)
-Diabetes (known)
- Eating too much protein (if they are already compromised which I would assume MOST of us kidneys are to some degree)
-Dehydration (known)
- Creatinine. Not sure the mechanism but I have seen many places this is bad for kidneys, correct me if I am wrong

Questionable things
- AAS (or do they only harm them indirectly by increasing BP? etc)

Specific AAS
- Ive heard orals are the worst, is this confirmed or speculation? I know they are harder on the liver, but does any oral medication taken automatically harm the kidneys? I know HIV patients can take drol or var at high dosages for long periods of time, I question this.
- Tren and EQ. I don't personally see how they would be worse than say high test, deca. I do think they could be, as we consider tren more "toxic" but is it? Or is this bro science?
- My proteinuria was at its absolute worst on anavar, then improved when I stopped the var. I have read a few posts over the years where people speculated var is really bad for the kidneys I can't remember exactly why.

- Clen/ephedra/stimulants? If they raise BP yes, but if you keep BP under control, do they actually harm kidneys?

- Non natural protein. I had a doctor tell me to stop taking supplemental protein and creatinine and my creatinine would drop when I got re-tested, she was correct. She said this is consistent with what she sees in her crossfire athletes (drop artificial protein and creatinine then re-test, and creatinine levels lower).

Things that may help

- astragalus? I am a known anti-suppment guy but this one has me interested. Why has more research not been done/. I have read some things along the lines "it may just drop your creatinine levels and not actually help kidneys". I personally don't buy this, I would think if it is actually lowering creatinine and eliminating protein in urine it is helping the kidneys, I can't see how it could "mask helping" them? Im defiantly plan to try it per the other thread

- Losing weight and doing cardio (obvious)

- Proper sodium/potassium balance? I've read this should be 1:1. When I had some very high creatinine levels my doctors associated it with me driving way too much water that summer and flushing out too much sodium. Once I stopped, things improved. Should people with kidney worries watch sodium and potassium? What balance should we go for?

Feel free to add anything or comment on anything you disagree or agree with that I wrote.
am trying to manage hypertension at the moment, however I've been switched to amlodipine from GP and it seems to have minimal effects on BP, and a variety of symptoms reappeared (generalized itching,...,), GFR is about 70, will try to get appt with a nephrologist, to try and sort that out.

am trying to manage hypertension at the moment, however I've been switched to amlodipine from GP and it seems to have minimal effects on BP, and a variety of symptoms reappeared (generalized itching,...,), GFR is about 70, will try to get appt with a nephrologist, to try and sort that out.
What about things like bf, cardio, sodium and caffeine intake? Don't overlook stress. At one point my BP was so high they wouldn't let me donate blood. Shedding a few lbs, cutting back on caffeine, and making my cardio real cardio aka not walking on the treadmill got it down. Not sure if I switched compounds or not

yes I'm striving to get all the other things in check as well; how high was your BP back then?

I wrote a thread earlier today in another discussion when I laid out the situation with the amlodipine more in detail:

BP Meds possibly linked to kidney damage

I think 150/90 at one point. Stressful time at work ( Left that job), taking 2 monsters per day, half assing my cardio.

I think 150/90 at one point. Stressful time at work ( Left that job), taking 2 monsters per day, half assing my cardio.
ok, my BP also has been hovering at that kind of range over the last ten weeks or so, I'd say, hence my possible cause for concern (I also got symptoms but IDK whether they are associated with kidneys taking a beating or not)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131