over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

things that help reduce bloat

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I know alot of people take medication and supplements, but im talking about other things that help. I don't bloat as bad as it seems some people do it sounds like, but if I eat the wrong foods, especially pre-workout, I definitely get some

For me...

Avoid coffee energy drinks, these always bloat me and make my stomach stick out. With the coffee, hot. Iced coffee doesn't have the same affect. I guess with the energy drinks it has to do with the carbonation but even on an empty stomach they make me feel full, both great for dieting but have left me walking in the gym feeling pregnant.

Food choices. For carbs, rice cakes for some reason bloat me, no idea why they are pretty light. The same calories in yellow potatoes don't, maybe the potassium helps digestion? Rice doesn't bloat me either but does little to help with hunger. Ive noticed calorie free syrups can lead to bloating, especially skinny syrup and walden farms to a lesser degree.

Vaccumes. Usually people talk about these strengthening the TVA and it helps with long term. But tonight I ate too much too fast pre-workout and walked in the gym with the pregnant look. Someone was on the machine I needed so I just did some vacuumes while I waited, and it helped alot. No clue why but ill try this again next time I feel bloated

Turkey seems to digest for me better than chicken, 14 oz turkey I feel fine, chicken, not so good. Red meat seems to digest really well too. Not sure what it is about chicken specifically that gives me problems, maybe the antibiotics they put in it?

Go with lower carbonated energy drinks

Alani nu taste great and have 200mg of caffeine. Low carbonation.

Caffeine and carbonation are terrible for stomach bloat. Stay away from NSAIDs when possible. Listen to your body, if a food consistently gives you gas or bloating something is off and it’s time to change. And I’m the same with red meat. A 16 ounce steak digests great and I get hungry again, but 8 ounces of chicken stays with me so much longer.
And rice cakes likely bother you due to resistant starch. Heating and cooling rice causes this

I know alot of people take medication and supplements, but im talking about other things that help. I don't bloat as bad as it seems some people do it sounds like, but if I eat the wrong foods, especially pre-workout, I definitely get some

For me...

Avoid coffee energy drinks, these always bloat me and make my stomach stick out. With the coffee, hot. Iced coffee doesn't have the same affect. I guess with the energy drinks it has to do with the carbonation but even on an empty stomach they make me feel full, both great for dieting but have left me walking in the gym feeling pregnant.

Food choices. For carbs, rice cakes for some reason bloat me, no idea why they are pretty light. The same calories in yellow potatoes don't, maybe the potassium helps digestion? Rice doesn't bloat me either but does little to help with hunger. Ive noticed calorie free syrups can lead to bloating, especially skinny syrup and walden farms to a lesser degree.

Vaccumes. Usually people talk about these strengthening the TVA and it helps with long term. But tonight I ate too much too fast pre-workout and walked in the gym with the pregnant look. Someone was on the machine I needed so I just did some vacuumes while I waited, and it helped alot. No clue why but ill try this again next time I feel bloated

Turkey seems to digest for me better than chicken, 14 oz turkey I feel fine, chicken, not so good. Red meat seems to digest really well too. Not sure what it is about chicken specifically that gives me problems, maybe the antibiotics they put in it?
Also, the fda prohibits use of hormones or antibiotics in any chicken meant to be consumed. They can only be used in egg layers. Companies who put that on the label are using it as a marketing scheme

The older I get (52) the more bloated I feel when trying to push calories. I'm convinced it's a digestion issue. I have to give my gut a respite 3-4x year for 36-48 hours. What I like to do is a liquid fast. I'll simply stop eating solids and push my hydration for a good 36 hours and then slowly add easy to digest proteins (eggs, fish, whey isolate) and work my way back to chicken & beef. Complex carbs in my experience really gum-up peristalsis so I add them back slowly. When my appetite goes to shit and my gut looks like I'm in my second trimester a liquid fast seems to help recalibrate the amount of acid my stomach produces. It's nice to wake up with a flat stomach in the am and actually crave calories.

Some other things that help are ginger, deglycerhizinated licorice root, slippery elm, and enteric coated peppermint oil capsules. Keeping peristalsis flowing with some magnesium citrate pre bed is helpful for me as well. Also….a low fodmap diet

I think the biggest problem is the sweeteners, sugar-free gum, diet coke ... it's hard not to consume too much of this when you're on a diet.

I think the biggest problem is the sweeteners, sugar-free gum, diet coke ... it's hard not to consume too much of this when you're on a diet.
Artificial sugar and sugar alcohols definitely wreak havoc on the digestive system and negatively effect the gut micro biome

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131