over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Things to add to protein shakes to "thicken"

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Any ideas what can be added to shakes, zero or low carb, to give them some texture? I drink one in the morning on the way to work using casein, cinnamon, and almond milk. Was thinking of maybe avacodo or peanut butter but trying to stay as low carb as possible on my off days.

Ever try chia seeds? It will add a few carbs but nearly all are fiber. Also a few grams of protein and fat while not changing the flavor. One tablespoon will add zinc, ALA, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron.

Guar gum or xanthan gum. Guar tastes much better to me, both have zero calories and both really fill you up. You can also mix protein powder with some almond milk and add shirataki noodles that have almost zero calories - delicious ! :)
X2 on the xanthan. The longer it sits the more it sets up. Best to mix it in a blender

Xanthan gum for sure.

Good suggestions!

s anyone here old school and not use a blender? I've brought them before but never ended up using. I hate doing dishes and cook all my meals so it's just one more thing to clean and I'm always on the go.

Was also thinking about refrigerating some cooked egg whites overnight and throwing them in to thicken.

Good suggestions!

s anyone here old school and not use a blender? I've brought them before but never ended up using. I hate doing dishes and cook all my meals so it's just one more thing to clean and I'm always on the go.

Was also thinking about refrigerating some cooked egg whites overnight and throwing them in to thicken.
The container on the ninja I have is the same size as a shaker bottle and you just swap the blender blade lid with a sip type lid so the only extra thing to wash is the lid with the blades

Good suggestions!

I had a Ninja blender and got rid of it as it was never used.

A little goes a long way with xanthan gum. Add too much and you will choke on your shake it will be so thick.

Frozen cauliflower and avocado. Sounds nasty, but chocolate flavors, it’s actually quite good

Good suggestions!

Just use liquid egg whites instead of water to make the shake

Avocado makes a smoothie very creamy and is a great additive for what your looking for. Peanut butter is good but avocado will thicken the smoothie and make it almost like melted ice-cream texture.

UC-II collagen powder??
Might get some joint benefits...

-------

UC-II administration has been reported to be more effective than the most frequently used glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplements in joint health studies that were done with humans and animals. UC-II can alleviate inflammatory T-cell response and activate T-regulatory cells via its oral tolerance mechanism, which eventually may reduce the cartilage damage. While NSAIDs have been shown to induce several side effects, including GI bleeding, along with the renal and hepatic dysfunction causing problems, in the long run, it is obvious that a safe and effective therapy is needed. In order to shed light to the true mechanism of action that UC-II takes place in the articular cartilage, along with an intention to bring better insights to the joint repair mechanisms, the techniques such as immunohistochemically staining and the unchecked gene expression of peptides related to cartilage metabolism should be performed in the experimental small animal models of OA. In the current literature, UC-II has been suggested as a safe and effective supplement for joint health both for humans and animals. It has been and can further be used standalone or as an adjuvant therapy with drugs in the OA management of those suffering companion animals.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws