over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thinking about bodybuilding

Jerseyfury

Newbies
Hello,

I know that many members on this website have been or are bodybuilders so I figured this would be the place to ask any questions about the sport. I am a 20 year old male college student. 6'1" 210lbs (will get pics up later). I have been avidly lifting since 15 and I want to take the step up to bodybuilding but don't really know where to start. And I know it is all about dedication and checking your level of commitment everyday. Besides that, I don't know a whole ton so I'm here to ask.
My friend just placed in the NPC collegiate and teen nationals. He took 1st in middle-weight for teen and collegiate level. His advice was to find a local trainer and to start building a solid base before anything else. I am taking this advice into consideration and plan on doing so but was interested to see if any of you others had any other input or wanted to throw out there things I should think about before making this commitment.

Thank you for your time,
-Jersey

Last edited:
Hello,

I know I will have to run quite a few cycles to get to the point of where I can step on a stage and be competitive, that is for sure.

could be why you're not getting many responses. bad stereotype

stick to the basics

Stick to the basics: Eat good and train heavy.

over time you will pick up the rest.

Hello,

I know that many members on this website have been or are bodybuilders so I figured this would be the place to ask any questions about the sport. I am a 20 year old male college student. 6'1" 210lbs (will get pics up later). I have been avidly lifting since 15 and I want to take the step up to bodybuilding but don't really know where to start. I know I will have to run quite a few cycles to get to the point of where I can step on a stage and be competitive, that is for sure. And I know it is all about dedication and checking your level of commitment everyday. Besides that, I don't know a whole ton so I'm here to ask.
My friend just placed in the NPC collegiate and teen nationals. He took 1st in middle-weight for teen and collegiate level. His advice was to find a local trainer and to start building a solid base before anything else. I am taking this advice into consideration and plan on doing so but was interested to see if any of you others had any other input or wanted to throw out there things I should think about before making this commitment.

Thank you for your time,
-Jersey

I forget the local trainer and hire me one of the many pros on this site.

I forget the local trainer and hire me one of the many pros on this site.

Agreed !!! trainers sucks, only if you get a very professional trainer checking his resume, shows and different work with athletes and his own competition level will be good...and let me tell you, from 100 trainers, maybe just one should be a trainer in a gym! the other 99 i wish to put them against a wall and shoot them with a machine gun.

And like Samian says, stick to the basics and hire some of us here, that would be the best investment you can make and also staying away from all the crap and bad advices.

The first one that advice you take any steroid, just kick his ass, you wont need them, your body is totally ready to absorb good training and nutrition with natural suplementation and believeme you will look like you are taking them.

First off, you do not have to use steroids to be competitive. I've seen some guys look incredible without ever touching a steroid, I've seen guys win overall in shows who I guarantee 110% have never used it. You shouldn't even thinking about steroids for awhile. If you cannot stay dedicated off them, you wont stay dedicated or big on them

sounds good...I will look into a trainer on this website.

EDIT-i took the quote out about steroids. I have ran a 12 week cycle before and just thought that I would most likely need to use them again.

sounds good...I will look into a trainer on this website.

EDIT-i took the quote out about steroids. I have ran a 12 week cycle before and just thought that I would most likely need to use them again.

I've been cycling on and off now for 8 years. It got to the point that it became harder and harder to take a break from them, and I'm convinced I was dumping shit into my body that was no longer being utilized for much and relying on the gear more than myself. Well, I've been off of them now for 6 wks, and I look better and I'm also stronger than when I was on them. Because I finally told myself that I was what was going to make the difference, not some bottle. I'm not going to sit here and bullshit you and say I'll never use them again, but I just want you to know it can be done. I've had more compliments about my physique lately than before. That, and supplements are light years beyond what they used to be

yea I wasn't trying to say that I need them I just thought from past experiences that I would most likely use their aid again. Sure i'd love to be able to do it without it because yea reality is that you are dumping a bunch of stuff into your body, that I agree with.

I have just got in touch with him and will be working with him very shortly! i'm psyched

phils a great trainer, and a great guy. he wont bullshit, or soft ball ya. train hard, and do what he tells ya.:D

Id say just read here and other bodybuilding board...Go to the gym train hard, get a good offseason base diet and see where that leads you...

chris

I can honestlly say that bodybuilding has changed my life. It teaches you so much disipline etc...Go around and read the stickies on this board there is so much you can learn from this site alone. Best advise wait to use gear. get a good solid diet and training regimne under you before anything. Your still pretty young. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=bigheinz; and let me tell you, from 100 trainers, maybe just one should be a trainer in a gym! the other 99 i wish to put them against a wall and shoot them with a machine gun.

CLASSIC LOL

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity