over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thinking aloud and need advice

RetiredArmy0513

Registered
It’s been awhile since I’ve been on PM. In late March I had 2 surgeries to get them out the way. Septum surgery and a migraine surgery where they cut out some nerves in trigger spots in migraines. I stopped going to the gym in early March. It seemed like every time I would take a step forward and start liking the way I look something happens. Anyway I finished up my degree in that time and started slowly going back to the gym in June. It’s been very sporadic though and I don’t go regularly enough for my liking. I haven’t really lost or gained any weight, still always between 175-180. I’ve kept my TRT through the whole thing and my levels are around 1000 at last lab a couple weeks ago. I’m finally ready to get back into this and this time my goal is to just work my ass off and get bigger. I want to go all out for a year and see what improvements and strides I’ve made. From now until September 1st, my goal is to work out at least 4xs a week, maybe 5 and eat better. Eating well is the hardest part of this whole thing. I’ve pretty much ate whatever since March. Then after the 1st I’m going to slowly introduce other compounds but not crazy doses. I’m not setting any lofty goals like competing next spring or fall like I did last time, going with s different approach and make it all about me having fun and looking the best I can. Does this seem reasonable? Of course cardio 2-3xs a week as well. Anything else anyone can give me advice on? Does this plan seem reasonable? I was thinking of adding Ostarine in for the first few months but that is something I’ve never tried yet but I don’t want to take anything tent I don’t really need
Thanks guys and glad and excited to be back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well one thing is obvious your not a quitter! It's a great plan make adjustments to it as you go along and soon the surgeries, not training or eating properly will be behind you.

Last edited:
Main things that would make a differnce are get a treining partner to push you and build your routine around the big 4 lifts: Bench, Squat, Dead lift and Military press. Those will put mass on you. Eat 200+ gram of protein a day.

I wouldn’t mind getting a training partner either, most of my friends that lift live too far for me to meet them and the other guys I see regularly at the gym that I somewhat talk too like to work out by themselves, except for an occasional spot. When I went back to the gym after my hiatus it was like all new people there, the turnaround at the gym is amazing, besides the 20 or so people that have been there for years, people are all new, and even most of the trainers are new.

Progressive overload + progressive eating = size.

Progressive overload + progressive eating = size.

I think this is the key, simple as it is. Don't increase calories too fast or youll put on too much fat. Don't increase the weight on lifts too fast either or you may risk an injury. Take it slow and steady. Since you have been gone from the gym for so long your strength will come back fast. You might almost have to hold yourself back some from going too heavy because I think you may end up hurting your connective tissue since it gets stronger much slower. Don't want to develop tendonitis etc.

Being overzealous you could also just in general over train. These are the things I have to watch out for. That is only on TRT though. If you are on gear then your healing will be faster but I don't think the connective tissue heals and strengthens that much faster. Four or five days a week should be good for this though. Start out with just 3 days for the first week and see how you feel.

Last edited:
Order Fortitude Training from Dr. Scott

I went ahead and bought the e-book! Lots of stuff to look over about training and diet. Think I’m going to try out Tier 1 first and get back in it yesterday and this will be the first time in maybe 10 years that I’m going to log everything

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity