over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thinking of Working at GOLD'S

gten79

Registered
I live in Ohio and this 8 million dollar Gold Gym just entered my town. Everything is great about it except there really any place to do a corner row. But Anways my question is to anyone who has worked for Gold's Gym. Do they pay well and is it worth being a personal trainer. What can I expect. Keep in mind this Golds Gym is brand new in a pretty wealthy area and has plenty of shopping around it. Any advice would be appreciated.

gten79 said:
I live in Ohio and this 8 million dollar Gold Gym just entered my town. Everything is great about it except there really any place to do a corner row. But Anways my question is to anyone who has worked for Gold's Gym. Do they pay well and is it worth being a personal trainer. What can I expect. Keep in mind this Golds Gym is brand new in a pretty wealthy area and has plenty of shopping around it. Any advice would be appreciated.

a lot of golds outsource their PT, if this is the case and it is being done by beyond fitness, my best advice would be HELL NO!! they pay like shit. something like 12.00 an hr.

if it is in house, I have no idea what they pay.

It's all relative to how it is ran. I worked at my local golds all the way through college doing personal training and memberships and sales. My salary pay wasn't much but after getting paid extra for personal training and commission from membership sales it was ok. Just go speak with the owner or GM.

I recently got a job offer from Gold's. They were going to start me as a level 3 trainer (the highest level). I would be able to charge whatever I wanted (from 75-200 bucks per hour) and I would get 48% of whatever I charged. So basically, a minimum of about $35 per hour. That is here in San Antonio TX so I don't know if its the same way everywhere.

Like anything else, your gonna have to go in there and sell yourself. If you are a people person and you like to hustle, you can make a good penny.

Push come to shove and they pay shitty, learn all you can and get your experience so you can go out and make better money! Keep a positive outlook bro!

I worked at Golds...

I worked at Golds when I was in school. It was one of the funnest jobs I have ever had! You are not gonna make alot of money working for them, but you will make a ton of friends and a ton of great connections! start out there to learn the ins and outs of personal training. if you can move up to management/ membership sales. do that and train people thats how to make some decent coin. once you have a good client base and good experience go on your own! the clients you have and business/ friendship connections you have made will be priceless!!!!

As someone said, if the Gold's is a franchise and it outsources its PT, then youre going to raped on the percentages you owe the training company and wont make much.

If its a corporate Golds and has in house training, you get paid off percentages, something like 35, 40, 45% for level I, II, III trainers respectively. Different areas charge different prices, and at my gym we charge anywhere from $65-100+/hr.

Golds is very easy to work for if its corporate because the company is implementing systems to help sell. THe fitnes counselors will set you up often with orientations or members who have bought training with their memberships so youre not own your own like at other gyms.

joshbarnett said:
are you sure its $8 million? seems like a lot

No i have heard they start out PT's at a minimum of 8 mill a year also, i know it's not alot but hey what are you suppose to do right? :eek: :D

I'm not really a people person, but I love the gym and training others. I think I'm going to start asking around to see if I can get some more info. thanks guys.

By the way, the place took 8 million to build and furnish. If you guys saw it you would shit. Every piece of cardio equipment has its very own 17" LCD monitor with 70 cable channels. Its just amazing. :eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity