advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thinking Outside the Box (reebokrunner456's cutting cycle extraordinaire!)

reebokrunner456

Registered
As I prepare for my cutting cycle, (an activity that, thanks to some really shitty genetics, is literally one of the single most difficult things EVER in life), I can't help but shudder / feel alone as I embark upon such a physically painful journey… and definitely down a road less traveled; cuz, to my knowledge, my method of cutting is definitely not the norm…

Fact of the matter is, despite playing by the rules, (i.e. following, to the letter, the advice of famous/high profile nutritionists and/or bodybuilders/BB books), I'd flat out fail each and every time. Sometimes the shit would hit the fan from the get go, and other times it would take a few months; but inevitably, despite the most hardcore of efforts on my part, I would fail miserably sooner or later.

Since failure is not an option, it was time to fuck conventional wisdom (in more ways than one) and start succeeding, even if it meant breaking a few rules along the way. To date, my method has not let me down, (but I have to admit, I am definitely apprehensive as I prepare to embark upon my biggest cutting cycle since devising my method last summer).

The method/rules are quite simple:
  • Exercise: STOP all formal physical activity. Exercise ONLY if you are feeling up to it; and, if you choose to exercise, FORCE yourself to make it SUPER light… otherwise, it could sabotage the cutting cycle.
  • Diet: Diet is EVERYTHING, but the rules are very simple. For two weeks, (give or take, as you may need more or less time to reach your goals), consume 250-1250 calories per day of juice. In other words, undergo a two week juice fast. The timing each day is not important; you can drink the juice (calories) when you feel best; (for me, this is at night before bed). The quantity is also variable… as a 5'3" female, I'd need much less juice than a 200+ lb. male. The 'textbook perfect' quantity (for the AVERAGE sized person) is the equivalent of the juice of 8 oranges/day (~500 calories); but last summer, I ended up averaging just 4-5 oranges/day (~200-300 cals/day) and feeling excellent (for a fast!).
  • Supplements: Whatever the hell you need to feel energized, get quality sleep, and/or preserve muscle, etc.
I'm guessing many will flame me, but I really could care less… those who have read my posts over the years know that I have struggled INCREDIBLY to keep the weight off, and that NOTHING has worked long-term. Over the years, I've received PMs from other members who also experience EXTREME hunger and/or similar issues that make cutting/shedding fat nearly impossible; so I'm hoping this out of the box approach to cutting helps someone out there! :)

Are there concerns/drawbacks to my method? Hell yeah, (especially if you're a guy): it's a no brainer that some amount of muscle loss will be inevitable!!! However, with that being said, the bottom line is, if you've been given shitty genetics like I have when it comes to cutting and keeping the fat off, the potential muscle loss, I'd imagine, will hardly be a concern if you're able to shed fat like nobody's biz, (as I always do without fail on this method!).

I just posted up my cutting question. I'm the opposite of you, I'm so distracted I'm never hungry. And my diet is Assinine

With nothing but love, I believe your juice diet is nothing short of Assinine as well. Are you on any "chemicals"? I dieted as you described 30 years ago as a college wrestler. I had no clue and my coach's advice was "if you want to lose weight, you gotta be hungry". That was our diet plan. Although my workouts were intense. I made weight, but I looked terrible and felt worse.

Taking 10mg of Anavar and 1iu of GH would be more effective and in all likelihood healthier. At best your diet regime is going to result in a yo yo.

I wish you the best, but you need to go in a different, more traditional direction

Hey TC, more later cuz I've got to run right now. But very briefly:

First and foremost: I truly appreciate your suggestions and concerns! :)
However, as strange as it may sound, the fact of the matter is that this fasting method of weight/fat loss has actually STOPPED a ~15 year bout of yo-yo dieting. :cool:
And, as for chemical support… abso-fuckin-lutely!!! ;) (this go around it's peps + test, to name the 'big guns')
More later, gotta bounce!

However, as strange as it may sound, the fact of the matter is that this fasting method of weight/fat loss has actually STOPPED a ~15 year bout of yo-yo dieting. :cool:
And, as for chemical support… abso-fuckin-lutely!!! ;) (this go around it's peps + test, to name the 'big guns')

Besides this juicing thing, which I am not totally against. I would like to see your long term diet. If you are starving that much on a long term approach, chances are you are doing something wrong. I also notice your name, you don't think lots of running is going to help you lose weight? I don't see fat marathon runners. Weights will help in burning fat and maintaining muscle, why you want to not do is beyond me. The more muscle in your body, the better your metabolism is for burning fat. ;) I have seen lots that say things don't work, they all stem down to one thing. Their DIET is not as good as or their training programs, as they think long term. ;)

There's your problem right there, you keep trying the "new thing". Find something, stick with it, suck it up! The gyms are filled with people who give something a go, it doesn't work they exact way they want, so they try the next best thing until that fails for them. Don't blame your genetics, blame your half assed work ethic! My genetics suck, but if I'm carrying fat it's my own fault due to diet or lack of intense exercise. Good luck with your new fad, which won't work for you because you'll give up, so let us know about your next venture in a few weeks

^ Bro, I don't even know where to start with such a thoughtless, unintelligent post…

Half ass work ethic!?! LMFAO… you've clearly read none of my old posts or your would NOT have made such an assumption… my work ethic, the pain I've endured, and the things I can stuck up puts the 'suck it up' attitude of most guys to shame (likely yours included).

'Find something, stick with it, suck it up!' // 'Good luck with your new fad, which won't work for you because you'll give up, so let us know about your next venture in a few weeks'
Okay, forget about my old posts, apparently you didn't even take the time to capture the details of my post in this thread!
To date, my method has not let me down, (but I have to admit, I am definitely apprehensive as I prepare to embark upon my biggest cutting cycle since devising my method last summer).
If you can't make the connection: it's been almost a year AND it's still working (i.e. I'm well past the few weeks mark).

As for sticking with something and sucking it up, I am all for giving a reasonable approach/method a fair shot (i.e. several weeks to months). HOWEVER, with that being said (just like with very successfully business/industry) if you've given something a fair shot/ample time and it's still not working and/or you're seeing NO improvement, then there are situations such as these where you'd be a fool NOT to change your game plan. The smartest players can judge when to stay with the game plan and suck things up vs. when the better move is to jump ship/change the plan to be most successful.

As for blaming my genetics, my statement was pretty clear that my shitty genetics make cutting an extremely difficult task for ME (how the hell are you know/say what activities come easy vs. difficult for me, LOL!?!). I never used genetics as an excuse for not being successful; in fact, I thought I also made it clear that I've been quite successful:
Since failure is not an option, it was time to fuck conventional wisdom (in more ways than one) and start succeeding, even if it meant breaking a few rules along the way. To date, my method has not let me down, (but I have to admit, I am definitely apprehensive as I prepare to embark upon my biggest cutting cycle since devising my method last summer).

Also, I'm all for a positive attitude, (like the 'fuck genetics… I can succeed!' kind of mentality); however, NOT at the expense of denying reality. It's amazing how sometimes admitting/accepting your own weakness and imperfections can be key to overcoming them…

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws