over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

This Dude is pretty damn good for 43

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I have been working with Jan Norlund.. Hes a big boy standing 5'9" and 237lbs
on stage

Hes from Sweden but has competed in the states, having good success.... Taking the Super heavies at the NPC San Francisco this past year.

hes not a US. Citizen so he will not be doing a national show. But we are planning on showing up a one of the local shows..(i will keep you updated).

Things are going great.... and trust me, i have a feeling hes going to be in the winners circle again! I am excited in how things are going..

here is his contest history. Im kind of honored to work with this guy!

shows so far :

1st: a DM-Bergslagsmästerskapen 1988(-90kg)
4th: a Svealandsmästerskapen 1989 (+90kg)
2nd: a Svealandsmästerskapen 1991 (+90kg)
7th: a SM (Swedish championships)1991 (+90kg)
2nd :a Svealandsmästerskapen 1993 (+90kg)
8th :a SM 1993(+90kg)
9th : a SM 1995 (+90kg)
2nd :a Svealandsmästerskapen 1996 (+90kg)
3rd :a SM 1996
5th :e Scandinavian Grand Prix 1996) (+90kg)
7th :a SM 1997 (+90kg)
3rd :a NM 1999
(2:a EM-kval) (+90kg)
1st :a Prag Cup Chech republic 1999 (+90k g)
1st a SM 2000 (+90kg)
2nd :a NM (Nordic Championships)2000 (+100kg)
1st :a SM 2001 (+90kg)
2nd :a NM 2001 (+90kg)
2nd :a B&K Oslo Open 2003 (+100kg) bäste posör
2nd :a Nutrition Outlet Grand Prix 2003 (+100kg) 4:a overall
3rd :a International Grand Prix i Larvik 2003, Norge (+100kg)
3rd :a Nutrition Outlet GP 2004 (+100kg) 5:a overall
2nd: a International GP 2004 (+100kg), bäste posör
3rd: a Nordiska Mästerskapen 2004 (+100kg)
5th: a Nutrition Outlet Grand Prix 2005 (pro cualifier)(+95kg)
2nd: a Body Oslo Grand Prix 2005 (+95kg)
3rd a Body Grand Prix 2005
6:a NABBA EM(European championships) Germany 2005
1st :a SM Couples 2006
1st :a SM veteraner 2006 (+80kg)
3rd :a SM seniorer 2006 (+100kg)
3rd :a IGP Larvik Classics 2006 (+95kg)
2nd :a Nordiska Mästerskapen 2006 (+100kg)
1st :a IFBB Nationals I-Mixed Pairs 2007
5th :a Belgian International Fed Cup (pro qualifier) 2007
2nd :a SM seniorer 2008 (+100kg)
1st: a SM veteraner 2008 (+80kg)
1st :a SM par 2008
1st :a SuperHeavyweight NPC San Francisco 2008
1st :a Master NPC San Francisco 2008 (+40year)
1st :a mixed pairs Belgien International Fed Cup 2008
5th :a Belgien Master International 2008
8th :a Belgien International Fed Cup (pro cualifier) 2008

Attachments

• jan front and back.jpg
    jan front and back.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited:
He has a great back and overall shape, great legs too. Looks like he could use some size on his triceps to balance his arms out and make them look bigger overall. I can't wait to see what you do with him.

WOW HOLY SHIT ALEX! he looks DAMN GOOD!!!:eek:

thanks and hes a way cool guy, his wife is a great bodybuilder too ... but he is not perfect.. he knows it, we are making a good team because he has an open mind to suggestions and has incorporated my style of off season training( staying lean and harder) .. he is looking solid!

I met him at the NPC San Fran and thought that he had the most potential there even though he just won the super heavyweight class...

His condition needs to be better.. more size in the tris and shoulders too. but he has good legs.. i think his back can be wider.. but like i said.. hes good.. hes no kid either.. thanks again.

His back shot looks damn good.

Competing since 1988... wow that's quite a history.

Thats a GREAT back shot. Like you said, improve the arms and shoulders and he'll look really good.

Seeing these older guys continue to get better just motivates me more.

thanks guys, I would not be posting about any dude who hired me for help for his show, especially a non member of PM. but i felt hes the exception.

this guy is very experienced, knowledgeable and respected in the international bbing community.

In his country of Sweden he is a well known bber. And his wife is hard core as can be! This guy has been at it...... a long long time and he is doing quite well..

As for experience, this guy crushes me.

I have not missed a year of competition in 8 years, big deal compared to this dudes record.

Anyways.. Im thrilled hes having me do his prep and plan for this years shows.

Im getting older, i hope i can keep getting better!

Last edited:
He looks great! 43? Impressive! Please do me a favor, don't put him in any master's shows I am doing.:D:D

Wow that guy is competing in a lot off shows every year!!!!

JK.

Alex,

Can you give us more info on him..How he trains, diet, ect, ect...curious to know how he has done things in the past....

Very impressive, very dense look, back has tons of detail ...

chris

Alex,

Can you give us more info on him..How he trains, diet, ect, ect...curious to know how he has done things in the past....

Very impressive, very dense look, back has tons of detail ...

chris

Thanks for your post and the questions Chris..... and everyone...

Im really kind of proud of this guy.. I met him at the NPC San Francisco Last year.. he took the super heavy class but ironically lost the overall to the

Bantam weight!

Im not sure a bantam has won an overall at a national qualifier in some time now..

but it was crazy.. The bantam was just conditioned, dry and complete and this guy should not have lost to him.

Anyways.. let me cut to the chase....

We connected about doing some off season conditioning work and then a contest for next year..

His current training was a low volume, no cardio, high fat, low carb, mod protein type plan...(off season)

For him to get back to me about contest prep and doing some off season work, he must not have been too happy with the approach his was using.

what had happened was he always seemed to lose a ton of muscle and fullness because he would have to drop so much weight during his prep for his next show.. It was like a yo yo with him.

My plan has been to re work the diet to a high protein, moderate carb , low fat and some off season cardio and conditioning..

More volume in his training and get his off season weight closer to his contest weight. He is very happy because his energy is up, more intensity in his lifts and never looked this good off season. We have a show mapped out for this year.

I wasnt planning on posting much more than a shot before the show or after. MD will be covering the show..

He will be 44 at his next contest..

Alex,

how much more volume in his training ? Just curious as to know what you have done to change up his training ...

thank you

chris

Thanks for your post and the questions Chris..... and everyone...

Im really kind of proud of this guy.. I met him at the NPC San Francisco Last year.. he took the super heavy class but ironically lost the overall to the

Bantam weight!

Im not sure a bantam has won an overall at a national qualifier in some time now..

but it was crazy.. The bantam was just conditioned, dry and complete and this guy should not have lost to him.

Anyways.. let me cut to the chase....

We connected about doing some off season conditioning work and then a contest for next year..

His current training was a low volume, no cardio, high fat, low carb, mod protein type plan...(off season)

For him to get back to me about contest prep and doing some off season work, he must not have been too happy with the approach his was using.

what had happened was he always seemed to lose a ton of muscle and fullness because he would have to drop so much weight during his prep for his next show.. It was like a yo yo with him.

My plan has been to re work the diet to a high protein, moderate carb , low fat and some off season cardio and conditioning..

More volume in his training and get his off season weight closer to his contest weight. He is very happy because his energy is up, more intensity in his lifts and never looked this good off season. We have a show mapped out for this year.

I wasnt planning on posting much more than a shot before the show or after. MD will be covering the show..

He will be 44 at his next contest..

Alex,

how much more volume in his training ? Just curious as to know what you have done to change up his training ...

thank you

chris

I trained with Lee Priest for a season ( 6months).. We worked out daily.. I was the lucky training partner.. and i like his approach.. lots of intense sets in relatively short period of time.

I think that plan works best for me.. Nothing set in stone.. except exhaust the muscle...

This sounds vague..but i tend to advocate a high volume, short rest period, all out asult style training..

I trained with Lee Priest for a season ( 6months).. We worked out daily.. I was the lucky training partner.. and i like his approach.. lots of intense sets in relatively short period of time.

I think that plan works best for me.. Nothing set in stone.. except exhaust the muscle...

This sounds vague..but i tend to advocate a high volume, short rest period, all out asult style training..

thats what im trying out right now

Gawd I am 40 and he is 43! Damn! Wish I look like that as I get older!
He looks thick and dense. Great job Alex...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws