over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

This is a serious post... protein farts

dirtydoza

Newbies
I swear this is a serious post I am sincerely looking for some help.

I'm currently doing a low dose cycle, seeing great results. I'm 6ft 210 and 9% bf... I was hitting 300 grams of protein a day with moderate amount of gas but recently I've been pushing the protein to 350-400 grams per day, everything else is the same minus more lean protein sources.

My main protein sources are whey isolate, which I believe I tolerate pretty well 30-60 grams a day. Egg whites, which I think might be the issue... my farts kinda smell like egg whites. bumped my typical 50 grams a day up to 100 grams a day, its just such a filling high quality protein source, I love egg whites. Other lean meats which get cycled in and out.. salmon, chicken breasts, ground turkey... I also believe I tolerate these pretty well.

I recently have been passing gas... non stop pretty much all day. Its comical but sometimes can be a little embarrassing and inconvenient. Thank god my GF is somewhat cool about it because other girls would have dumped me for this.

Have y'all had any success with supplements for gas? maybe adding enzymes to help break down the additional protein? Maybe I increased my protein intake too quickly and my body hasn't had time to adapt?

Any and all advice on the topic would be appreciate.

Honestly, I’d just cut back proteins to 315g and only increase as your weight increases.
Also if you are not using whey isolate that might help reduce the gas

Either moderate amounts or source to see what happens. I ate up to 350 grams regularly for over 20 years without problems. 1 meal red meat, 1 whey protein, 1 egg and the rest usually chicken without fart issues. But i ate pretty healthy along with pre/pro biotics from natural sources.

My 2 cents: I know from experience,

1st issue is egg whites. I had to completely remove store bought carton egg whites from my liquid diet (drank from the carton). I still put raw eggs (usually 3) into every shake, part water and unsweetened Almond milk

2nd issue, you probably need to clean out your lower intestinal track. Especially if you're force feeding (timed) meals. I do this by fasting for a week or so, removing all solid (red, chicken, turkey) meats, only eating fish and whey for your protein.

3rd issue: like everyone, you probably are experiencing a food allergy. Egg whites are culprit, as well as some of your carbohydrate sources

From what I remember reading ~consuming both protein and carbs in one meal can cause gastrointestinal issues, as each requires a different stomach acid profile for each (protein and carb)

The irony of this post.
I’ve really been ramping up my ground turkey, along with eggs in the morning.
My wife gets furious every time I crack one..she’s gotten to the point where she asks me to go outside to fart because it lingers for so long.
She compares my fart smell to someone dying while taking a shit in a porter and then tipping it over. 😂😂

Just switch your protein sources around to something that you can digest well and causes no gas or bloating. It took me awhile with trial/error but I replaced all my protein sources with ones I could digest , it has really made a difference. Very rarely do I fart now unless I junk foods

Most likely the egg whites. 100g protein from egg whites would be hard to digest for most.

Make sure your whey is highly filtered isolate. True nutrition microfiltrated, dynamatize iso 100 good.

Also beef protein isolate is very easy on the stomach.

Remove any high fodmaps veggies. Betaine HCL with Pepsin works well, but most don’t dose it high enough. 1.5-2g prior to whole protein meals.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws