over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

This is where bodybuilding has evolved

Well fuck , so I have to actually lift weights at the gym!!? Son of a bitch and here I though I just upped the juice.:rolleyes:

I still train heavy and have for over 20 years (back in highschool) their have been times I went much lighter to recover or work around a injury and to be honest I thing as long as yu are traing with max intensity and progressively over loading the muscle weathe its with weight or volume the muscle will grow to adapt to the increased work load.

I feel training is like diet , you need to find what works for you.

I always love your posts tr but I kinda disagree with you here..

The absolute best guys know when to go heavy, know when to go light, all for the sake of staying healthy and injury free.

Of course the best of the best will still be taking ALOT of risks by training heavy but this will come along with training as intelligently as absolutely possible... Intelligence is the number one key to success here..

It never comes down to one extreme over the other as the best method, it's a combination that will always equal the most INTELLIGENT training which will always create the best physique possible for that certain individual. How do we know what is the best method for us as individuals? Striving to learn to the point of absolute obsession exactly how our individual bodies respond to certain stimuli and exactly what our individual bodies can handle.

The absolute best example that comes to my mind?

John Meadows with MD training. Absolute genius at creating the most efficient and effective training system which incorporates insane heavy weights as well as miniscule amounts of weight to which he has created one of the most filled out yet lean physiques for his own personal frame that is humanly possible.

"Best amateur bodybuilder" (hopefully the amateur part will no longer apply in just a few hrs...)

**broken link removed**

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Goodness, John looks ridiculous. I hope he gets that pro card.

The absolute best guys know when to go heavy, know when to go light, all for the sake of staying healthy and injury free.

Of course the best of the best will still be taking ALOT of risks by training heavy but this will come along with training as intelligently as absolutely possible... Intelligence is the number one key to success here..

It never comes down to one extreme over the other as the best method, it's a combination that will always equal the most INTELLIGENT training which will always create the best physique possible for that certain individual. How do we know what is the best method for us as individuals? Striving to learn to the point of absolute obsession exactly how our individual bodies respond to certain stimuli and exactly what our individual bodies can handle.

John Meadows with MD training. Absolute genius at creating the most efficient and effective training system which incorporates insane heavy weights as well as miniscule amounts of weight to which he has created one of the most filled out yet lean physiques for his own personal frame that is humanly possible.

"Best amateur bodybuilder" (hopefully the amateur part will no longer apply in just a few hrs...)

**broken link removed**

Amen to this.
I have been training for nearly 30 years, competing for 20 and finding John Meadowd breathed new life into my training. I used powerlifting when I was younger and have had a pec surgically reattached , full shoulder recon, torn bicep, crushed discs in my spine and many more but with John's training style I am having the best workouts of my life at 46 yo.
I also cook all my meals (with a few free ones on Sundays), get out of bed at 3:45 to train at 04:30 and when I train I break my balls.
Hard work is alive and well.

Oh, and more importantly, a big shout to the main man, JM.

Most of those big guys people mentioned nobody other than hardcore fans wants to look like them.

Does anyone think Ronnie Coleman or Dorian Yates actually looked GOOD? To me those guys were more like fat weight lifters.

There seems to be two distinct camps when it comes to bodybuilding, those who are trying to be as big as possible and those who try to have a good physique.

Not only that but has anyone noticed how bad the heavy steroid users look after a few years, the deep lines, etc.

1) hgh is the secret

2) hgh + slin = mass monster

3) train for a good pump

4) eat dont force feed.

bodybuilding is and always will be 'simple'. If in doubt pop a dbol.

Does anyone think Ronnie Coleman or Dorian Yates actually looked GOOD? To me those guys were more like fat weight lifters.

Yes. Many on a forum called ProMuscle think that those two are among the best physiques in the sport. Arguably the best physiques of the 90's era bodybuilders.

Anymore bright thoughts?

**broken link removed**

Am I seeing things or does John have a "Wolverine" beard? That's awesome!

Most of those big guys people mentioned nobody other than hardcore fans wants to look like them.

There seems to be two distinct camps when it comes to bodybuilding, those who are trying to be as big as possible and those who try to have a good physique.

Not only that but has anyone noticed how bad the heavy steroid users look after a few years, the deep lines, etc.

Well that was an exceptionally silly comment...:rolleyes:

I think you need to lift heavy when younger and starting out...then as you get older you lighten up the load a little. But still lift heavy... I think it takes years in the gym to know how to lift in 12-20 rep ranges...you should still be moving some weight but protecting your joints.

I stoped lifting heavy once I tore my rotater cuff, labrum, and bicep tenden.lifting heavy gave me a great base.but now is a thing of the past for me now.at least if I want to keep lifting and going to work lol.

I'm sorry to be that guy, but it's genetics period. No matter how much weight and how intensely you train.

Last edited:

You think dorian looked fat? Silliest post ive seen.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I meant they are so big they have no asthetics, in clothes they look like fat pregnant men.

They are trying to lift the most weight they can so in that way they remind me of fat powerlifters who look shitty and no one thinks they lift only with more veins.

OK all the parts are the right size in relation but there's a limit to what the human body can carry and still look good. Part of looking good is looking human and functional.

There is a certain point where all that muscle gets in your way and decreases your survivability and that is where it looks ridiculous.

You have someone who is full of muscles but is out of breath tying his shoes, has a bloated face full of wrinkles and a gut.

I don't think most of these bodybuilders think they will end up this way or they think it is just temporary but one day you see a picture of yourself and you are like "is this really what I look like?".

I think the 80s were the last time that any normal man actually wanted to look like one of the Olympia contenders.

Last edited:
I meant they are so big they have no asthetics, in clothes they look like fat pregnant men.

They are trying to lift the most weight they can so in that way they remind me of fat powerlifters who look shitty and no one thinks they lift only with more veins.

OK all the parts are the right size in relation but there's a limit to what the human body can carry and still look good.

Part of looking good is looking human and functional.

There is a certain point where all that muscle gets in your way and decreases your survivability and that is where it looks ridiculous.

You have someone who is full of muscles but is out of breath tying his shoes, has a bloated face full of wrinkles and a gut.

Does anyone want to look this way?

I think the 80s were the last time that any normal man actually wanted to look like one of the Olympia contenders.

Re-tarT-ed

Truth hurts I guess.

I agree with some of the points in your post. If you ask women what types of physique they find most appealing their answer is usually lean muscle and symmetry. Most feel the bloated, puffy bodybuilder looks like a "monster" and is unattractive.

In the off season some of these mass monsters bloat up to 300lbs. They look like freaks and that much weight is unhealthy for the body. I want to look good with both my shirt on and off.

I agree with some of the points in your post. If you ask women what types of physique they find most appealing their answer is usually lean muscle and symmetry. Most feel the bloated, puffy bodybuilder looks like a "monster" and is unattractive.

In the off season some of these mass monsters bloat up to 300lbs. They look like freaks and that much weight is unhealthy for the body. I want to look good with both my shirt on and off.

This is bodybuilding, not male modeling. If you care that much about looking good for the bitches just stop eating.

1 - you have to take as much drugs as you can and afford to be be the best you can

Iam now on TRT for life at the age of 41,not my choice, my bodys choice, here in the UK we now have the choice of gels, 1 shot of Sustanon every 4 weeks or 1 shot of Nebido every 12th week, my Endo has me on Nebido which seems to suit me. I am by no means a mas monster but at 5ft 10 and 200lbs in condition i can just about hang in the over 40s class on nothing more that 20mg of Tren A EOD and maybe 50mg of Proviron daily for the last few weeks before a show! I also dose CJC and GHRP at 100/100 twice daily all year round.

2 - you have to cheat on a diet, because this speeds up metabolsim and has thermic effect

My diet is fairly tight all year round as im not looking to put on a shit load of weight at this point in my life but i do enjoy my refeeds on a saturday whether off season or show season :D

3 - you have to train with light weights to pump the blood into the muscle, because, pumping the blood into the muscle is more important than progressive overload

I have 2 main exercises for each muscle group which still to this day rely on progressive overload (even with my CFS and Fybromyelgia which gives me tons of aches and pains) then i will have a single exercise which is a stretching/pumping isolation exercise to flood the muscle with blood and tear the shit out of it!!!

Ive now been training 20+ years with only 2 years off due to illness (my CFS) which taught me alot about my body, my health, my boundries, my life and whats important to me (my home life, kids and wife and health) and which risks outway any benefits.

I see a ton of young guys coming up in this sport sacrificing everything! and for what?they sure as hell aint gonna be top 5 in the world and making and ca$$$$h out of the sport? :rolleyes:

OK all the parts are the right size in relation but there's a limit to what the human body can carry and still look good. Part of looking good is looking human and functional.

I don't think most of these bodybuilders think they will end up this way or they think it is just temporary but one day you see a picture of yourself and you are like "is this really what I look like?".

i`m with you on this bro, the most aesthetic physique were not trained so heavy... look at phil heat, flex, shawn ray and lee priest.. they trained heavy but in the smart way.. ronnie coleman looks more like a powerlifter to me.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131