over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

those of you who deny usage

if youre keeping things from your wife or long time girlfriend then theres a trust issue somewhere and that doesnt bode well for the relationship.

for anyone else who asks tell them to mind their own business. Its a human nature thing that people will talk anyway and have their own opinions of what youre on or not on and you dont have to justify yourself to them.

People always think like that. Not just with supplements. When people see me eating a large amount of food they say "Wellll, must be nice to be a young man and be able to eat whatever you want and stay in shape!" or something of that nature.

It's like uhhhh. No. I'm eating this because I did an hour of grueling fasted cardio this morning and I'm going to lift weights later on. I was fat when I was even younger than I am now. It has nothing to do with that. I'm not fat now because I work out and count calories. Asshole.

It's pretty rude when they are so dismissive of your efforts.

I feel the same way. I always feel like if you take a step back, fatty, and do what I did you'll be able to enjoy it.

I got a long way to go. I don't talk about any of this stuff really with my girlfriend, or anyone for that matter. I don't use steroids, but I live a healthy lifestyle. I figure I'll get where I get with continous progress, and my body will speak for itself. I'm 19, I got time to show people otherwise.

since 99.5% of the population thinks you get huge automatically with steroids and don't have to work hard, I feel the need to deny it so that people don't think I'm a slacker who takes the easy way out.

if in a serious relationship...

you gotta be honest.
just don't use scary words like "steroids" call them "hormones"
for some reason that is usually received better:rolleyes:

like TENNY said, my wife knows everything i do.
before she was my wife i never volunteered information but if they ask i don't think its wise to lie.
-JS

Just tell them you're running over the counter PH's and other supps with tons of protein. That will work.

Definitely keep it real with my wife, as for anyone else I tell them how much I eat, because that alone is usually foreign to them.

Unless it's your wife, deny, deny, deny. Don't worry about feeling like you are calling them stupid, it's none of their business. Even your girlfriend, she's just yours right now, when you piss her off it will be the first thing she tells people.

Am the only one here that doesn't go through this?

my gf, training partner, and best friend knows... 2 out of those 3 are on as well.

I avoid the question or i tell them i just have much better genetics than they do

thanks guys always good to hear different opinions

I've never asked anyone what they're on or what they take even if it's obvious
they're doing more than just eating a lot. I've had people ask me before what I'm on (still all natty by the way - won some DVDs from gear depot but haven't had a chance to view - work issues,issues w wife & kids, & had to get a tooth fixed - if I get through Christmas I'll start in Jan) but I'm clean and think they're assholes for asking my business so fuck them anyway.

I could never lie to a girlfriend and hide something like that. In fact, if I felt like I had to hide it, she wouldn't be my girlfriend. Part of a relationship is understanding and respecting people's lifestyle choices.

I could never lie to a girlfriend and hide something like that. In fact, if I felt like I had to hide it, she wouldn't be my girlfriend. Part of a relationship is understanding and respecting people's lifestyle choices.

Bingo! This is me, this is what I do, take it or leave it...

I agree with Amazon and Maldorf.

Im amazed at how many people ask when they already have the answer in their head!

Yeah, its almost as if they want to try and humilate or embarass you. Some are probably genuinely unsure but I am willing to bet most are just trying to stir up trouble.

Yeah, its almost as if they want to try and humilate or embarass you. Some are probably genuinely unsure but I am willing to bet most are just trying to stir up trouble.

I agree. Probably not a good idea to stir up trouble with someone who has a test level 10-15 times than that of a normal person!!!

I had one of the neighborhood moms ask me at a part this past weekend if I was always natural. Of course it was in front of about 6 other people. I said fuck it because im not using anymore and just told them the truth. I guess Im more willing now to let it all hang out.

I'm lucky!!

My girl knows I'm on "Hormone Therapy" :rolleyes: and she doesn't ask any questions beyond that.

exactly !!! I was always a big guy 300+lbs for about 13 years and not overly fat (just well insulated:p)
Now that i've cut down to the 260=270 range i look much bigger and everybody automaticly say "your on steroids" then those that have known me state that i've "shrunk"

I'll deney it to the end , it was assumed that i was on it long before i ever did it so i figured what the hell if i'm gonna be accussed may as well see more from my efforts

The general populus thinks that steroids automaticly make you big and ripped
I love the well insulated. diffenly no how that feels. been thier

gotta hide it from my girlfriend. she doesnt unerstand it at all, thinks its dangerous and could have long term health effects (she may be partially correct lol.)

open about it with my friends who lift. most of them use something in some way or another....

My usual reply:

"Yeah I used to take hormones (no mention of "steroids" as JS outlined ;)) a long time ago when I competed, but it's pointless now that I lift for fun and just wanna stay in good shape... AND ABOVE ALL HEALTHY. You know, as I get older, I don't wanna take any chances with my heart... I'm retired now, there's so much more to life than BB! And btw I was much bigger before... BUT THANKS, I TAKE THE FACT YOU THINK I'M ON AS A COMPLIMENT!"

It usually works well. :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner