over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those of you who get sick often/have a weak immune system

palifter21

Registered
How have you been able to remedy this, if at all? I take all the generic "immune boosting" supps- zinc, multi, vit c, probiotic etc. to no avail. I also get adequate sleep.

I've been getting colds every 2-3 weeks like clockwork. It's making this offseason less than ideal to say the least. Any tips or input are more than welcome!

Glutamine intra workout helped me immensely... Might sound stupid but I'm dead serious. I don't think it does jack shit for muscle recovery (or noticeable) but its great for gut health...and our immune system is based in gut.

I used to get a cold if I trained hard for a month and now I get one or two per year max and they are mild.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I take 10,000 IU of vitamin D3 every day. Sounds excessive but have D level checked by blood test every year and am at the high end of normal. Keeps me healthy.

I used to get sick often .i staring using kratom about 18 months ago and have not been sick ,not even a cold .there are alkaloid in the kratom that boost the immune system .

I second the glutamine comment, it plays a major role in our immune system.

Raw unfiltered honey does wonders for me, I take a teaspoon every day. I get it from a local farm. Helps a lot with allergies as well

Glutamine intra workout helped me immensely... Might sound stupid but I'm dead serious. I don't think it does jack shit for muscle recovery (or noticeable) but its great for gut health...and our immune system is based in gut.

I used to get a cold if I trained hard for a month and now I get one or two per year max and they are mild.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What dosage?

What dosage?

Studies have shown a very high tolerance towards high glutamine intake without any I'll side effect or GI distress. I'm talking 20-40g per day range, or .5g -.7g per kg of bodyweight have been used for brief periods of time. Start around 10g daily, split the dose up if desired, 5g twice per day.

I second the vitamin D3 advice, 1000 IU per every 25-30 lbs of bodyweight. It would be nice to have a baseline 25- Hydroxy level, if so, take a look at your most recent lab work and see if available. Ideally you want your level somewhere between 70 ng/mL - 90 ng/mL, no greater than 100 ng/mL.

If you do have an up to date lab value, or are currently and have been supplementing with vitamin D3, an additional 1000 IU added to your current regimen will add somewhere between 7-10 ng/mL. In order to obtain a value within the desired therapeutic range (70-90 ng/mL) adjust as needed and remain at this dose until next lab work is drawn. There have been very, very, few cases where a patient has had to reduce their vitamin D3 regimen due to elevated, out of range levels. Also, take this fat soluble vitamin with a meal containing a sufficient amount of dietary fat.

**I cringed when typing "fat soluble vitamin", the word "vitamin" should not be correlated with this HORMONE at all. Vitamin D also acts as an epigenetic regulator which if wanting to learn about the importance of the epigenome, cancer prevention and improvement of ones overall health and function, gene expression is a great subject to research.

I started back on immuglobin shots from my doc twice a month. Love the stuff. Keeps me healthy.

I used to get sick often .i staring using kratom about 18 months ago and have not been sick ,not even a cold .there are alkaloid in the kratom that boost the immune system .

I used to get sick at least twice per winter. Been using small Kratom dose since the summer (started out using more but lowered it) and have not gotten sick. Last week my throat was a little sore I could have sworn I was going to get a full blown cold or worse, but I fought it off and never got full blown sick, in years past I would have had a cold for 3 days.

I was just taking it for sleep/well being but JJ mentioned it worked wonders for his immune system so i just kept the low dose going, and it worked.

I've heard of this. How much does that run you and how'd you get the doc on board?

Antibody studies, proven low immunoglobulin and deficient antibody production, a lot of back and forth until a steady regimen will be developed. I would address your vitamin D first.

You mention colds every 2-3 weeks, have you tossed out your tooth brush and/or other potential vectors of transmission?

See this frequently with patients who present every few weeks to months with upper respiratory, viral type illness

I've heard of this. How much does that run you and how'd you get the doc on board?

The doc is a younger guy. Late 30's who trained with a old doctor who was big on them. So I was getting sick regularly with bronchittus. He started me on those and I didnt get sick anymore. I have really bad allergies. I also have a bit of asthma, so when I get a cold, if it drops into my lungs, It turns into brongchtittus every time. I would get it 2 to 3 times a year, and took along time to get over. I just pay my copay when I go in. He will let me buy it and give it to myself, but my insurance wont cover it that way and its about 300 for 10 ccs of it. He uses it on alot of his patients.

Been taking 10k vitamin d daily and bloods showed range in the 60's only. What gives?

Studies have shown a very high tolerance towards high glutamine intake without any I'll side effect or GI distress. I'm talking 20-40g per day range, or .5g -.7g per kg of bodyweight have been used for brief periods of time. Start around 10g daily, split the dose up if desired, 5g twice per day.

I second the vitamin D3 advice, 1000 IU per every 25-30 lbs of bodyweight. It would be nice to have a baseline 25- Hydroxy level, if so, take a look at your most recent lab work and see if available. Ideally you want your level somewhere between 70 ng/mL - 90 ng/mL, no greater than 100 ng/mL.

If you do have an up to date lab value, or are currently and have been supplementing with vitamin D3, an additional 1000 IU added to your current regimen will add somewhere between 7-10 ng/mL. In order to obtain a value within the desired therapeutic range (70-90 ng/mL) adjust as needed and remain at this dose until next lab work is drawn. There have been very, very, few cases where a patient has had to reduce their vitamin D3 regimen due to elevated, out of range levels. Also, take this fat soluble vitamin with a meal containing a sufficient amount of dietary fat.

**I cringed when typing "fat soluble vitamin", the word "vitamin" should not be correlated with this HORMONE at all. Vitamin D also acts as an epigenetic regulator which if wanting to learn about the importance of the epigenome, cancer prevention and improvement of ones overall health and function, gene expression is a great subject to research.

Is there a brand of D3 that you think is good? I always hear about how most vitamins dont work because they are not made properly. I have been using Vitajym recently as its supposed to be very good, but i wouldnt mind adding come D3 to the mix

The doc is a younger guy. Late 30's who trained with a old doctor who was big on them. So I was getting sick regularly with bronchittus. He started me on those and I didnt get sick anymore. I have really bad allergies. I also have a bit of asthma, so when I get a cold, if it drops into my lungs, It turns into brongchtittus every time. I would get it 2 to 3 times a year, and took along time to get over. I just pay my copay when I go in. He will let me buy it and give it to myself, but my insurance wont cover it that way and its about 300 for 10 ccs of it. He uses it on alot of his patients.

never heard of that.

but...

nac will fix bronchitis for real and its pennys to use...

nac is fucking awesome for lung issues, one of the few real cures in this case...

Is there a brand of D3 that you think is good? I always hear about how most vitamins dont work because they are not made properly. I have been using Vitajym recently as its supposed to be very good, but i wouldnt mind adding come D3 to the mix

be sure to be taking solid dose of mg...

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws