advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those of you who have had to quit due to health problems...

jackedrabbit

Registered
I've come across a thread here and there on the forums where someone posts about a near death experience and stops AAS/bodybuilding all together. I've heard these stories in real life too - liver failure, liver cysts, guys who suffer a stroke at 29, etc...

It's almost too "common" for my liking, and every time I happen upon one of these misfortunate tales, it makes me think: "IS THIS WORTH IT?".

My question here I guess is, for those of you who have had health problems or know someone who has... were there signs? Symptoms even? Any clues leading up to the health event?

For example, I know a kid who did PH's straight for a year and developed jaundice. Any further and he probably would have had liver failure. Luckily, he recovered and no longer uses.

My gf is a doctor and I was talking to her about strokes and heart attacks mainly, and things like cancer, liver cysts, etc.. and she basically told me that before you just drop dead or have some traumatic event you'd probably see some signs that will tell you something is wrong...

I dunno about that. I mean, she is a doctor, but still... I somehow think things can "just happen"...

I'm just rambling now, but hoping I can find some people here to know where I'm coming from and can share.

I'm a liver transplant patient and health is number one to me now. I would say that half of members, especially the vets know my story so I do not want to write a 10 page paper on the events that led to my transplant. I'm just glad to still be alive today and care more about my health and family and bbing to me is something I still enjoy but I will never put my health at risk like I did in the past. Seeing my parents cry when I was waiting for my tranplant, almost dead and barely cognizant because I almost bled internally from my ruptured edenoma changed my outlook on life. Life is good when health is good and there are people around you to share your love and experiences with. Face it, bbing at it's core is a very selfish hobby/sport/career(for those who are blessed with genetics) and you have to put yourself first and put everything else on the back burner. I'm blessed that I have my fiancee and family to support me and would never trade it for anything in the world.

there are not many signs a person is sick until its to late, especially with the type of treatment based care we have. Nobody focuses on preventive medicine. Your gf is a dr... sorry but she came out of the same schools as every other doc which are sponsored by big pharma. Ask her how much time was spent on anatomy vs pharmacology. If you get jaundice, your lucky!

I developed cardiomyopathy, as have others on this board, while taking steroids and for me the symptom was being out of breath doing simple things like just mowing the lawn or going up the stairs. One weekend I helped someone move and I felt like I was going to collapse. Too many guys you see, including a lot of the pros on video, are out of breath just walking over to the dumbells. Just doing dumbbell curls would get me winded, and it comes on very slowly over many many months as your cardiac function slowly declines. EJection fraction. BP may be high during this time too.
When that happened to me I went of everything because my EF was down to about 30%, normal is about 55%, and within about 10-11 months I was back to normal.
What did I do though? I went back on everything and then about 8 yrs later I had the blood clot. When I had the clot the only warning signs I had was really high hematocrit. Do your blood work. I was stubborn and insisted on cruising instead of getting off, and my cruise was about 350 mg/wk.

I think BP, blood work, and how fit cardiowise you are is very important. If you wake up in the morning and lying in bed your heart rate is 100 BPM or more something is wrong.

Developed panic disorder after 2 far, tren cycles. Never been he same. Medicated now with ssris and I am good with try. Just can't dabble in the goofies. Even tried the SARm Ostarine and anxiety peaked.

not to be a dick,but why not just keep your test levels above when you were 20 years old,250mg/week,and still get slow steady gains.why all the multiple compounds.

So you guys think TRT doses (100 or so a week) for life will cause issues? What about low dose GH (2iu a day or so)?

So you guys think TRT doses (100 or so a week) for life will cause issues? What about low dose GH (2iu a day or so)?

im 52 i run 250mg/week divided in daily doses,plus 2iu of gh a day,i get my 6 monh physical and i feel great.this is self prescribed.

not to be a dick,but why not just keep your test levels above when you were 20 years old,250mg/week,and still get slow steady gains.why all the multiple compounds.

You're on a hardcore bodybuilding forum, the answer should be clear :rolleyes:

But I do like to advocate lower doses.

I'm 25 and make gains on 150 mg. My next blast will be 100 mg prop and 350 mg masteron. I expect to be able to get pretty lean with that.

I don't want to go too far off topic here but sometimes I dont think it takes a life altering problem to make you change your thoughts on AAS and training.
I finally come to the realisation about a year ago. Probably a little wiser than I once was. I'm only 32 though. I've never taken doses over a gram but I am a little more cautious about how I go about my supplement regime. I aim to have longevity in this sport even though I never intend on competing, it's more of a lifestyle to me. I am a little more methodical in my approach.

There are millions of people suffering illness... also being young in their 20's with heart attacks... organ transplants etc... nothing to me so far points to anything but genetic or some abuses (alcohol, banned drugs etc)... not ACTUALLY CAUSED by AAS.

Speaking to a sports Dr he agreed yeah AAS can be tough on the liver but so is slopping down tons of meat and protein.

There are millions of people suffering illness... also being young in their 20's with heart attacks... organ transplants etc... nothing to me so far points to anything but genetic or some abuses (alcohol, banned drugs etc)... not ACTUALLY CAUSED by AAS.

Speaking to a sports Dr he agreed yeah AAS can be tough on the liver but so is slopping down tons of meat and protein.

Having high hormone levels can cause the development of edenomas in the liver which can rupture or turn malignant so yes, AAS abuse can directly cause serious complications or even death. Read up on it.

Last edited:
Good thread.

I decided to stop after I kept failing in the bedroom.

I am on 80mgs test a week only. I do cardio 4 or 5 times a week and two light weight lifting workouts/wk.

I went from 250+ to 230lbs and I'm feeling a lot better.

My resting heart rate went from over 100 into the low 80s after a couple of weeks of cardio.

there are not many signs a person is sick until its to late, especially with the type of treatment based care we have. Nobody focuses on preventive medicine. Your gf is a dr... sorry but she came out of the same schools as every other doc which are sponsored by big pharma. Ask her how much time was spent on anatomy vs pharmacology. If you get jaundice, your lucky!

I have a friend who had kidney failure at age 29, he had many other health related problems before that and now he just wish today is not his last day in this world...
He had abused gear VERY heavily from 20 to 24-25. I remember my jaw dropped when I saw him inject whole 10cc vials of test,deca,eq,tren...when I have asked him how often he does that he said he dont know sometimes twice a day sometimes twice a week. He was a mobster in one crime family, partied hard, drank hard, did rec drugs etc so living this type of lifestyle had had to end one day.

Developed panic disorder after 2 far, tren cycles. Never been he same. Medicated now with ssris and I am good with try. Just can't dabble in the goofies. Even tried the SARm Ostarine and anxiety peaked.

same here. Just started therapy. Not saying they are the sole reason but they have helped. Despite constant good bloodwork and good ekg's i am convinced something is wrong with my heart short of breath etc. My anxiety is ruining my relationships. I'm going to attempt coming off and getting my natural test back up. If it work I think thats the end of my gear use for a long time. If not I guess minimal test it is.

same here. Just started therapy. Not saying they are the sole reason but they have helped. Despite constant good bloodwork and good ekg's i am convinced something is wrong with my heart short of breath etc. My anxiety is ruining my relationships. I'm going to attempt coming off and getting my natural test back up. If it work I think thats the end of my gear use for a long time. If not I guess minimal test it is.

For every apple there's an orange . I use to be manic depressant as soon as I started running gear all my sides went away didn't need medication. Tren actually helps the best it uplifts me I have no aggression what so ever I would ever go as far as to say it does the opposite mellows me rite out.

im 52 i run 250mg/week divided in daily doses,plus 2iu of gh a day,i get my 6 monh physical and i feel great.this is self prescribed.

that's well over 'trt' doses. test has to be well above 1500.

not that i'm opposed to that, but it's well over trt... for most anyway.

For every apple there's an orange . I use to be manic depressant as soon as I started running gear all my sides went away didn't need medication. Tren actually helps the best it uplifts me I have no aggression what so ever I would ever go as far as to say it does the opposite mellows me rite out.

Lucky dude, I wish it was the same for me. I never even use big doses or do anything crazy. my blood work was actually always extremely good too lol. But i have serious hypochondria I think.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131