over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those out there with kids

marssel

Sponsor / Kilo Club
Registered
Sponsors
Being new to fatherhood I’ll admit that it does CHANGE EVERYTHING. Wouldn’t trade it but was just wondering for all of us that are new to it or haven’t yet any advice or stories to guide us through and be better at both staying on the game at the gym while being a good father. Cheers!

Congrats brotha, I’m also relatively new to fatherhood so I’m still learning as well. It’s the best feeling in the world that can also feel like it’s killing you at the same time lol (like at 3 in the morning when he won’t go back to sleep). It was tough for me at first staying in the gym when I work two jobs and the wife works full time as well. Daycare in my neck of the woods is stupid expensive so I’ve had to make due with a quick trip to the gym while he’s napping and keeping heavy bands in my bag at all times lol

Being new to fatherhood I’ll admit that it does CHANGE EVERYTHING. Wouldn’t trade it but was just wondering for all of us that are new to it or haven’t yet any advice or stories to guide us through and be better at both staying on the game at the gym while being a good father. Cheers!
Having a good partner who is understanding is crucial.
Also I use my kids as motivation to workout. I never want to be the fat out of shape dad that you see in the park with his kids.

Yea I def wanna be the cool dad and being 40 means I’ll already be the older dad but if I’m fit then it won’t matter. I’ll admit the wife hasn’t been much help but we have a newborn and I’m told that this is the time when things are the hardest and it’s true eating and sleep are tough, it’s almost impossible to have a routine and of course my kid comes first but I’m not me without the gym. It has made me decide to do trt sooner I was gonna compete for 3 or so more years but I’m not now I’m just gonna get one good year in and hang ‘em up hell I’ve been on 250-500 for a long time now anyway although yes I know trt is a lot less than that. I just hope trt doesn’t feel like shit, I had to cycle off for a few years to have him and it was brutal going to 0 in my late 30s. My labs are all good, the docs at the VA won’t give me an ekg bc my labs are good and they listen to my heart and “it sounds perfect”. So if I go angiogram or Calicum score I’ll have to pay without insurance and and a newborn and I already take every cardiac supplement available, yea with a newborn diet and cardio are down but that’s just been a few weeks so I don’t think weeks matter. I will say it definitely makes you think about longevity more.

family first mentality man, it kicks in as soon as you are a dad, i'm sure you feel it already. as long as you feel you personally get to spend enough time per day with your family, everything else will fall into place. most of us are very routine by nature in this sport/hobby/whatever you want to call it. in time, your child falls right into that routine and is a daily staple you require just the same as 6 meals, a workout, etc. i took some time off of the gym when my son was born and while i felt frustrated at the beginning, it quickly changed and i was equally happy being around my little dude. over the following weeks the gym was reassimilated into my daily routine and just made it work. having an understanding partner of course is part of it but also being understanding that his mother is not the sole provider and you gotta do your part too. i will say, kudos if you have a breast feeder cuz you'll never have to wake up in the middle of the night to make a bottle cuz she's the sole source!!! LoL

Yes it definitely changes things.
When I pick my daughter up from school I’m like wtf do these people eat.
I work remote and am able to sneak away to work out. Weekends I do something active with her, beach, surf, swim, bike ride, scooter. I try and do a physical activity.

family first mentality man, it kicks in as soon as you are a dad, i'm sure you feel it already. as long as you feel you personally get to spend enough time per day with your family, everything else will fall into place. most of us are very routine by nature in this sport/hobby/whatever you want to call it. in time, your child falls right into that routine and is a daily staple you require just the same as 6 meals, a workout, etc. i took some time off of the gym when my son was born and while i felt frustrated at the beginning, it quickly changed and i was equally happy being around my little dude. over the following weeks the gym was reassimilated into my daily routine and just made it work. having an understanding partner of course is part of it but also being understanding that his mother is not the sole provider and you gotta do your part too. i will say, kudos if you have a breast feeder cuz you'll never have to wake up in the middle of the night to make a bottle cuz she's the sole source!!! LoL
Yea I’m there, hence the thread, and yea averaging like 2-3 lifts per week living on snacks. Wife almost died during C section so we do bottles but he was born big almost 11 lbs so he sleeps a little better than most new Norns I’m told though that first month I couldn’t tell I’ve never been so out of it we weren’t eating, sleeping showering any of it she was recovering for said surgery and I learned I don’t know shit about babies bc books do not prepare you.

Lower your AAS dose.

Home gym.. thats what I do. You save on commute time, and can get in whenever time allows.
But then again, I'm in the fitness/swimmer body stage of life.. sitting at 270 this morning though.. still 'jacked' per gen pop standards.. even though I run daily.

Yea I’m there, hence the thread, and yea averaging like 2-3 lifts per week living on snacks. Wife almost died during C section so we do bottles but he was born big almost 11 lbs so he sleeps a little better than most new Norns I’m told though that first month I couldn’t tell I’ve never been so out of it we weren’t eating, sleeping showering any of it she was recovering for said surgery and I learned I don’t know shit about babies bc books do not prepare you.
if not breast feeding, maybe look into goat milk formula.. babies handle this better than milk/soy based formula.. also.. every and all store bought formula contains soy..
there is an agenda behind this.. but thats for another time/forum.

Yes it definitely changes things.
When I pick my daughter up from school I’m like wtf do these people eat.
I work remote and am able to sneak away to work out. Weekends I do something active with her, beach, surf, swim, bike ride, scooter. I try and do a physical activity.
me and my little ones do something physical every day. the day is not complete without running around at the park or just walking.
but it's a given.. every day is a physical movement day. its a rule.. no video games all day after school.. no sitting around watching tv.
one is old enough to do some standing presses with a 15lb bar. so we do that, some pushups, then some other kid friendly stuff.

i remember i had thoughts just before kid was born, how am i going to train when will i get my cardio in, it took a while to adjust but man family first. you train when you can how you can where you can. even if your a pro the decision to have a kid means they come first. so i guess just spend time with family and be there. we can all find 1 hour here and there to train, but they grow so fast and before you know it they are 8 or 10 and doing their own thing.

gym will always be there but kids won't always want your attention. so congrats and enjoy fatherhood.

First off...congrats! Second...get through this first part, but enjoy it. I promise you it will go so fast. I have an almost 10 year old little girl now and man...I don't know where that time went.

We now have our second due on Oct 1, which is 12 days before my 40th bday so I feel ya bud!

My mother inlaw still laughs because I said "I can never train again" when our first was born lol. Trust me...it gets easier!

16 and 12 y/o. Both girls.
Kids are expensive but they're worth every penny.
As they develop so do you...as a father, mentor, teacher.
Your priorities will change as they get older.
Your relationship with your wife will mature.
Your time spent in the gym will require work/life balance.
They will look up to you for advice daily. Be there!
Consider opening a 529 plan now and contribute to it yearly.

Those above me said it best. Take the time with your kids while they are young because once it’s gone you will spend the rest of your life wishing you had skipped those few workouts. I have 4 and I never missed a workout with the first 2. And all I do is regret it. So I have settled for not being as big or as strong or as jacked. I’m still bigger than most. But a bit softer than I’d like. But nothing in the world is as good as my son saying “I really missed you today dad” after a long day at work.
You will find a balance. For me it was accepting only twice per week hard workouts. The other nights I get to coach little league or help with his reading or just hang out with the family.
And I love it all

Don’t focus on being the cool dad my man! Just be their parents!!!!! It’ll mean you’re an asshole at times, but that comes with the territory.

Teach them respect, to be an honest person, being humble, being helpful to others in need, and the value of hard work!

I have 50/50 custody with my looney X. She lets him get away with everything, and is the cool mom. I always gotta be the dickhead because of her. Someone has to do it though or he’ll turn into a major douche.

I wanna knock the head of my teenage son at times…. It’s the moodiness. This will pass though. Just want to instill those core values I mentioned above!

Nothing worse than seeing out of control lil brats being raised.

Cage

I have a gym in the basement and negotiate time with the wife. She gets hers and i get mine. With the first one, I went to a commercial gym with a daycare. The first year or two are so tough because they need constant attention and you're always tired but as they get older it does get easier. They become more independent and watch TV, etc. Good luck brother!

Yea I def wanna be the cool dad and being 40 means I’ll already be the older dad but if I’m fit then it won’t matter. I’ll admit the wife hasn’t been much help but we have a newborn and I’m told that this is the time when things are the hardest and it’s true eating and sleep are tough, it’s almost impossible to have a routine and of course my kid comes first but I’m not me without the gym. It has made me decide to do trt sooner I was gonna compete for 3 or so more years but I’m not now I’m just gonna get one good year in and hang ‘em up hell I’ve been on 250-500 for a long time now anyway although yes I know trt is a lot less than that. I just hope trt doesn’t feel like shit, I had to cycle off for a few years to have him and it was brutal going to 0 in my late 30s. My labs are all good, the docs at the VA won’t give me an ekg bc my labs are good and they listen to my heart and “it sounds perfect”. So if I go angiogram or Calicum score I’ll have to pay without insurance and and a newborn and I already take every cardiac supplement available, yea with a newborn diet and cardio are down but that’s just been a few weeks so I don’t think weeks matter. I will say it definitely makes you think about longevity more.

depends on what you mean by cool dad, imo that is not going to always jive with being a dad, maybe just mean not being the fat guy, lol, hell i was 48 when my girl was born, spend all the time with them as oyu can because the years are going to tick by fast, mine will be 9 in october and i cant believe it, everybody's finance is different but when she was 6 months old i started working 2 days a week and thats it, so i have been around a lot and very involved, as far as this game goes im on trt and thats pretty much it and been like that for a long while, for education purposes start a 529, i started one when mine was 1 month old, get a low cost one.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws