over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those that use Red Yeast Rice COQ10

Stewie

Featured Member / Verified Customer
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Just had my blood work done up and my cholesterol wasn't bad, for the most part.

Total cholesterol 176
HDL 53
LDL 107 high
Triglycerides 79

My diet is what I considered very clean,
Breakfast every morning consists of a rotation of either, steel cut oats, old fashion oats or quinoa @1.5 servings mixed with wild blueberries, dried cranberries chopped almonds.

Either - 3 egg whites 1 whole egg or 2.5 servings of egg beaters, 2 Turkey sausage links or patties.
½cup reduced sugar OJ ½cup diet cranberry juice.

I'll switch up breakfast on the weekends of multi grain pancakes, with the same protein intake.

I could get into details of the rest of my meals, ....very clean/ balance ratio ..with proper timing every two hours consumption. ...Lean red meat,Salmon, boiled chicken, Sweet potatoes veggies, nuts ( in moderation)..And So on. Use extra virgin olive oil

Now I do have a sweet tooth every now and then, from my understanding sugar can raise LDL?

Since my last blood work up my LDL has gone up 8 points. Maybe from the extra sugar or not hitting the gym like I would like 2-3 per week lately. ...(house remodeling) glad when I get that shit done.

So My question to the Masses is, would RYR and COQ10 be of benefit? Or is there the possibility that the extra sugars and lack of gym time played a roll in the rise in LDL?

Are there brands that are considered better? Which I'm sure there is, any suggestions on a particular brand?

My current supplements are
New Chapter mens multi
New Chapter Omegas, total EFA's per day is 6 grams
Jarrow CLA, 4 grams per day
Jarrow ALCAR 1 gram total per day
D3 3000IUs per day

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Not THAT bad...

What I mean is, your HDL is phenomenal and your LDL is only "a bit" elevated with your TC actually being normal.

RYR can be pretty strong, I don't know if you would need it to lower your LDL a little bit more... or, if anything, I would recommend a VERY low dose (1/4 tsp ONCE a day) (get the powder form, smallest batch, from purebulk.com... will last you months).

CoQ10- won't do much for LDL, BUT, you do need to take if taking RYR as it depletes this nutrient (you need anyways if on gear). 100-200mg BID is fine (get it from Puritan's Pride).

The other factor: genetics... how does cholesterol run in your family?

What I mean is, your HDL is phenomenal and your LDL is only "a bit" elevated with your TC actually being normal.

RYR can be pretty strong, I don't know if you would need it to lower your LDL a little bit more... or, if anything, I would recommend a VERY low dose (1/4 tsp ONCE a day) (get the powder form, smallest batch, from purebulk.com... will last you months).

CoQ10- won't do much for LDL, BUT, you do need to take if taking RYR as it depletes this nutrient (you need anyways if on gear). 100-200mg BID is fine (get it from Puritan's Pride).

The other factor: genetics... how does cholesterol run in your family?

Thanks Myosin,My cholesterol #'s are for the most part very good, although I would like to bring my LDL down a Tad, I after the fact of posting this thread I had seen Your thread(search)on how This combo lowered your cholesterol, incredible! To say the least!

As far as genetics go my Mom passed away at a young age 57 do to ailing health, uncontrollable diabetes, emphysema,congestive heart failure High cholesterol. ....very poor health.

My Dad? I Have never met him or any relations of his, so kinda mystery on that side.

Being 46 I would like to at least live a healthier life than that of my Mom, So hopefully I can be around to see My children grow and prosper, as like My mom I'm the only parent of 3 kids.

BID? not sure what that is? I'll definitely search into it.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Shouldn't be too hard....

Thanks Myosin,My cholesterol #'s are for the most part very good, although I would like to bring my LDL down a Tad, I after the fact of posting this thread I had seen Your thread(search)on how This combo lowered your cholesterol, incredible! To say the least!

As far as genetics go my Mom passed away at a young age 57 do to ailing health, uncontrollable diabetes, emphysema,congestive heart failure High cholesterol. ....very poor health.

My Dad? I Have never met him or any relations of his, so kinda mystery on that side.

Being 46 I would like to at least live a healthier life than that of my Mom, So hopefully I can be around to see My children grow and prosper, as like My mom I'm the only parent of 3 kids.

BID? not sure what that is? I'll definitely search into it.

Thanks again

First- wow, you look great for any age... but 46, impressive
Second- sorry about the tough social situation, sounds like you have made the best of things though, takes character

Third- I asked about the familial aspect as sometimes, (and you might know this already) that even with dietary changes it can be difficult to control cholesterol/LDL if genetics are "poor".

BID- twice a day (am, pm)

MountainDog1 has some GREAT info on cholesterol and diet and I HIGHLY agree with him... but at the same time, genetics as mentioned above has a huge role.

If your LDL is that high with only a few small "slips" in your diet, then maybe supplementation would be for you...

First- wow, you look great for any age... but 46, impressive
Second- sorry about the tough social situation, sounds like you have made the best of things though, takes character

Third- I asked about the familial aspect as sometimes, (and you might know this already) that even with dietary changes it can be difficult to control cholesterol/LDL if genetics are "poor".

BID- twice a day (am, pm)

MountainDog1 has some GREAT info on cholesterol and diet and I HIGHLY agree with him... but at the same time, genetics as mentioned above has a huge role.

If your LDL is that high with only a few small "slips" in your diet, then maybe supplementation would be for you...

Thanks for the info :)

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members