advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thought Maldorf and others would find this interesting (Marcus Haley cardiomyopathy)

DOGGCRAPP

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
Seems to me there are just so many young guys in this forum that think (ahhh that will never happen to me)

age 40 comes quick..... and with so many people using an abundance of GH with a surplus of anabolics because of availability now.... hell when I was in my 20's anyone using 6ius of GH a day was thought of as "Crazy, a daredevil, incredibly rich, and WOW!!"...in fact I can only remember people saying it about one guy in the early 90's who had the wealth and daredevil attitude to use that much.........now it seems like every other guy that's over 200 pounds uses 10IUs a day......I have no doubt that "the enlarged heart) is one of the main problems we are going to see in bodybuilding over the next few years

A time to reflect...My journey with the sport I so love

I guess being a young guy and trying to "live the lifestyle". I have been questioning what I'm doing after my small event that happened to me. I have seen enough evidence to take a step back and really access what the hell I'm doing. I'm glad some of the pros feel and want to share those types of things.

Great post Dante. I am always thankful when people like you try your damdest to help others by keeping it real and smacking people with a reality check. Question for you- do you think these problems, and others associated with aas and gh like kidney and liver problems, are mainly because of using these drugs at too high of levels for too long of a time? Or will we see problems in the future with people running trt dosages?

Great post Dante. I am always thankful when people like you try your damdest to help others by keeping it real and smacking people with a reality check. Question for you- do you think these problems, and others associated with aas and gh like kidney and liver problems, are mainly because of using these drugs at too high of levels for too long of a time? Or will we see problems in the future with people running trt dosages?

Mostly to those who push the limits of unhealthiness....thinking (well I feel ok right now and I look great.....I must be ok)

Meanwhile 8-15 years down the road....they drop to their knees in the driveway while taking out the trash

I'm not sure if the degree of cardiomyopathy he has is actually unhealthy, lots of newer research saying cardiomyopathy without underlying arteriosclerosis is not necessarily dangerous. One thing is for sure, this is a very commonly misdiagnosed condition in athletes.

Of course his case could be different, I'm not a cardiologist.

Dante I can say without a doubt your posts more say than any I have read on the boards have had a great influence on me as far as long-term goes. Yeah I know doctors told me when I was a kid my life would suck due to my bone disease, but I have lived a life that they said would be impossible. And just when I think about upping the ante to see what would happen it seems I find another thing reminding me that what I am doing is ok. Thank you again for your posts.

I do hope he goes on to live many years. Though two interesting things stuck out to me. One he mentions not to be the party man and the professional athlete and his ejection fraction rate seems normal. So is he saying that the combination of party animal and what it takes to be of a professional status might be what caused his issues? And with CM how is his ejection fraction rate within average range? I honestly did not think you could have a normal ejection fraction rate with CM.

Marcus says he's going to take some time off this year, and "come back" to do the Arnold Classic. WTF?! :banghead:

Marcus says he's going to take some time off this year, and "come back" to do the Arnold Classic. WTF?! :banghead:

Addictions are not surprising they are real

Did anybody read what this fucking guy said on Dante's link? Holy shit.

"push on"

"top 5 at the Arnold"

Talk about delusional. If you don't have anything beyond this sport, that's REALLY sad. If you DO have people beyond this sport (family, kids, wife), that's an entirely new level of sad.

The continuation of abuse when dangers have been recognized is a serious addiction. I hope he becomes me sensible.

I love posts like this. As soon as I think about another blast, I see something like this. Thanks Dante. Keep them coming.

Think I read he said his left ventricle is 2.2 cm think, and normal is around 1cm, endurance athletes I read can get up to about 1.3 cm. So he has bad hypertrophy. He never mentioned what his ejection fraction is, that would be good to know and would tell a lot. Chances are he is feeling the symptoms and huffing and puffing.
Found this on the net:
"By teenage and adult ages, the walls of the left ventricle have thickened to three to six times greater than that of the right ventricle. Rowers, cyclists, and cross-country skiers tend to have the largest hearts, with an average left ventricular wall thickness of 1.3 centimeters.
Normal thickness of the left ventricular myocardium is from 0.6 to 1.1 cm (as measured at the very end of diastole. If the myocardium is more than 1.1 cm thick, the diagnosis of left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) can be made.
If you are a well trained athlete, then there is no problem."

Did anybody read what this fucking guy said on Dante's link? Holy shit.

"push on"

"top 5 at the Arnold"

Talk about delusional. If you don't have anything beyond this sport, that's REALLY sad. If you DO have people beyond this sport (family, kids, wife), that's an entirely new level of sad.

The continuation of abuse when dangers have been recognized is a serious addiction. I hope he becomes me sensible.

Another thing I noticed in the thread, guys on the site were cheering him on.

I'm not sure if the degree of cardiomyopathy he has is actually unhealthy, lots of newer research saying cardiomyopathy without underlying arteriosclerosis is not necessarily dangerous. One thing is for sure, this is a very commonly misdiagnosed condition in athletes.

Of course his case could be different, I'm not a cardiologist.

According to this, I am wrong, 22mm or 2.2cm is NOT just athlete's heart. Of course professional bodybuilders have never been studed...

**broken link removed**

The maximum wall thickness found in highly trained athletes is 15-16 mm, that likely represents the upper limit of physiologic left ventricular wall thickening. Instead, in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, including those who are asymptomatic and involved in athletic activities, the maximum wall thickness shows a broad range of values, 15 to 60 mm, and averages 22 mm.

Last edited:
Think I read he said his left ventricle is 2.2 cm think, and normal is around 1cm, endurance athletes I read can get up to about 1.3 cm. So he has bad hypertrophy. He never mentioned what his ejection fraction is, that would be good to know and would tell a lot. Chances are he is feeling the symptoms and huffing and puffing.
Found this on the net:
"By teenage and adult ages, the walls of the left ventricle have thickened to three to six times greater than that of the right ventricle. Rowers, cyclists, and cross-country skiers tend to have the largest hearts, with an average left ventricular wall thickness of 1.3 centimeters.
Normal thickness of the left ventricular myocardium is from 0.6 to 1.1 cm (as measured at the very end of diastole. If the myocardium is more than 1.1 cm thick, the diagnosis of left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) can be made.
If you are a well trained athlete, then there is no problem."

55 to 65% hypertropic non abstuctive

Is this something that is largely to be blamed on hgh abuse in combination with AAS? You seemed to emphasize the hgh aspect in your original post.

What about the guys who have never touched hgh?

Isnt hgh the one that is known to cause more permanent changes in muscle and skeletal systems? Aka enlarged skulls and hearts

According to this, I am wrong, 22mm or 2.2cm is NOT just athlete's heart. Of course professional bodybuilders have never been studed...

**broken link removed**

Dude with the 60mm must be an anomaly, just stating the obvious of course. Must have been from some giant the size of shaq or something

Is this something that is largely to be blamed on hgh abuse in combination with AAS? You seemed to emphasize the hgh aspect in your original post.

What about the guys who have never touched hgh?

Isnt hgh the one that is known to cause more permanent changes in muscle and skeletal systems? Aka enlarged skulls and hearts

My roommate never used hgh and he died from it. He used AAS for 29 years and ephedrine/speed along with it. His cardiologist said it was the combination of AAS and ephedrine that was the cause.

Stepped on stage at the Arnold bringing this kinda package. I thought then the guy should have hung the trunks up....his latest posting only confirms my initial thoughts.

Attachments

• marcushaley.jpg
    marcushaley.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 647
Stepped on stage at the Arnold bringing this kinda package. I thought then the guy should have hung the trunks up....his latest posting only confirms my initial thoughts.

Come on, that is just a thing where he sticks his abs out before he rolls them. It is actually muscular development of the abdominals that allows them to be pushed out that much.

Here is the finished pose a couple seconds later:

**broken link removed**

Come on, that is just a thing where he sticks his abs out before he rolls them. It is actually muscular development of the abdominals that allows them to be pushed out that much.

Here is the finished pose a couple seconds later:

**broken link removed**

Yes he was a guess poser at a show I competed here in my home town.and when I saw him on stage blow that stomach out I was like WTF then rolled it in and was ripped even more than in this pic.he seem to be kool guy down to earth....MARCUS HAYLE ..THE COMET

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear