over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts of flex lewis

BG

Registered
After seeing some of the back and forth about him competing in the open and what he can do, I wanted to give some food for thought

Its not about the scale! When dexter says, he's too small its not so much about his actual weight, but his frame and the muscle he carries on it.

Remember, Shawn Ray competed for years under 200 and is almost 2" taller. He carried what looked like.. more muscle

Lee Priest said several times that he wasn't as heavy contest time as people said. He said he was usually 200. And he was a MONSTER!

Kevin levrone best combination of condition, and size he was high 230's & he is 4" taller

Dorian, 250. Any more and his stomach was too big. And he is 5" taller

David Henry. inch shorter. Does flex really carry 35-40lbs more muscle than a 185lb David henry??? HELL NO

*just for shits and giggles* Eddie Robinson. about an inch taller and 215! NOBODY is going to tell me flex lewis is bigger than eddie robinson. Noooooooooooooooobody

His "struggle" to get to 212 is probably the same reason as Jose Ramon.. too much GH, slin and the other cocktails.

Anyway, he's talented but I think he will be limited in the open by his frame. which is better suited for 212

Has Flex actually come out and said he's planning to do open? When he said he'd retire I was assuming he was done. I know Neil Hill said he was gonna do open but maybe to build hype around him? Get people thinking ? To make the nessesary improvements to be competitive with the open guys, I'd assume he'd have to take at least a year or two off from competition. He's getting up there in age and another couple years, he may not want to push it with the drugs anymore. He's a family man now, has successful businesses and really has nothing to prove to anyone so to do it really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm sure he could jump in the open right now and be competitive but all politics aside, Id be surprised to see him crack top 5.

M18

Has Flex actually come out and said he's planning to do open? When he said he'd retire I was assuming he was done. I know Neil Hill said he was gonna do open but maybe to build hype around him? Get people thinking ? To make the nessesary improvements to be competitive with the open guys, I'd assume he'd have to take at least a year or two off from competition. He's getting up there in age and another couple years, he may not want to push it with the drugs anymore. He's a family man now, has successful businesses and really has nothing to prove to anyone so to do it really wouldn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm sure he could jump in the open right now and be competitive but all politics aside, Id be surprised to see him crack top 5.

M18

He announced this is his last year in 212 and will take a year off then compete in the open in 2020 I’m sure

He announced this is his last year in 212 and will take a year off then compete in the open in 2020 I’m sure

Must have missed that... It'll definitely bring another exciting aspect to the Olympia. Weather he can be competitive for the top spot is anyone's guess... it'll sure be interesting to watch.

M18

Prize money

Prize money alone would make me not want to compete in that 212 class. Did you see how small the 1st place money is? Compared to the open it is peanuts, and about 1/5th the amount if I remember right.

Winning the 212 must be ok though for getting sponsor money and publicity in general? If not, then I don't see why anyone would compete in it other than for the pride of winning.

Bodybuilders lie about their weight lol

We haven't seen how Flex would do with no weight restriction so let's see, I think he'll do good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

i dont believe he will do the open

When you have been the BEST in the world i just dont think he will be very motivated to risk being beaten.
-F2S

Bodybuilders lie about their weight lol

We haven't seen how Flex would do with no weight restriction so let's see, I think he'll do good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Absolutely, they do which was at the core of what I was saying. I don't think he struggles like he said. And almost everyone has given inflated numbers over the years. And I don't see him being that much heavier than the past greats around his height. The number of people that said they could see him competing at 225 or 230... that would make him lb for lb one of the biggest mass monsters on the Olympia stage!!

I think it will be mentally hard for him to come from winning easily to struggling to make the top 5. Although it will do him good not having a weight restriction so he can try to come in at his complete best. I agree he won't weigh much more but I think him at his best would be closer to 220 then it would 212. I can understand the need to compete in the open as well. He could do quite well but there is no chance he could ever win the open.

Who would of thought that bonac would do what he's doing. Flex is way better than some of the guys that won some the smaller pro shows this year and got o qualified

Last edited:
Prize money alone would make me not want to compete in that 212 class. Did you see how small the 1st place money is? Compared to the open it is peanuts, and about 1/5th the amount if I remember right.

Total joke, the third place in bikini and figure earned more money than 212.

Who would of thought that bonac would do what he's doing. Flex is way better than some of the guys that won some the smaller pro shows this year and got o qualified

Bonac has a a better frame for the open. The bellowing muscles that flex doesn't have. Every time I see flex beside an open guy he gets dwarfed. Which is understandable.
I can see him getting top 5 or 6 at something like the Arnold classic. Maybe winning a smaller show like a Tampa pro or something. And that would be the best bet. Do a smaller show 1st

M18

I was at a talk with him here in the UK late last year n he said he would be.

He said Dallas and him had always said how good it would be to compete together and he wants to do it based on that as Dallas has always said he should do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity