over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on arachidonic acid

M@NU

Registered
Hey guys,
as a natural BB you always research new supplements to find a way to build more muscle. Recently i have read a few interesting studies on arachidonic acid but i can not decide if it may be useful or even dangerous..?
It promotes inflammation which is kinda scary to me since I have a whole supplement range that takes care of inflammation for me because well, inflammation aint a good thing in my opinion.
Arachidonic acid however claims that the inflammation being produced is localized and not systematic and therefore it aint dangerous.
What do you guys think about arachidonic acid aka ARA?
thanks for your thoughts :)

regards,
Manu

everything I do supplement wise is to reduce inflammation....my life is better without inflammatory responses going off from my training, work, etc. I also strive to use supplements which decrease my risk for cancer. I am not up to date on AA studies recently, because I disregarded it years ago when evidence came out about its link to cancer. Now, the tables could have turned on it recently, but my understanding is it is theorized to play a role in cancer cell formation, which scared me off using it.

The are a number of cutting edge supplements that are more worth looking into:

resveratrol
curcumin
ursolic acid
pterostilbene

Stay safe :)

everything I do supplement wise is to reduce inflammation....my life is better without inflammatory responses going off from my training, work, etc. I also strive to use supplements which decrease my risk for cancer. I am not up to date on AA studies recently, because I disregarded it years ago when evidence came out about its link to cancer. Now, the tables could have turned on it recently, but my understanding is it is theorized to play a role in cancer cell formation, which scared me off using it.

The are a number of cutting edge supplements that are more worth looking into:

resveratrol
curcumin
ursolic acid
pterostilbene

Stay safe :)

Hey Matsuao,
thanks for your opinion :)
I already take curcumin, cycle ursolic acid (UR spray, cant run year round cause very pricey here in EU) and resveratrol (but oral, guess this is not very bioavailable, right?)
might look into pterostilbine, thanks

Hey guys,
as a natural BB you always research new supplements to find a way to build more muscle. Recently i have read a few interesting studies on arachidonic acid but i can not decide if it may be useful or even dangerous..?
It promotes inflammation which is kinda scary to me since I have a whole supplement range that takes care of inflammation for me because well, inflammation aint a good thing in my opinion.
Arachidonic acid however claims that the inflammation being produced is localized and not systematic and therefore it aint dangerous.
What do you guys think about arachidonic acid aka ARA?
thanks for your thoughts :)

regards,
Manu

The part about ArA being localized and not systematic is correct. If using ArA, be sure to cycle on and off (time on = time off) and do not use continuously, as then, it can become systemic. Typically cycles of 50 workout days is recommended. No need to dose on off days.

ArA is a proven ergogenic and has good data backing it. Only reason not to use it would be if you suffer from any inflammatory condition or are prone to sore joints.

Used it years ago under the product name X-Factor when it was first released by Molecular Nutrition.

Took less than the recommended does for the first couple of weeks. By week three, the soreness was SO bad it was pretty much debilitating to lift. My joints were in excruciating pain just trying to bench 135lb. Of course at the time, the mentality was just put up with it because its all part of the process. Muscle soreness lasted for days after a workout. By the end of that week, I came stopped the X-factor and within one week of ceasing, soreness was gone an I was back to normal.

Would love to hear anyone else's personal experience with the product.

This is another one of those big fads that overtook the industry by storm and quickly faded away. Kinda like CLA, it's a fatty acid that you get from foods you should already be eating anyway (chicken, eggs).

You were supposed to cut out all fats and cease fish oil supplementation for this shit to absorb properly. Yes, that's correct, no peanut butter, no EVOO, no avocados. No thanks. It's kinda like how with ZMA you're supposed to take it before bed on an empty stomach with nothing containing calcium (i.e. all of the key fucking foods you should be eating before bed; CC, greek yogurt). Following these idiotic guidelines will actually end up costing you gains, is the ironic part.

Unlike those other two however, there was a small number of studies that showed very slight performance increases after the end of the 50 day run you're supposed to do. Whether that's worth the joint pain, headaches, and potential negative effects to your health, up to you to decide. Last I seen, the shit ain't exactly cheap, either.

Personally I wouldn't bother at all. Soreness means fuck all in regards to muscle growth, and if you actually think it's going to localize PGF2a release to muscle cells only...well...you're an idiot.

Last edited:
This is another one of those big fads that overtook the industry by storm and quickly faded away. Kinda like CLA, it's a fatty acid that you get from foods you should already be eating anyway (chicken, eggs).

You were supposed to cut out all fats and cease fish oil supplementation for this shit to absorb properly. Yes, that's correct, no peanut butter, no EVOO, no avocados. No thanks. It's kinda like how with ZMA you're supposed to take it before bed on an empty stomach with nothing containing calcium (i.e. all of the key fucking foods you should be eating before bed; CC, greek yogurt). Following these idiotic guidelines will actually end up costing you gains, is the ironic part.

Unlike those other two however, there was a small number of studies that showed very slight performance increases after the end of the 50 day run you're supposed to do. Whether that's worth the joint pain, headaches, and potential negative effects to your health, up to you to decide. Last I seen, the shit ain't exactly cheap, either.

Personally I wouldn't bother at all. Soreness means fuck all in regards to muscle growth, and if you actually think it's going to localize PGF2a release to muscle cells only...well...you're an idiot.

Aa is like omega 3, you add it too your diet and that's it. All the other rules are just dumbass shit supp salesmen come up with to make it more magical. If you're dumb enough to think you have to follow that......

Aa is like omega 3, you add it too your diet and that's it. All the other rules are just dumbass shit supp salesmen come up with to make it more magical. If you're dumb enough to think you have to follow that......

Somehow I'm not convinced. It's not out of the realm of possible to believe that omega 3 fatty acids might attenuate omega 6 absorption, even if it's all but slightly. The point is moot anyway, since any results you yield will be a spit in the ocean, essentially.

If pro-inflammatory pathways were truly black and white, we'd see that fish oil users don't make any lean mass or strength gains, and that's clearly not the case.

Last edited:

Well, thats why i am asking such questions.. because i want to hear the opinion of others.
In my opinion, ARA has not faded away. It gets pushed on other forums quite much as being the number 1 supplement for natural athletes (This forum starts with a and ends with minds :p).
I am just looking for the edge to my supplement regime (which is huge btw, i spent alot of money on my beloved hobby..)

Well, thats why i am asking such questions.. because i want to hear the opinion of others.
In my opinion, ARA has not faded away. It gets pushed on other forums quite much as being the number 1 supplement for natural athletes (This forum starts with a and ends with minds :p).
I am just looking for the edge to my supplement regime (which is huge btw, i spent alot of money on my beloved hobby..)

You know, I always thought it was a little weird how Anabolic Minds is the only place that AA still gets mentioned. Don't get me wrong, AA is needed for muscle growth and repair, but the fact remains that it's not an essential fatty acid. It gets produced off of other omega 6's which majority of people actually already get too much of.

If you're really spending as much on supps as you claim, then that's all the more reason to skip this and spend more on the essentials (Whey, creatine, fish oil)

Frankly, I'd even buy one of those natural test boosters before I considered AA; not that that's a great way to allocate funds either. By all means take the stuff if you want to anyway, I'm just saying I'd rather not have to cut fish out of my diet and suffer joint pain for something that quite honestly isn't exactly cheap or completely effective.

Last edited:
Generally, It's not worth buying unless you're meticulously designing your fat intake, where every gram of fat-intake is precise and limited. Obviously, supplements always come in handy for cutting diets, but also AA can be used for those insulin bulks with minimal fat intake.

And Oh yah, you could always just take the PGF2a

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity