over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on chicken livers?

i have a hard time eating something that filters the crap out of the blood stream.

Organ meats are actually quite healthy for us, they just have an odd social stigma here in the US. In Europe they're still pretty common, but still not like they were in the past. Most people just don't hunt or farm for their food anymore, it's off to the grocery store to buy bland, boring boneless skinless chicken breasts (yuck). Many cutting edge restaurants are reintroducing organ meats to adventurous diners, and the reception has been overwhelmingly positive. Not only are they high in protein, but also rich in vitamins and minerals. Oh yeah, they have flavor too, something those chicken titties don't have. Some people will never like certain organs, whether it's because of flavor or texture. Liver can be a little on the mealy side. That doesn't make it bad, just different. Oh, and just because an organ helps the body filter impurities from the body, that doesn't mean they stay there. They are excreted. Think of it this way, you use your liver as a filter your whole life, it doesn't need replacing (unless you abuse it). Your car needs a new oil filter every so many miles. That's the difference. Body organs don't trap impurities, they send them to be disposed of. Live a little, and try something different every now and then, who knows, maybe you'll actually like it!!!!

Love them with garlic, onions, green pepper and tomatoes.

Make sure you buy liver that hasn't ever been frozen. Huge difference in taste.

Not just taste, but texture too, frozen livers are mushy lol!

Boil them with poultry seasoning... Then cut them into tiny thin pieces mix with will rice steamed broccoli and a few dashes of curry powder, add some minced hard boiled egg for added volume protein and fats

lift till ya puke

If you are a low carb guy and don't care about fats as much... Pulverize some pork rinds, spicy or regular... Dip the livers (or other meat) in egg, then in the pork rinds, fry them up. Flourless frying. Tastes good, had to do it on Atkins diet, I was jonesin for fried chicken. I need to try it on catfish. Also, McCormick Montreal steak seasoning on steak, salmon, or just about anything will change your life.

Walk up to the counter at Popeye's and tell them you want an order of livers, wait 12 mins and enjoy.
Great for catfish bait too and they taste way better than chicken liver

Do you keep tabs on your lipid results regularly? If so and you are not predisposed to high cholesterol/triglycerides, I would eat them farily regularly if you enjoy them. I would use minimal oil (olive/MCT/coconut) and lightly pan fry to medium rare to medium. Do not overcook for best results. Of course, can add any combination of onion, garlic, peppers, chopped tomato. You could even add bit of chicken stock and then cover to finish to make light sauce to go over rice.

Had many a great serve of chicken liver at Yakitori stands in Tokyo. Some of you lads need to live a little ;)

One of my favorite foods ever. Liver and onions in gravy. I eat it without rice but most people here use rice or grits.

Staff online

• MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear