over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on my recent lab work

jt7

Registered
I have been on 150mg test cyp per week for about 2.5 years. 25mg mk677 from taking somatozine on and off the past 2 years. I take a bunch of different aminos and pre-workout stuff. i eat pretty clean and lift 5-6 days per week (no cardio). i do consume 4 whole eggs per day and use coconut oil to cook. I consume lean red meat about 3 times per week.
age 36, height 6'1", weight 220

wondering what i should do to get things more in line as far as cholesterol and liver. I also see hematocrit is a bit high. I I feel my test is in a good spot. I figured i would be more in line from only taking 150mg per week. What are your thoughts on why im a little out of wach and any recommendations?
I was thinking of adding in some cardio possibly HIIT 10 minutes 3 days per week.

Attachments

• lab 1 of 2.PNG
    lab 1 of 2.PNG
    81.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
part 2 of lab below

Attachments

• lab 2 of 2.PNG
    lab 2 of 2.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 204
10 min 3x a week I don’t think is enough, I would do 20 min 3-4x a week and go from there...

Do you take any supplements for the cholesterol/lipids?

If not I’d recommend some Citrus Bergamot 1000mg a day (very cheap and proven supplement) and EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL 1-2 tsp per day... I say “Extra Virgin” because A LOT of the Cod Liver supplemets aren’t natural and they have synthetic vitamins and the oils aren’t processed the same with those methods they extract the nutrients etc from it then replace it with synthetics...

Also, did you exercise shortly before or were you dehydrated during the blood Test? That Creatinine and GFR is a little too close to the high and low end for what I would ever want to see...

10 min 3x a week I don’t think is enough, I would do 20 min 3-4x a week and go from there...

Do you take any supplements for the cholesterol/lipids?

If not I’d recommend some Citrus Bergamot 1000mg a day (very cheap and proven supplement) and EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL 1-2 tsp per day... I say “Extra Virgin” because A LOT of the Cod Liver supplemets aren’t natural and they have synthetic vitamins and the oils aren’t processed the same with those methods they extract the nutrients etc from it then replace it with synthetics...

Also, did you exercise shortly before or were you dehydrated during the blood Test? That Creatinine and GFR is a little too close to the high and low end for what I would ever want to see...

thanks, i will work on the cardio thing for sure. I take fish oil 2 caps per day and have taken citrus bergamot in the past. I will look into getting back on that.

i took the blood test in the am so i had about 20 ounces of water in me.
I worked out the prior morning.What do you recommend for the Creatinine and GFR

thanks, i will work on the cardio thing for sure. I take fish oil 2 caps per day and have taken citrus bergamot in the past. I will look into getting back on that.

i took the blood test in the am so i had about 20 ounces of water in me.
I worked out the prior morning.What do you recommend for the Creatinine and GFR

It could have been the exercise the previous day which is why the liver values might be elevated as well but just in case I would add Astragulus to your supplements.. I’ve seen dosages range from 3-6g per day and people’s kidney values have improved significantly...

How’s your blood pressure?

It could have been the exercise the previous day which is why the liver values might be elevated as well but just in case I would add Astragulus to your supplements.. I’ve seen dosages range from 3-6g per day and people’s kidney values have improved significantly...

How’s your blood pressure?

Thanks, i will look into that i attached vitals...

Attachments

• vitals.PNG
    vitals.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 171
As others have said good quality Omega 3 source, fish oil, cod oil etc.. Do your research as it has to be a good quality. Not cheap

Get a good quality fiber supplement. It will help your LDL. Again a good quality, not the cheap stuff (Metamucil). More cardio for HDL

Your kidneys look fine for a someone lifting weights and eating a lot protein.

Liver value definitely a little high. Good liver supplement would help. I recommend liver stabil

**broken link removed**

Next test do not work out for 3 days prior to the test. Drop protein down to .5-.7 per pound of body weight. Drop all supplements including the ones you think are healthy.

As others have said good quality Omega 3 source, fish oil, cod oil etc.. Do your research as it has to be a good quality. Not cheap

Get a good quality fiber supplement. It will help your LDL. Again a good quality, not the cheap stuff (Metamucil). More cardio for HDL

Your kidneys look fine for a someone lifting weights and eating a lot protein.

Liver value definitely a little high. Good liver supplement would help. I recommend liver stabil

**broken link removed**

Next test do not work out for 3 days prior to the test. Drop protein down to .5-.7 per pound of body weight. Drop all supplements including the ones you think are healthy.

Thanks, i currently consume 1.5 cups steel cut oats per day and i take some flax seed powder so i assumed i was ok on fiber. I started my cardio regimen this morning. I'm just confused as to what the liver issue is as i am not taking anything that should cause the values to be off and i only drink several times per year.

Your creatinine is fine. Muscle mass elevates it so it’s actually lower than I’d guess, most big lifters are over the normal range which is expected.

As far as cholesterol - cardio, fiber (psyllium and oat), fish/krill/olive oil, spirullina, and probably citrus bergamot are the best although the bergamot is a little pricy to me for what it is. I use 10mg atorvastatin ed but definitely not for everyone and wouldn’t recommend that as a first thing.

Liver values are just elevated from workouts. Wouldn’t be concerned with what you’re using (no orals and don’t drink much).

Last edited:
Your creatinine is fine. Muscle mass elevates it so it’s actually lower than I’d guess, most big lifters are over the normal range which is expected.

As far as cholesterol - cardio, fiber (psyllium and oat), fish/krill/olive oil, spirullina, and probably citrus bergamot are the best although the bergamot is a little pricy to me for what it is. I use 10mg atorvastatin ed but definitely not for everyone and wouldn’t recommend that as a first thing.

Liver values are just elevated from workouts. Wouldn’t be concerned with what you’re using (no orals and don’t drink much).

$20 a month is too expensive? Lol that’s @ 1g a day if you’re taking 500mg a day then it’s $10 a month... Plenty of bloodwork and studies showing its worth..

Other than that I agree with the above, except the Creatinine being normally high for big/muscular guys, not because I have some info to disagree with it but because I’ve never heard that before (although it could be because of the workout the day before as well) and was wondering if you had any info to support that?

Not entirely bad. Take Citrus Bergamot for cholesterol. Take 1 scoop of Macrolife greens and super reds per day. Take 1 Lumbrokinase 20 mg. in morning and 1 at night. Take Jarrows IP 6, 2000 mg at night. Get off all orals, do cardio and donate blood at least every 3 months. This will will help a great deal.

Not entirely bad. Take Citrus Bergamot for cholesterol. Take 1 scoop of Macrolife greens and super reds per day. Take 1 Lumbrokinase 20 mg. in morning and 1 at night. Take Jarrows IP 6, 2000 mg at night. Get off all orals, do cardio and donate blood at least every 3 months. This will will help a great deal.
His HCT is barely out of range and platelets are low-normal. Nothing to be gained from blood letting here, while there are significant downsides in terms of iron deficiency, increasing platelet count, etc.

His HCT is barely out of range and platelets are low-normal. Nothing to be gained from blood letting here, while there are significant downsides in terms of iron deficiency, increasing platelet count, etc.

do you happen to know the reason why in europe the cutoff for hct is 55% and in US it seems to be 50?
i was @47,9 or something like that when i did bw 2 weeks ago. For US standards, this would already be @ the upper end. For EU standards it was middle of the range

I have been on 150mg test cyp per week for about 2.5 years. 25mg mk677 from taking somatozine on and off the past 2 years. I take a bunch of different aminos and pre-workout stuff. i eat pretty clean and lift 5-6 days per week (no cardio). i do consume 4 whole eggs per day and use coconut oil to cook. I consume lean red meat about 3 times per week.
age 36, height 6'1", weight 220

wondering what i should do to get things more in line as far as cholesterol and liver. I also see hematocrit is a bit high. I I feel my test is in a good spot. I figured i would be more in line from only taking 150mg per week. What are your thoughts on why im a little out of wach and any recommendations?
I was thinking of adding in some cardio possibly HIIT 10 minutes 3 days per week.

One regular blood donation will drop your HCT back into range. Generally, it will drop 2-3% each time, and 1 point for hemoglobin.

Double red donation can drop it by 6% and can hit your endurance hard for up to 8 weeks so i don't recommend it.

You NEED to incorporate cardio into your routine if you care about health, there is no better medicine than exercise. It will also help make up for your very poor HDL levels.

I would do at least 30 minutes , x 3 per week. You can do 10 mins HIIT and 20 mins light jog or walk. HIIT and light cardio both have different effects on the heart and vascular system. HIIT makes your heart stronger and more efficient at pumping blood. Steady state cardio makes your heart more effective at filling up and being more flexible.

At your age, i would start keeping an eye on IGF-1. I know 20 year olds with IGF-1 levels of a 50 year old. Some people by the age of 37 already have suboptimal levels that will age you quicker, so starting GH replacement before it starts to take it's toll is an option

Thanks, i will look into that i attached vitals...

Your temp is very low, have you ever looked at thyroid levels.

and not "TSH" that's is not a thyroid hormone. It's a pituitary hormone like LH/FSH.

The medical practice of looking at TSH only and ignoring Free T4 and Free T3 is like looking only at LH and ignoring total & free testosterone. TSH is a pituitary peptide hormone, not a thyroid hormone.

I know patients with PERFECT TSH and garbage Free T4/Free T3 levels that needed treatment. They had levels worse than diagnosed patients.

do you happen to know the reason why in europe the cutoff for hct is 55% and in US it seems to be 50?
i was @47,9 or something like that when i did bw 2 weeks ago. For US standards, this would already be @ the upper end. For EU standards it was middle of the range
There is no set reference range. Each lab tends to use their own reference values. Highest I've seen in European countries is 52, but some labs in EU have a 49 cutoff. So it's somewhat arbitrary. It's important to note though that the reference range is based on the general population. Given that the average male in Europe has low test and is not physically fit, their typical HCT value will be lower than for an athlete with high-normal test levels. Ideally we would like to compare our blood values to other healthy and fit individuals, but that's not how it works currently.

The general consensus with experts and patients is that 51% is around the long-term safeish level.

When you go over that, many start to experience symptoms like shortness of breath, headache, flushed face and high BP.

It's something of a controversial subject, but whenever i get over 51%, i start feeling poorly and get the symptoms. Endurance also takes a hit. My cardiovascular endurance is optimal in the high 40's/low 50s. Low 40s/high 50s has the opposite effect. I know some people in the 60s who don't "feel it" but when they get a phlebotomy, the blood has a very hard time coming out. That can't be good inside your body.

It's likely different for elite athletes like Lance Armstrong who have incredibly powerful and efficient hearts/vascular systems that can likely handle this thick blood much better than your typical gym bro who doesn't do cardio.

High HCT increases sheer forces in the vasculature which can increase the risk of atheroslerosis, it has also been linked to poorer insulin sensitivity due to affecting how the muscles can interact with the blood, higher risk of clotting and poorer circulation due to blood thickness.

Last edited:
$20 a month is too expensive? Lol that’s @ 1g a day if you’re taking 500mg a day then it’s $10 a month... Plenty of bloodwork and studies showing its worth..

Other than that I agree with the above, except the Creatinine being normally high for big/muscular guys, not because I have some info to disagree with it but because I’ve never heard that before (although it could be because of the workout the day before as well) and was wondering if you had any info to support that?

There’s other much cheaper things that I’d rather use, just my opinion for me and not anyone else.

As far as creatinine a google search will turn up every reference you need. It’s a product of creatine breakdown which is trends in proportion to muscle mass.

From the national kidney foundation “Creatinine is a waste product that comes from the normal wear and tear on muscles of the body.” Or ask any doc

There’s other much cheaper things that I’d rather use, just my opinion for me and not anyone else.

As far as creatinine a google search will turn up every reference you need. It’s a product of creatine breakdown which is trends in proportion to muscle mass.

From the national kidney foundation “Creatinine is a waste product that comes from the normal wear and tear on muscles of the body.” Or ask any doc

Also, if you are pounding down pounds of meat, you are getting your creatine stores filled up pretty well.

Accurate statement. It may at times throw off a calculated GFR which is important to know. Whats also probably the best indicator is a CHANGE in creatinine level despite not a significant change in muscle mass. If yours bumps up to 1.5 and ur still at 218lbs then id be a bit more concerned if you are not taking a creatine product.

My creatinine levels personally sit at about 1.3 for the last 10 years and will drop down to about 1.1 if i drop 15lbs of muscle mass. My renal function is fine.

I also use atorvastatin for prevention despite my lipids being extremely good. Strong family history.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity