over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on pasta

Dvo36

Registered
Who here eats pasta regularly? I’m trying a cup a night plain with ground Turkey meatballs. I’ve only done it for 2 weeks but weight has maintained. I do all the chicken and rice, fish and eggs earlier so I need something new at night. This replaced my large bowl of Kashi which had too much sugar.

Who here eats pasta regularly? I’m trying a cup a night plain with ground Turkey meatballs. I’ve only done it for 2 weeks but weight has maintained. I do all the chicken and rice, fish and eggs earlier so I need something new at night. This replaced my large bowl of Kashi which had too much sugar.

Pasta is better evening than rice, rice`s GI index is 74 and pasta`s 49.

I found egg noodles or rice noodles to be easier on my stomach/digestion on carb days, much less heavy than regular pastas.

i go through phases with all my food. some months i will only eat pasta and others its noodles or rice.

One of the old school coaches a friend uses approves potatoes on a diet while pasta and rice are not permitted.

I looove pasta.

The only reason I don't eat more of it is because I can add many more seasonings and sauces to jasmine rice than I can with pasta.
Pasta doesn't give me as many options as rice does.

Basically I stick to kids cereal, white rice/COR and bagels.

Pasta is my favorite food next to pizza, but it's horrible for my stomach and I only eat it once a year.

Growing up in an Italian household I had it every day growing up..... now I can't even look at the shit... so many other options I prefer other than pasta

Great carb source if you can handle the gluten. Potatoes are great as well. Bodybuilders seriously overeat on the rice and 'chikan' and undereat on all of the other great food choices available to them.

GI is irrelevant when you’re not eating it in isolation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and a fasted state. all that GI index bullshit was done 1 food at a time after hours and hours of no food.
total nonsense. no food is bad. none.

I love pasta and used to eat massive amounts of it. I don't eat it as much as I did but a few times per week most of the year. The issue with pasta is I eat far too large portions and would have 150g+ carbs per meal at times. With rice 80g carbs worth is more than enough for me.

Growing up in an Italian household I had it every day growing up..... now I can't even look at the shit... so many other options I prefer other than pasta

Similar situation, I ate so much in my youth its hard for me to eat all the time in my adult life.

The only thing I want to know is why eat a calorie dense food with so little nutritional value.??

I'd personally rather eat fruit , yams and beans as a carb source than pasta or rice.

The only thing I want to know is why eat a calorie dense food with so little nutritional value.??

I'd personally rather eat fruit , yams and beans as a carb source than pasta or rice.

The only argument is taste/pleasure. But with the pasta, I find something curious, I never feel full and I feel that it triggers my insulin levels more than anything else, including sweets.

GI is irrelevant when you’re not eating it in isolation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it isn't. That's flat nonsense.

GI still gives you an indicator of the overall effect on blood sugar.

Let's say you had a sample meal of chicken, avocado, broccoli... and a 100g of a carb source.

That carb could be:
A) beans
B) pasta
C) White rice
D) Bowl of sugar

Obviously, the sugar or white rice is going to give a larger insulin and blood sugar response than the other 2.

If taken in ISOLATION, the sugar will give a greater blood sugar spike than the other carbs, if they are also taken in isolation.

When eaten with a mixed meal, the proteins and fats are going to blunt the blood sugar response from any added carbs. However, you should not interpret that to meal that your carb source or GI are irrelevant.

chicken, avocado, broccoli, and pasta will give a lower total GI than chicken, avocado, broccoli, and sugar.

No it isn't. That's flat nonsense.

GI still gives you an indicator of the overall effect on blood sugar.

Let's say you had a sample meal of chicken, avocado, broccoli... and a 100g of a carb source.

That carb could be:

A) beans

B) pasta

C) White rice

D) Bowl of sugar

Obviously, the sugar or white rice is going to give a larger insulin and blood sugar response than the other 2.

If taken in ISOLATION, the sugar will give a greater blood sugar spike than the other carbs, if they are also taken in isolation.

When eaten with a mixed meal, the proteins and fats are going to blunt the blood sugar response from any added carbs. However, you should not interpret that to meal that your carb source or GI are irrelevant.

chicken, avocado, broccoli, and pasta will give a lower total GI than chicken, avocado, broccoli, and sugar.

Are you referring to the GL = glycemic load?

That would be the appropriate gauge to monitor when not consuming carbs in isolation.

Carb preparation also has an effect on the GI in isolation. For instance cooking rice, pasta, potato then cooling it and eating it cold. As well as further repeating that process another 1-2 times will further reduce the GI

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws