over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on shakes replacing food

it's probably a good call to eat your food instead of drink it when dieting for the sake of killing off the appetite and not being tempted to cheat.

whats the difference between a store-bought meal replacement shake, vs a homemade shake, vs putting whole food in a processor with some agua, then drinking that like a shake?
also, do u actually shake protein shakes? i stir mine.
i use protein stirs.

If it's actually legit whey (80+ bound protein) yes.
The only difference is digestion time. If you wanna mimic certain meats add fats/fiber with your shakes.

It's lliterally no different...its liquid food that you must modify to mimic absorption/digestion.
I'm sorry but these "I'm more full in muscle" and yada yada claimers. Lol. Guess what happens when you eat chicken vs a chicken shake...digestion times change and that's all.

You retards arnt using the hulk and/or Deadpool shaker cups. That’s the main problem

You retards arnt using the hulk and/or Deadpool shaker cups. That’s the main problem
Hulk shaker cups reduce callogen synthesis by 48%. Oh, and they show you have the mental capacity of a 13 year old.

What sorts of protein sources did he have u rotate?

Slice, it was very specific to timing along the day also. Eggs, then turkey, cod, chicken, (workout), cod, then a combo of eggs/chicken. My supps were also timed according to meals. Only 5 meals on non-training days

And yes, it most definitely created a different visual/effect/feeling. Am not a newbie to this, and am sensitive to change. Responded very well, was taking pics every day for my coach last couple of weeks. Digestion improved big time, as did energy and ability to train. Powders are nutrients, processed ones..., but not food.

Last edited:
Wether it's food or shakes it's broken down by the digestive process into basic amino acids for uptake into your body! It's a state of mind. Your body does not know or care how the amino acids got there. It will utilize them as needed.

Well it's been 10yrs since I went from not lifting at 202 pds to 250lbs.
I was 235 lbs @ 5% just before quiting at 30 yrs old.
Winters I have time to eat more solid food and time to relax and digest.
I peak at 265 doin nothing but lifting.
Summers working like a Madman shakes are huge. I use mainly Iso and never feel full which for me is Great especially when trying to consume 5 of them by 2 o'clock!
Normally adds up to 300 gms of protein and 300 carbs...

did you compete?

Wether it's food or shakes it's broken down by the digestive process into basic amino acids for uptake into your body! It's a state of mind. Your body does not know or care how the amino acids got there. It will utilize them as needed.

You must also believe in IIFYM ... lmao if you believe that all things are equal.

did you compete?

Every Weekend! lol.
Have not lost in 10yrs either...
Even in my Gym I win every time...
Must be were I live....People can hide behind cloths 9mnths a year and cant recover...lol

Shakes are fine to supplement your food intake in order to meet your daily goals. When given a choice - I always prefer food.

Replaced half my meals with whey iso. years ago. The result- flatter stomach, less bloat in the midsection.

I know quite a few guys who have that semi pregnant look with abs b/c they are constantly bombing there digestive with whole food around the clock.

Every Weekend! lol.
Have not lost in 10yrs either...
Even in my Gym I win every time...
Must be were I live....People can hide behind cloths 9mnths a year and cant recover...lol

what do you mean in the gym?

Im talking about bodybuilding shows ? how many? what class? name of shows and years? what places did you get? ever do nationals?

back then thats all there were like when I first started , no physique or classic physique yet

No matter what type of shake I have or what I put in it I never feel full or satisfied afterwards. I always feel like I get low blood sugar and I’m hungry. I also have a weird equilibrium imbalance but the second I eat Whole Foods no matter what it is I feel much better. And all my insulin and glucose levels are normal. I think it has to do with the digestion process of real food satisfying appetite, etc.

I'm the opposite. Shakes make me feel bloated and distended. I hate them. I take 2/day, one intra-workout shake with Peptopro, and post-workout shake just to make up my protein macros. I would suspect if one is taking 4 to 5 shakes/day they are missing out on a lot of vitamins and other needed nutrients.

Hulk shaker cups reduce callogen synthesis by 48%. Oh, and they show you have the mental capacity of a 13 year old.

I’m assuming you wouldn’t like my Batman coffee cup either...

Whey has to be be quality or I get gas. Dynamatize iso 100, true nutrition or synthapure I have zero issues

Last edited:
Solid food, I think is best, The slower rate of digestion allows for a slow release of nutrient that are absorbed by a drip like process over a longer period of time. Digestion of solid foods also consumes calories. A former Ms olympia once told me she liked to eat her meal and do cardio shortly after as she felt between the digestion and motion she would burn more calories and digest the meal quicker.

That being said, its not always appealing or convenient to eat 6 meals a day from solid foods source.
Whole food shakes are a GREAT way of getting a meal in.
Partial whole food shakes where a protein powder with say oat meal, olive oil etc...are blended is also good.

And sometimes, you just have no other choice so you take a shake...
Now the idea is not to replace more that 1 or 2 of your meals with a shake and try not to have them follow each other without a solid meal in between.

I would suspect if one is taking 4 to 5 shakes/day they are missing out on a lot of vitamins and other needed nutrients.

But that is going on the notion you replace full meals with just protein shakes. So instead of beef, sweet potatoe and greens you literally have just have whey isolate which wouldn't make sense. What if you were to eat the the rest but drink the protein source. There are simple ways of loading shakes full of nutrients and also decreasing the speed they are digested. For the above meal you could even use beef isolate and sweet potatoe powders and blend them with real greens and maybe a spoon of olive oil as well.

There aren't that many vitamins and minerals in most meats such as plain chicken breast. Replacing just chicken breast with whey isolate is not going to have you missing out on vitamins and minerals. One could follow a diet loaded in vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and essential fats and still have protein powder every meal.

Although as I stated earlier in the thread I think shakes are a good supplement so I am not recommending them every meal but if some can't stomach meat for example they could replace it with different powders and still reach their bodybuilding goals. Right now I am eating meat at most twice daily (the other week 1 time max) and the rest of my meals are cottage cheese or whey isolate and loads of essential amino acids between meals.

But the gamma radiation in the Hulk Cup will turn you into a big green muscular freak.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws