over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts on shakes replacing food

It depends on what we mean by a shake.. If it's just a whey shake and your running that in place of solid food then no.. There is essentially no nutrients in whey shakes.. Protein yes.. Vits and minerals no..

When I owned my gyms I did a lot of shakes.. But they were usually meal replacements that had some variety of Vits and mi reals or a shake that had whole food in it.. Breakfast was usually a met Rx shake ( or Labrada shake) with skim milk and a banana mixed in.. Then Id have a lunch .. Mid afternoon before my workout id do another met RX or Labrada with maybe 1/2 cup of oats and some peanut butter mixed.. Then a dinner... And before bed a milk egg whey shake ... I did stay lean and looked good.. So again if it's a plain shake then no.. If we are adding solid food nutrients to it and just replacing our protein source with whey egg ECT powder then yes.. It can be useful..

It's probably just the sodium they inject especially chicken (but also fish, meat, ...) with that makes one look fuller on whole food.

cost

I see that you mention cost as a factor, not having much money while being in grad school. I think for the most part drinking a good quality protein shake is going to cost more than just eating something like chicken or lean beef.

I have been wondering this myself lately.

For breakfast I have been doing a shake of:
Oats
Egg whites
ISO protein
Peanut butter
Banana

Easy and fast way to get in 1400 calories.

I have been wondering this myself lately.

For breakfast I have been doing a shake of:
Oats
Egg whites
ISO protein
Peanut butter
Banana

Easy and fast way to get in 1400 calories.

Besides clearing rooms for the next few hrs, whats the issue?

There is no issue.

Oh, well you said you were wondering. Wondering whether or not its a viable alternative? I would say yes, i usually do two meals food then one shake meal and alternate like that all day to give my stomach a break

Oh, well you said you were wondering. Wondering whether or not its a viable alternative? I would say yes, i usually do two meals food then one shake meal and alternate like that all day to give my stomach a break
Im always trying to put on weight (pref lean muscle) and as a hard gainer I need a lot of calories. So shakes are a much easier way to get a lot of calories in especially with a shake like I listed above that’s 1400 calories.

I usually do 2-3 shakes like that, 2-3 solid meals.

Im always trying to put on weight (pref lean muscle) and as a hard gainer I need a lot of calories. So shakes are a much easier way to get a lot of calories in especially with a shake like I listed above that’s 1400 calories.

I usually do 2-3 shakes like that, 2-3 solid meals.
I do something similar for breakfast(lazy).

1 scoop beef protein isolate
1 scoop iso 100
1 scoop casein
100g carbs worth of rice chex cereal

Mix the protein w either water or almond milk and pour over chex

I do 1 cup egg whites, 1 scoop whey iso, 120 grams white rice flour cooled for 1 minute 10 seconds in the microwave with 120 grams orange juice, 1-2 tbl avocado oil. Blend it all up and let cool in the fridge. I drink 2-3 a day. 50 grams of protein, 110 grams of carbs, 14-28 grams of fat

As long as I get in 2-4 solid meals per day, I have no issues drinking 2-3 shakes per day, especially if I have a busy schedule. I've done it a ton of times. I usually have powdered oats mixed in, and then either water, almond milk or milk depending on my goals.

I normally drink two shakes a day. A iso/whey blend before workout and micellar casein before bed. The rest of calories are whole food. I workout in the evenings.

About half my meals are egg whites. Mixed with whole Fairlife. It honestly never gets old and I really enjoy it. Zero stomach or gas issues. I haven't had protein powders in years and I don't miss them at all.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131