over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

thoughts on this home gym

engbulldog

Registered
As some of you know I workout at home due to my work hrs and there are no good gyms around me so I've been spinning my wheels with some dumbbells and and a few low quality benches and seated calf machine and a POS lat pull down.
I'm looking at a POWERTEC (wb-ms14) leverage home gym, has anyone see or used it???

Thanks for your input
engbulldog

just watched a youtube video on it.. seems pretty solid for what you are looking for..

I myself have also been considering something like this.. I have a gym but this would add about an hour extra to everyday.. which is a ton right now!

Jethro, from what I remember, built a huge ass gym in his house. Maybe ask him. Not sure if he had a multi machine like that one or if it was all just regular gym stuff, I can't remember.

Im not a fan of those but that's just me. I also have always belonged to a gym so I never had to buy equipment.

I think if you have every possible dumbbell and bench you need, and maybe a big workout ball you can almost get a full workout. You wont have lat pulldown but you can get the dip/pull up set up that also has the chair for abs and you might be good to go.

Its hard to get leg extension or lat pull down without buying one of those, so if you feel like you need it go for it. I just feel like until you try it you wont know how it feels.

I'm just getting tired of rigging stuff together to make a make shift standing calf, decline,incline rear delt and so on, I mean what I have works thus far but I know its holding me back a bit , I will never be a national level or pro but I just wanna take it as far as I can , just looking for options , and to have some thing the wife and kid can use when I'm at work, My wife needs a spotter at all times she doesn't feel safe without one:eek:

thanks for the feed back also

That looks like it could be a nice addition. What else you have ,or going to get, would make the decision easier.

I had that home gym for a year before I sold it. It's a decent machine and I got mine for a good price. It just doesn't give you the same feel as hammer strength equipment. I wouldn't only use it, but for a pump on days you can't hit the gym it's pretty good. Takes up a lot of space too so make sure you've got room.

I have just the Powertec bench and it's awesome.

Flat, decline, several choices of inclines, front press, shrugs, dips, bent rows,
and SLDL are some of the things I use it for.

Easy to adjust. It's a winner IMO!

-MT

i got the yukon fitness caribou 3 system. i like it. i can do pretty much everything i need. i still go to the gym if i get tied up in the middle of the night so i don't wake anyone up.

I'm just getting tired of rigging stuff together to make a make shift standing calf, decline,incline rear delt and so on, I mean what I have works thus far but I know its holding me back a bit , I will never be a national level or pro but I just wanna take it as far as I can , just looking for options , and to have some thing the wife and kid can use when I'm at work, My wife needs a spotter at all times she doesn't feel safe without one:eek:

thanks for the feed back also

That's one thing I noticed that was nice was the standing calf machine. Most home gyms don't have that, so it would be nice to have it. Looks like it has a cable for pull downs or for cable tri exercises as well.

How much does that cost? Looks good but i would prefer a power rack, and a dumbell set depending on how much money you have.

With a big db set/barbell and plates with a power rack youd have a lot more exercise options. Just my opinion.

It looks decent. I say if you have the room for that and some other stuff then go for it. It would be great for your wife and kid and I'm sure you can get some solid workouts in on it. You might find you'd like a few other things overtime but that's a solid start to a home gym. Let us know if you go for it. I'm interested in starting a home gym later this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh man I hate these things. Power rack with pullup bars built in, set of adjustable dumbells and a single cable machine is all you need IMO.

Don't know if it helps but there's a channel on Youtube, where Lee Priest have a ton of videos testing Powertec machines (and other brands).

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3g6isgZShtLsfpY-MBawmw

Maybe you can have a better idea of the quality of that brand. Personally i think Barbarian Line is superior, but not sure if that's available on the US (it's a German brand).

As some of you know I workout at home due to my work hrs and there are no good gyms around me so I've been spinning my wheels with some dumbbells and and a few low quality benches and seated calf machine and a POS lat pull down.
I'm looking at a POWERTEC (wb-ms14) leverage home gym, has anyone see or used it???

Thanks for your input
engbulldog
I built a pretty good home gym over the last decade, it's in my garage and to be honest it doesn't get used as much as I would like.
The place I work has a huge gym nobody goes to literally 3 floors down in the lower level so I train there most nights after work, weekends are busy and sometimes I will go out and do cardio on the stepper or on Saturdays a late workout at 8 pm or so.
Your case may be different as it's the only option you have at the moment.

here is a list:

Ironmaster - Strength Multiplied
check out ironmaster - I have one with all the attachments lat pull seated row leg press plate leg curl leg ext preacher curl bench etc... and 3 sets of their dumbells with the 120 lb add on kit.

I also have a body solid power rack and seated calf
adjustable incline flat bench
Olympic EZ Curl
Short Olympic Straight Bar
Long Olympic straight power bar -weighs 55 lbs
Olympic Triceps bar
Neck harness
V-Bar
Seated row bar
Ironmind thick handled dumbells Olympic-style thick-handled dumbbell bars - IronMind-www.ironmind-store.com
40 ten lb plates
20 five lb plates
16 45 lb plates
8 35 lb plates
t-bar row platform with lat blaster bar Body Solid Lat-Blaster Bar

a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff too....with rubber matting on the floor

The powertech stuff is good, you could probably get really good work outs with it and a power rack and an adjustable bench and dumbells and some bars and free weights.
Most of all you can call it your own and it's your own little man cave.
I cherish a lot of work outs I have had in there, many were in the hot summer and I have to huge fans blowing the air around and in the winter a propane blast heater and my head still steams lol.
Today worked out pretty well because work was closed - ice storm- and I blasted chest shoulders and tris and did cardio in my garage.

One huge advantage that I enjoyed when I was training a lot heavier and more intense was the fact that you could immediately start to cool down, slam some powo food or drink and then I would even towel off and take a 15 minute "nap" to help recoup then get up shower and eat another meal all with in an hour after training. I remember making my best gains back then on just about every bodypart.

good luck and holler back if you need any feed back on products above.

Don't know if it helps but there's a channel on Youtube, where Lee Priest have a ton of videos testing Powertec machines (and other brands).

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3g6isgZShtLsfpY-MBawmw

Maybe you can have a better idea of the quality of that brand. Personally i think Barbarian Line is superior, but not sure if that's available on the US (it's a German brand).

priest likes ironmaster too -
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Cpt9Z45qY"]Ironmaster IM2000 Smith Machine with Lee Priest - YouTube[/ame]

Id get free weight olympic set w/ extra plates bench and power rack FIRST..then dumbells hyper ext...maybe a legpress/covertable hack machine..Everthing u need to grow and then in time can add some machines u can pick up on sale online occasionally Power rack is the most imp imo can safley bench by urself/squat and do lockouts ect

I have just the Powertec bench and it's awesome.

Flat, decline, several choices of inclines, front press, shrugs, dips, bent rows,
and SLDL are some of the things I use it for.

Easy to adjust. It's a winner IMO!

-MT

Ive used the POWERTEC bench on several occasions and did like it.

I know a lady selling this exact set up. New they go from 1000-1500.. It was her ex husband's and she said its just collecting dust. i might offer her a few hundred And throw it in my basement

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131