over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Thoughts??

Hardest thing in the world to do is gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously. Body prefers to do one or the other.

Chris, do you think if you stayed at 270 for longer than an off season, lets say 18 months straight (skipping your annual diet for a show), do you think you'd be able to hold on to more muscle mass for your following contest?

That's a really good question.

Chris, do you think if you stayed at 270 for longer than an off season, lets say 18 months straight (skipping your annual diet for a show), do you think you'd be able to hold on to more muscle mass for your following contest?

I kinda think thats the key, is to stay at the heavy weight for a while before you start to diet down

So we have this;

the knife, spoon, and fork will QUICKLY seperate the weekend wanna be bodybuilder from the true juggernauts in this game.[/QUOTE

And we have this;

"I am always hungry, offseason, contest prep, all the time! In the offseason I have to limit my meals or I'll get too fat.

Would you agree that those that do eat big and proper NEED to up the hormones to keep the nutrient partitioning favourable?

the knife, spoon, and fork will QUICKLY seperate the weekend wanna be bodybuilder from the true juggernauts in this game.

Yes!! People looking for the answer, should print that post and put it on their wall to look at everyday.

Since I discovered I had to eat clean and force food down in the off-season, I've when from Welterweight to light heavy in less than two years. And plan on being a good heavy weight in 6-8 months.

Food is the anabolic king!!!

BTW, being hungry ain't got shit to do with it. Drink some water....you'll get it down. After a few months you'll be hungry between meals, just suffer til you get there.

So we have this;

the knife, spoon, and fork will QUICKLY seperate the weekend wanna be bodybuilder from the true juggernauts in this game.[/QUOTE

And we have this;

"I am always hungry, offseason, contest prep, all the time! In the offseason I have to limit my meals or I'll get too fat.

Would you agree that those that do eat big and proper NEED to up the hormones to keep the nutrient partitioning favourable?[/QUOTE]

Not if your eating clean every meal, your body will adjust.

I've never had an offseason or even a contest prep for that matter but the whole "growing into a show" thing is definitely working for me right now. First show will be next year but I'm eating more, gaining weight and size and losing fat at the same time. Muscle is the ultimate fat burner for sure.

So we have this;

And we have this;

Would you agree that those that do eat big and proper NEED to up the hormones to keep the nutrient partitioning favourable?[/QUOTE]

Not if your eating clean every meal, your body will adjust.
in the insulin thread i made many comments about using an variety of things to be able to absorb and utilize more food, this is key to getting bigger and not becoming a lard ass. Gh use will help tremendously, if you can afford it use it, some of the Gh releasing peptides will work (but not to the degree HGH will) AAS help, carb cuttoffs help, offseason cardio help, a small amount of T3 will help, intense training will help, green tea extract and other fat burners will help, how you structure your diet will help ( try and be a fat burner and not a sugar burner). so many things will help you get larger while staying leaner, you need to UTILIZE them! if your going to eat like a beast you want to use as much of that food as humanly possible to go to muscular repair and growth, any way you can use more calories and increase protein synthesis needs to be utilized.

:lightbulb: :lightbulb: :lightbulb:

I kinda think thats the key, is to stay at the heavy weight for a while before you start to diet down

thats my opinion, you got hope on the scale one day and it say 260 "ok i am finally there i'll diet tomorrow and expect anything" i think you have to grow into your weight and get used to it before it really means anything.

So we have this;

in the insulin thread i made many comments about using an variety of things to be able to absorb and utilize more food, this is key to getting bigger and not becoming a lard ass. Gh use will help tremendously, if you can afford it use it, some of the Gh releasing peptides will work (but not to the degree HGH will) AAS help, carb cuttoffs help, offseason cardio help, a small amount of T3 will help, intense training will help, green tea extract and other fat burners will help, how you structure your diet will help ( try and be a fat burner and not a sugar burner). so many things will help you get larger while staying leaner, you need to UTILIZE them! if your going to eat like a beast you want to use as much of that food as humanly possible to go to muscular repair and growth, any way you can use more calories and increase protein synthesis needs to be utilized.

:headbang: Yes everything he said...I've just backed off the amount of AAS and kept the same amount of G (He said up the hormones)...but your right, I made it to simple

Last edited:

I agree, reach your weight and HOLD your weight, the longer you hold it the better i think, and also the way you diet has a lot to do with it, diet much longer and decrease calories less, as in slight calorie decreases. I think so many people decrease calories too much and turns the body into "panic mode". diet long and SLOW is the key, you will retain much more muscle that way. I had a talk with a certain IFBB pro over the USA weekend and this is what he told me I need to do.

for guys trying to pile on some muscle, it makes sense to me to skip a competitive year to grow, hold, and come down slowly.

Last edited:
That's a really good question.

I would say yeah, I think if I wouldve stay in the 270-280lbs range for over a year or even 6-9 months I couldve held it much better coming down...the reason I didnt is that I always felt like hell that heavy...My B.P. was high, I was winded, ect, ect...Plus, I just didnt like the way I looked...(I was younger, and not married :p) So at the time I aways wanted to look impressive...but now if I could do it (I cant really, because of my health) I would get heavy, (Like Kevin Jordan) and stay there for a year, before coming down...and see If I could hold on to it...Just to experment to see if that was the key for me...

I agree, reach your weight and HOLD your weight, the longer you hold it the better i think, and also the way you diet has a lot to do with it, diet much longer and decrease calories less, as in slight calorie decreases. I think so many people decrease calories too much and turns the body into "panic mode". diet long and SLOW is the key, you will retain much more muscle that way. I had a talk with a certain IFBB pro over the USA weekend and this is what he told me I need to do.

for guys trying to pile on some muscle, it makes sense to me to skip a competitive year to grow, hold, and come down slowly.

right.......so this goes back to whole reason for this thread

you could say diet longer and slower
or you could say (this is my case) stay in shape all year
that way you wont have to go into "panic mode"
your already there so to speak

by stay in shape...... i mean 10% or under

I don't like to put "numbers" on offseason eating. the mirror is all that is needed. 10% on you may look a lot different that 10% on me, depending on how much muscle we carry and how we distribute bodyfat genetically. I think most people "skew" the phrase ...stay in shape all year... and end up fucking themselves out of some good growth. EAT TO GROW and let the MIRROR be your "JUDGE and EXECUTIONER"! ;)

LOL and tenny how many times have you heard someone tell you "hey im 7%" and they are more like 15%? people aren't good at judging bodyfat by numbers anyways..LOL now if you going to go out and get tested several times during your offseason then well bravo thats a different story.

Last edited:
I don't like to put "numbers" on offseason eating. the mirror is all that is needed. 10% on you may look a lot different that 10% on me, depending on how much muscle we carry and how we distribute bodyfat genetically. I think most people "skew" the phrase ...stay in shape all year... and end up fucking themselves out of some good growth. EAT TO GROW and let the MIRROR be your "JUDGE and EXECUTIONER"! ;)

your right about the genetics playing the role
as ive said before.....its hard for me personally
to get over 9, 10%:eek:.....even if i eat like complete crap

although i did do it once 268 all time high, probley close to 20%

lol...i was making shakes with half and half!!!:rolleyes:
and having double cheeses like it was my last day on earth
i just felt and looked like shit

but even now (alot older and wiser) off season high is 245 to 255 at 9-10%
eating whatever i want.....when i want

lol.....dont hate me

The latter route makes sense if you are happy with the amount of mass you've accumulated, and aren't planning to go up a weight class for your next show. If you're looking to put on a ton of LBM, and come in say 15-20 lbs above your stage weight from the previous year, it's going to be really difficult while staying below 10%. Dusty made huge strides by going up near 300 lbs in the off season, but this year he plans to stay below 10% because he's now fine tuning things. He wasn't out-sized by anyone at the USAs, but he needs more mass in certain areas. He made a post at IM to that effect, but if I misinterpreted it hopefully he chimes in.

yes!!!!

i would love to hear from dusty on this one

:)

The latter route makes sense if you are happy with the amount of mass you've accumulated, and aren't planning to go up a weight class for your next show. If you're looking to put on a ton of LBM, and come in say 15-20 lbs above your stage weight from the previous year, it's going to be really difficult while staying below 10%. Dusty made huge strides by going up near 300 lbs in the off season, but this year he plans to stay below 10% because he's now fine tuning things. He wasn't out-sized by anyone at the USAs, but he needs more mass in certain areas. He made a post at IM to that effect, but if I misinterpreted it hopefully he chimes in.

exactly. once you have the mass then staying leaner and adding makes alot more sense. however when starting out and needing t add slabs of meat unless ure planning on taking 10 years to do it you need to eat big and get big

So we have this;

If i agreed with this post any more strongly i would do a backflip. Thumbs up for B-boy

Last edited:
Lenny...........first of all........you are smart , have done well for yourself , and are one of the coolest guys here on pm.......you are humble ,yet driven........driven ,not obsessed......you contribute, yet still want to learn......I have some good ideas for you ........I am no one special......and I am not some guru.....but I was brought up in this activity by Dante and cover my bases pretty thoughly.....if you want to trade some ideas ,pm me ......I'll shoot you my number and we can chat........maybe write me an outline of what all you are doing to achieve your current goals and what exactly they are......

And on a final note , Tenny.......your posts kick ass period end of story.......they are brief , honest , to the point , and have a ton of substance .[ you must an east coast guy or maybe english .........there is truth and justice in your every post ] Glad you are here.......I learn from everything you share here ......

:eek: ???? :confused: :confused:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity