over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Time off after competition, TRT or PCT?

saffire

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For all competitor here, what's your protocol after competition? if you know your next competition is in 6-7 months again...

I'm after 2 competition this year and hard cycle, so now is time for break and rest...i was thinking on staying on low test dose(150-200mg?) for 10+ weeks, then start prep with "bulk" cycle

whats your protocol after competition? do you stay on low test dose or do pct and then continue with "fresh" receptors for better "growing" or trt dose?

For all competitor here, what's your protocol after competition? if you know your next competition is in 6-7 months

If you are serious about your next show in 6 months, doing PCT is a bad idea in my opinion. If blood work is fine and I want to move up a class in weight etc, I would jump back to bulking cycle. If I am one day happy with my size and choose to mantain most of it, then I will go on TRT and blast 16 weeks out from the next show.

For very serious competitors who plan on competing nationally and have a chance at placing well.. TRT for sure assuming your health is relatively in order.

A very good and popular coach once told me... people have this idea that they are healthier once they "come off". This may be true months after but if you only come off for let's say 8 weeks, you haven't really recovered. You'll most likely have extremely low testosterone which is known to have it's own negative consequences which could be thought of as more stressful on the body as well as sacrificing hard earned muscle in the process.

I tend to agree with this myself.

To many factors to give a strait answer.

How old are you

What do your labs look like right now

What is your plan for the off season

How old are you

^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^

me , im 45 and killed my test years ago . I do a show the run trt dose for a few months then a bulk blast and then into prep depending on my show schedule

How old are you

- 26, started lifting in 15...first show was 6 years ago

- i will do labs in one week, last time everything was fine only problem with HDL levels, but should be fine after taking everything off and staying on just test...

- my plan was do pct for health purpose and maybe see where my natural test levels are now?, but dont know if its worth for that 10 weeks...
otherwise trt (100-200mg test) for 10 - 12 weeks and then start light cycle with test/deca and changing low dose compounds until start heavy pre contest cycle (12 weeks out)

You are still young so there is a good chance that you will rebound you natural test levels in time with the proper PCT.

Personally if you are going to compete again next year and plan to grow this off season I would just drop the test down to 200mg and stick with that for several weeks , see where you body will drop down to. Adjust your diet for the aging phase and slowly increase the hormones while increasing nutrition to slowly grow and stay as healthy as possible

You are still young so there is a good chance that you will rebound you natural test levels in time with the proper PCT.

Personally if you are going to compete again next year and plan to grow this off season I would just drop the test down to 200mg and stick with that for several weeks , see where you body will drop down to. Adjust your diet for the aging phase and slowly increase the hormones while increasing nutrition to slowly grow and stay as healthy as possible

thank you sir! I think thats would be my best choice,

last question should i drop HGH too or run it all year?

with trt maybe 3ius/day max or should i come off and make receptors more "fresh" in next run

I would not do either PCT or TRT. I would drop all oral drugs and run test and one androgen at 20% lower than you had been running and use clean food to slowly put on quality mass during the post show rebound period. At your age, depending on your goals, and if your health is good, Go to TRT 4-6 weeks after the show. Don't eat crap during this period. Go back to clean off season eating. I know that is hard but you will thank me for it at your next show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, slowly titrate down off of any fat burners, Clen, T3, etc. I would not recommend stopping cold turkey.

I would not do either PCT or TRT. I would drop all oral drugs and run test and one androgen at 20% lower than you had been running and use clean food to slowly put on quality mass during the post show rebound period. At your age, depending on your goals, and if your health is good, Go to TRT 4-6 weeks after the show. Don't eat crap during this period. Go back to clean off season eating. I know that is hard but you will thank me for it at your next show.

adding to HCG and HGH for TRT too?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear