over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Time to get this off my chest!

Here is a link to the parillo bench. He had one with uprights too for use with a barbell.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2224651&d=1261722954

Best benches around.

Maldorf, I think that a low incline is a great press. When I do have clients using inclines, we use a low step underneath a bench to give it about a 15-20degree incline. The problem with lots of incline bench's are that the angle is too steep and can border on being more of a shoulder press than an incline.

Maldorf, I think that a low incline is a great press. When I do have clients using inclines, we use a low step underneath a bench to give it about a 15-20degree incline. The problem with lots of incline bench's are that the angle is too steep and can border on being more of a shoulder press than an incline.

Hell yes, this is the truth. MOst inclines are way too steep. What I used to have to do was put an adjustable incline, like what you would use for dumbells, inside of a power rack and use the rack to hold the barbell. I was able to set the bench on the lowest setting and it was ok. You still have to really arch your back though to get the shoulders in the right postion. That was the magic of the parillo bench. Even if you had terrible form and had no idea how to arch the back and position the body, the bench did the work for you and gave the experienced lifter more support. Just an awesome bench.

Hell yes, this is the truth. MOst inclines are way too steep. What I used to have to do was put an adjustable incline, like what you would use for dumbells, inside of a power rack and use the rack to hold the barbell. I was able to set the bench on the lowest setting and it was ok. You still have to really arch your back though to get the shoulders in the right postion. That was the magic of the parillo bench. Even if you had terrible form and had no idea how to arch the back and position the body, the bench did the work for you and gave the experienced lifter more support. Just an awesome bench.

I will check it out. Sounds good.

The best incline bench I have ever used was one created by John Parillo. The pad was curved, to help get that arch in your back and get your shoulders in the right position. The angle was nice and low and the bench pad was curved.
So it put your shoulders closer to the position they would be on A FLAT BENCH!

(Haha, sorry, couldn't resist)

I feel strain in my shoulders from incline but I pay close attention to way it feels. But I also heard from many that incline and decline is all you need and the flat bench is for the ego.;)

Yea but who is going to listen to Dorian Yates over JeffD?
man dante every since the last thread talking about bench press and pec tears, well it just gave me the creeps and so i have officially retired from bench pressing, I am doing barbell inclines one week and then the next week doing what dorian said by using a bench on a step so the incline isn't as steep and doing them in the smith machine and squeezing the shit out of my chest on the extension part of the excersise.... MY GOD my chest was sore this past week after doing those :eek:

So it put your shoulders closer to the position they would be on A FLAT BENCH!

(Haha, sorry, couldn't resist)

Yes, I think you can say that. The thing is though, for some reason, it put absolutely no stress on my rotator cuff muscles! There were times that even benching the bar on flat hurt, but I could walk over to the incline and do 225 lbs plus with no pain. That bench rules! He has/or had flat benches like that too, and a decline. They all had that arch built in. I never really tried the flat bench he had.

I agree with maldorf.... I could not flat bench the bar or 135 lbs at one point without shoulder pain but could press 225 lbs+ with no pain on a slight incline. I use a military press rack with a low angle incline and say F*** flat bench.

Again I am curious to know how people warm up, there set up, and are they using a range of motion which is safe for them?

Personally Im a believer there are much better exercises for recruiting specifically the chest then any form of bench, however, if I were to pick between incline, flat and decline I would go with decline...studies show more recruitment with decline then incline and flat bench is too much front delt work. If you really want maximum recruitment go for some decline flys, greater ROM equals greater recruitment....

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity