over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Time to grow!

4/17/12

4/17/2012
188lb bloatasaurus rex
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

BTW I've been having a little too much cheating fun on the weekends so I carry alot of bloat till Thursday/Friday. I'm going to tune this down before I let it get out of hand. It seems I blow up nasty and come in back nice and tight just in time to do it again.

4/20/12 186lbs

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

What I do when I'm not in the gym or at work:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

My new Eyefinity setup
3x 23" LCD LED Backlight Monitors each running 1920x1080 pixels for a combined resolution of 5868x1080 (bezel compensation factor there*)

Diamond ATI 7970 vid
Core I5-2500k Processor 3.7ghz quad core
8gb Crucial 1600mhz ram
ASUS P8z69-Pro Gen3 Mobo
LG BluRay burner
OCZ Agility SSD HD for OpSystem
1TB Caviar Black 7200rpm HDD for games and junk

Hope to have it 100% finished off this year as next year will be all about buying some firepower ;)

Still need:
2nd 7970vid card
Custom Watercooling setup for vid card, processor, chipset, ram (plan to bump the cpu to 5ghz)
add another 2 sticks of ram for 16gb, or possibly give these sticks to my gal and go to 32gb
and maybe a second ssd for games, the speed is just wicked awesome

That is one hell of a pc :D

I am a nobody but I have a good suggestion in my eyes. Well I know your ''bloated'' due to the huge rebound. In addition to the fact I read you don't want to go too over your comp weight. But to me if you want to bulk sure stay relatively lean and don't gain unneccesary fat but your probably best changing your mindset alittle.

Your still ripped but need size so feed your body what it needs. Don't worry about losing your 6 pack etc. I can imagine it is hard when you have spent so long and so much energy getting as ripped as possible to suddenly put the weight back on so easily. But I would use this time to your advantage.

We could go on all day about what approach is best... you have guys like lenny who is phenominal on one side of the spectrum then others who get unnecessarily massive (water and fat) on the other.

In my eyes to gain optimal muscle mass you need to be in the middle (generalizing). Your gonna put on alittle fat and water but use that to your advantage. Really push the high quality calories/protein dense food and grow. Don't be scared of getting abit bloated... I think your idea of bloated is alot different to most. 2 out of 42 meals are what you want to eat... I know it's great to be disciplined but eating that way all year may be detrimental to your mentality over time. Maybe I am wrong and you need to eat that way. I just think you could probably get all the results you want and eat some nice meals in the process without restricting yourself too much.

We are all different so I could be wrong. I just have come across alot of smaller ripped guys who limit their growth potential due to the limitations they put on their diets. Not saying eat like me... I am just greedy :D

Great log so far so keep it coming. You look great in your latest pics... hopefully we can both get bigger in the next few months :)

Last edited:
What are your fav games? I love some of the classics such as Final Fnatasy VII and Vandal Hearts. I don't really play now but when I do I love dynasty warriors. We got Lewis the new Sonic on the xbox360 and that is amazing... took me back to the mega drive days :D

Holy shit thats a setup if ive ever seen one!

4/23/12 189lbs, 45mins after training chest/delts

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I've come to realize that I have a SERIOUS addiction to food. It is like crack or heroine to me, once I start eating even just a small portion of "cheat" food it turns into an entire day of binging on it to the point of pain (cant breath, pain in chest, stomach is so large and full its nearly impossible to go to sleep).
So I have come to the conclsion that I just simply can't have any cheat meals.

I am getting my mind back in that contest zone and sticking the the straight and narrow path. I wan't to be a bodybuilder after all not a sumo...

This gives you an idea of what happens with me and food:

Friday, I'm on diet 100% perfect, Louzee is preparing for her weigh ins and just finishes cooking all her great goodies. She leaves the house to weight in, I stay at home. I sneak into the kitchen and see she had a bite of a brownie so I thought I'd lend a hand and finish it off.

Note this is all around 4pm*
1 brownie turns to 3 brownies, which then turns to 3 of some other amazing concoction (peanut butter inside chocolate outside, like a homemade Reese's). Then 3 oreo truffles.

Then she gets back around 6pm
Now I go in for the kill for real:
1 huge slice of Enchilada stack
about 2 cups of jasmine rice and a ton of bourbon chicken
1 huge bowl of fully loaded baked potato soup with cheddar cheese and bacon strips crumbled on top
ANOTHER 2 brownies, 2 oreo truffles, 2 homemade reese's*

Then back for thirds
1 last huge slice of Enchilada stack
another cup of Jasmine rice and ton of bourbon chicken
and FINALLY 1 last brownie, oreo truffle, and reese's.....

All of this food spanned a window of maybe 3-4 hours. I was in so much pain it was scary, I lay in bed still and could feel my heart pounding away.

That friday I had wokeup at 186lbs, that friday night I went to bed at 208lbs. Saturday I wokeup at 202lbs, today (tuesday 4/23/12) I am finally getting back down to 189lbs and still have a ton to get off.

I honestly just have to be on diet, on point, and all the time. Otherwise I 100% gaurantee you I could instantly transform back into my old 300+lb morbidly obese self within a matter of 3-6months.... It is a very serious problem for me and one that I can only cope with if I keep myself 100% on clean diet all the time.

-James

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel as i have the same issue. Atleast you can get contest lean, ive been at a low bf% but not contest lean because i get to 8-9 weeks and then get food crazy.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I've come to realize that I have a SERIOUS addiction to food. It is like crack or heroine to me, once I start eating even just a small portion of "cheat" food it turns into an entire day of binging on it to the point of pain (cant breath, pain in chest, stomach is so large and full its nearly impossible to go to sleep).
So I have come to the conclsion that I just simply can't have any cheat meals.

I am getting my mind back in that contest zone and sticking the the straight and narrow path. I wan't to be a bodybuilder after all not a sumo...

This gives you an idea of what happens with me and food:

Friday, I'm on diet 100% perfect, Louzee is preparing for her weigh ins and just finishes cooking all her great goodies. She leaves the house to weight in, I stay at home. I sneak into the kitchen and see she had a bite of a brownie so I thought I'd lend a hand and finish it off.

1 brownie turns to 3 brownies, which then turns to 3 of some other amazing concoction (peanut butter inside chocolate outside, like a homemade Reese's). Then 3 oreo truffles.

1 huge bowl of fully loaded baked potato soup with cheddar cheese and bacon strips crumbled on top

Then back for thirds

All of this food spanned a window of maybe 3-4 hours. I was in so much pain it was scary, I lay in bed still and could feel my heart pounding away.

That friday I had wokeup at 186lbs, that friday night I went to bed at 208lbs. Saturday I wokeup at 202lbs, today (tuesday 4/23/12) I am finally getting back down to 189lbs and still have a ton to get off.

I honestly just have to be on diet, on point, and all the time. Otherwise I 100% gaurantee you I could instantly transform back into my old 300+lb morbidly obese self within a matter of 3-6months.... It is a very serious problem for me and one that I can only cope with if I keep myself 100% on clean diet all the time.

-James

i'm the same way! i eat healthy and clean all week, then cheat on the weekends. and when i say cheat, i mean CHEAT.

friday: we went out to eat... i got garlic bread knots for an appetizer, and ate a ton of chips and salsa, then a huge pepperoni, salami, ham, and provolone stromboli, side of fries.

saturday: two ham sandwiches, 4 small cupcakes, 3 pieces of cake, a chocolate glazed donut, chips, 2 pieces of bread, peanut butter jelly sandwich.

sunday: we went to eat at a hibachi/chinese buffet. tons of sushi, egg rolls, shrimp, sesame chicken, noodles, sweet n sour chicken, garlic bread, apple pie, icecream, cheese cake, pecan sandie cookies.

once i start eating a cheat it's like i can't stop! but it doesn't effect me. i ate all that this weekend.. and weighed this morning and had lost a pound. crazy.

so i understand what you mean about just eating clean all the time or else you will slip back into what you used to be.. but i think you can allow yourself 1 cheat day every week or two, that won't hurt you..especially while you're in the offseason. you can't tell me you are going to eat a clean healthy diet 100% everyday from here on out lol..that would make someone go crazy! or it would me at least lol

cheats

I'll still have them :)

They will just be strategically placed on my calender now.

One day to myself out of every 14-20 days.
I have to put in the work before I can reap the rewords.

So pretty much major holidays that pop up, birthdays, etc.
My first one will be Mothers day next month.

I already know that a meal won't cut it for me. It will have to be a full day so I can get it out of the system then move on to the next day and be back on track.

As far as it not effecting you, it works like that for me when I'm trying to lean down, but right now I'm not on calorie deficit so it just seems to get plopped on all the wrong places.

Last edited:
4/26/2012 192lbs

Wingdinger hadn't been working as it should so decided to drop the anti-E. Face is nice and round and surely carrying a layer of water everywhere but woody-wood-peckers is back in business.

No Diet F-ups! yey, I'm so proud :)
Have a calander right beside me at my comp and I'm marking off the days till I get to enjoy some food again, have 17 more days to go (Mothers day is my next day)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I've also started running for some cardio for personal/future career reasons.
Yesterday was my first 1.5mile self run test, I managed 14min 27seconds. My personal goal is 1.5mile in 10min 30second (OR LESS) by the beginning of the year.

Training is:
Mon - Calves/Chest/Delt/Light tri
Tue - Back/Trap/Light Bi

Wed - run 1.5mile on treadmill

Thu - Calves/Legs/Abb
Fri - Tri/Bi

Sat - morning fasted cardio 30 mins low intensity
Sun - run 1.5mile on track untimed

I'm using 3-5 exercises per muscle group and 3-5 sets each exercise. For large muscles I pre-exhaust first then move into the a heavy hitter exercise.
I'm no longer going to failure, sticking to no less than 7 reps and no more than 15. Reps are very controlled and deliberate, my new motto is to FEEL the targeted muscle for each and every rep of every set. If I'm not feeling it 100% I adjust weight, speed, or rom to accommodate. I have completely left my ego at the door and am moving a fraction of the weights I use to.

On training days I do a quick 5 minute warmup on the stair stepper and a 5 minute higher intensity finisher on the stair stepper. I stay on my toes the whole time and I swear my calves are coming up already from it. The pump I get in the calves from it is insane! I have to take a solid 3-5minute break before doing legs or I am unable to get a full contraction on leg curls.

This cardio layout was just finally implemented this week so it should make for some nice visual changes in my appearance. At the very least, I will be in the proper athletic condition I need to be to take my future PT tests (well technically I beat the time already which is set at 17min 30 sec for 1.5 mile run, but I'm going all out ;) )

Last edited:
Ohh yeah

I'm working on growing out the hair. Going for a new dew

**broken link removed**

***And this Sunday I'll be doing the March of Dimes to save the kiddos***
Get to wear a goofy purple/pink Tshirt while sweating for 5 miles in Tx heat

Last edited:
Edit pics above* 4/26/2012 not so Juicy

Any hints of tan I had are completely gone now, so when the lighting is bright you see nada.
Here is some better lighting showing that I'm not a juicy juicy like those last made it appear*

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

You still look tight bro. Glad to hear your back on the diet and resisting the food, for me that was the hardest thing last year fo sure, i just couldnt help but keep cracking! And im gonna try and completely eliminate that this year

I have already come up with a rebound plan for myself, so im hoping once the weekend is over i can hop straight onto that and feel good about myself

Keep going you have everyone supporting you, always a pleasure reading your updates dude, keep it tight and keep doing what your doing!

Then back for thirds

-James

OMG. And I thought I eat a lot when cheating, not even close, probably couldn't even think about food for the next few days after that haha

;)

OMG. And I thought I eat a lot when cheating, not even close, probably couldn't even think about food for the next few days after that haha

You should see me at an all you can eat buffet.

I make the fat guys feel skinny :p

There is a reason that I once was obese hahah

4/27/12

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

R. Lee Ermey, “The Gunny”

**broken link removed**

Took 3hour 30minutes to get to this point!

Had him autograph my collectors edition Full Metal Jacket DVD and got a autographed photo of his.

I'll post up the professional photo as soon as I get my hands on it.

**broken link removed**
Best gun shop in Tx!

4/30/2012

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Don't waste your money on cheap stuff, spend the money on the real stuff once and never look back.

4/26/12
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

5/4/12
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I've been bumping my cardio up slowly as I need/want to be well conditioned cardio wise.

Mon 5 mile fasted walk
Wed 6 mile fasted walk
Fri 7 mile fasted walk

Tues Evening around 5-6pm 1 mile run
Thurs Evening around 5-6pm 1.5mile run

All of this is outside in the real world not on a treadmill, so things are much harder. I swear the running is greatly attributing to my new found leg growth. Everytime I run my calves get the craziest meanest/most painful pump. When I run I hardly ever let my heel fully touch the ground, when it does it just hurts me knees and joints so I pretty much stay on my toes as much as possible.

I am slowly leaning up a little while doing this cardio like this. Had a cheat meal the other day ago and went a little crazy again, not as bad as usual, I didn't feel like I was about to explode at the end of the day but my day's total calories did nearly hit 10k!

Here is what that cheat meal looked like (and the rest of the day):
**broken link removed**

Otherwise my good diet days are:
~4000 cals rest days, ~4500cals lifting days
roughly 40% pro/ 40% carb/ 20% fat calorie split

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads