over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

times are changing. bodybuilding vs physique

is your buddy an anomaly to this? Show me several successful physique competitors. I just don't see it at all.

Show me several successful bodybuilders...lmao

There are more physique competitors who have NORMAL jobs and make good money at them than bodybuilders, who just look like freaks to be honest and can't really do anything besides personal training. I know a bunch of other guys who have good REAL jobs.

Unless you have made a really good name for yourself to be able to charge a lot for personal training (and have tons of business) or online coaching, there is no money is bodybuilding or men's physique. However, when you aren't 270lbs, more people take you seriously and a lot more doors open.

Show me several successful bodybuilders...lmao

There are more physique competitors who have NORMAL jobs and make good money at them than bodybuilders, who just look like freaks to be honest and can't really do anything besides personal training. I know a bunch of other guys who have good REAL jobs.

Unless you have made a really good name for yourself to be able to charge a lot for personal training (and have tons of business) or online coaching, there is no money is bodybuilding or men's physique. However, when you aren't 270lbs, more people take you seriously and a lot more doors open.

I never said BBers make money either. I just don't see it in physique guys either, thats where I was getting.

I never said BBers make money either. I just don't see it in physique guys either, thats where I was getting.

They make more money simply due to the fact that: A) they are much more marketable phyisque-wise to the broader public, and B) they have opportunities outside the fitness world. It's not even close by the way.

They make more money simply due to the fact that: A) they are much more marketable phyisque-wise to the broader public, and B) they have opportunities outside the fitness world. It's not even close by the way.

I still don't see the big ballin physique guys. I'm sure your buddy is anomaly to the mass number of competitors. What exact opportunities do they have outside the physique world???

Half the guys look like extras off the goonies movie.

Physique is the future. The board shorts will disappear and total symmetry will be required. The pic in the avitar on the previous page of Frank Zane will be what the future Men's Physique Mr. Olympia will look like.

Just look how much the sport has grown in just a mere couple years. Each class at this year's USA had around 40 competitors while bodybuilding had what, a dozen maybe?

Those that are offended by this new emerging sport are insecure. The look is what women dream of in a man, not that of Kai or Big Ramy. Hahaha :)

Last edited:
I still don't see the big ballin physique guys. I'm sure your buddy is anomaly to the mass number of competitors. What exact opportunities do they have outside the physique world???

Half the guys look like extras off the goonies movie.

What opportunities? are you seriously asking that? When you don't look like a fucking gorilla you can do whatever you want. If you aren't dumb, you can have any career you want outside of the fitness world, and you still stick out a bit. A guy who is 5'10 220lbs 'offseason' sticks out in the real world, even though he may be small compared to a bodybuilder. A bodybuilder who is 5'10 270lbs+ offseason doesn't really have too many options. Sorry to say, but how you look matters. I know a hell of a lot physique competitors with 'normal' jobs than competitive bodybuilders.

And even within the fitness world, how many NORMAL men come up to an IFBB pro bodybuilder and say, hey man, i want to look just like you? I'll tell you, not many. But how many come up to a physique pro and say, wow, you have the ideal body, how do i look like you? TONS. Plus all the women who want to work with you.

The options are endless...

EDIT - I realize my "gorilla" comment may have been insensitive. I am just getting frustrated by this guy's total lack of comprehending what seems very simple to me.

Last edited:
I agree with jj. Physique is tbe future. For me its a healthier route also. I'm a bodybuilder at heart and trust me would love to be a mass monster, but for now modeling means a physique competitors body is much better for me money wise.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4

Omg, all this talk about how easily physique guys could be successful at bodybuilding if they just upped the dose is getting sooooo fucking annoying.

Physique is a half assed, dumb downed version of bodybuilding, simple as that!

Half of the amount of body parts matter, half the size is required (or less), and no posing required!

All the physique guys I know do pbysique instead because they haven't put in the time or work that bodybuilding requires. They so badly want some sort of recognition in fitness and this is the easy way to get it!

I completely respect the older guys who do physique. Priorities change, health should be the number one focus, and at some point you have to give up chasing size.

As for younger guys, do it if it makes you happy, but for God's sake quite arguing like it's somehow even comparable to bodybuilding.

Oh and btw CDJack, I personally know two of my friends who compete in physique (only because they aren't to a bodybuilding level yet which they will admit) and their OFFSEASON drug intake is over 1.5 grams. Prep is obviously even more. Quit being so damn naive

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

What opportunities? are you seriously asking that? When you don't look like a fucking gorilla you can do whatever you want. If you aren't dumb, you can have any career you want outside of the fitness world, and you still stick out a bit. A guy who is 5'10 220lbs 'offseason' sticks out in the real world, even though he may be small compared to a bodybuilder. A bodybuilder who is 5'10 270lbs+ offseason doesn't really have too many options. Sorry to say, but how you look matters. I know a hell of a lot physique competitors with 'normal' jobs than competitive bodybuilders.

And even within the fitness world, how many NORMAL men come up to an IFBB pro bodybuilder and say, hey man, i want to look just like you? I'll tell you, not many. But how many come up to a physique pro and say, wow, you have the ideal body, how do i look like you? TONS. Plus all the women who want to work with you.

The options are endless...

EDIT - I realize my "gorilla" comment may have been insensitive. I am just getting frustrated by this guy's total lack of comprehending what seems very simple to me.

'

so you are pointing out on opportunities that one person makes based on their intellect. NOT their physique. Well no shit buddy!

at the end of the day whoever makes me money is going to get hired. Could be skinny bag joe, or fat bastard moe, but whoever made me money in my company is the guy staying.

I could give two shits what that person looks like. Your fucking opinion on hiring based on looks is fucking ridiculous to me.

this whole time you made it seem like these physique competitors where making money based of their body not their fucking minds. So, if I began to look like a fucking mass monster you think Goldman Sachs will fire me??? You think they care about the shit I do outside of my job? No, they want ME to make them money.

Thanks but you pretty much proved my point that neither these physique or BBer guys make money. Yes there is anomaly to each category where a very few select will make some good cash but that is far and few.

Have you guys seen Sadik Hadzovic? The guy has the perfect body in my opinion. I have a feeling he is going to be taking it at Olympia this year.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376976114.920453.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376976133.762714.jpg

The level of stupid on this board is too much for me. I am being 100% serious when I say this...PLEASE ban me so I am never tempted to post on this forum again. It's just a huge waste of my time and I have much better things to do. There are so many things I want to say, but all of them are denigrating and not nice, so I will hold my tongue for once.

I'm out. Never to return. And glad about it. Those of you who have my website or contact info, feel free to reach out that way if you ever want to talk.

Why post then? Your feeding into them. You cant c hange peoplea mind on thw internet. Your loss leaving jmo.

hah idk dude i work at the worlds largest online fashion retailer and i got hired because of how i look. gay men and shallow women love bodybuilders. theres 2 guys here who look like physique class and they dont get half the attention i do. physique has its place for those who dont want to be huge, or cant get huge.

i know sadik he works hard as fuck and uses a lot of gear, just like anyone else.

i personally think physique has just emerged for those who cant or struggle to be body-builders, from that its gone to fitness, beach body, and eventualy the sex apeal, hopefully it stears towards a more bodybuilding orientation of the 70s/80s look bodybuilders

theres always been a number of genetic very lean guys, trim, not to broad, who look great with abit of muscle on the beach, who suite physique, and then there those guys with good muscular development genetic with anabolic use can look like classic bodybuilders, great for physique

but the thing i always remember about physique and bodybuilding (in its current state) is when ya take your shirt of, there key different reactions by people

riipped physique: people go, 'oo sexy', nice body man, or hey he looks good, man u look great, you workout?

big ripped bodybuilder: WOOOO, holy shit, groups of people turn there heads, girlfriends glint round there boyfriends or in ooo or disgust, wow, bro do you compete? can i get a photo? your fukin huge, bro your perfect, whats it take to look like that?

reality is, one looks nice, one looks wow

jus my experience, but as JJ mentioned, with the way bodybuilding going, and physique emerging, its likely physique could shift into a more body-building orientated sport about perfect symmetry

Last edited:
Omg, all this talk about how easily physique guys could be successful at bodybuilding if they just upped the dose is getting sooooo fucking annoying.

Half of the amount of body parts matter, half the size is required (or less), and no posing required!

All the physique guys I know do pbysique instead because they haven't put in the time or work that bodybuilding requires. They so badly want some sort of recognition in fitness and this is the easy way to get it!

I completely respect the older guys who do physique. Priorities change, health should be the number one focus, and at some point you have to give up chasing size.

As for younger guys, do it if it makes you happy, but for God's sake quite arguing like it's somehow even comparable to bodybuilding.

Oh and btw CDJack, I personally know two of my friends who compete in physique (only because they aren't to a bodybuilding level yet which they will admit) and their OFFSEASON drug intake is over 1.5 grams. Prep is obviously even more. Quit being so damn naive

Why can't we just respect that both groups require dedication, discipline and hardwork? I don't know about doses of pro bodybuilders or pro physique guys. But I'm sure both groups are required to train and diet hard in order to be competitive and have a shot at winning. everyone should be able to do whichever they want without having to prove their way is superior lol

Every time you post on this subject, I want to copy, paste, and blast it on my facebook.

Have you guys seen Sadik Hadzovic? The guy has the perfect body in my opinion. I have a feeling he is going to be taking it at Olympia this year.

Wow... That's amazing shit right there. Is he not too big to compete in physique though? I mean there is a huge world of difference between this guy and some of the guys I've seen in physique. He's not a monster, but by physique terms I'd think the judges would see him as overbuilt, no?

Wow... That's amazing shit right there. Is he not too big to compete in physique though? I mean there is a huge world of difference between this guy and some of the guys I've seen in physique. He's not a monster, but by physique terms I'd think the judges would see him as overbuilt, no?

No. over the past year the IFBB pros in physique are blowing up. Even the NOC competitors are much bigger. 2 years ago he would have been too big. Times are changing and people don't want to see twigs on stage anymore. If they ever switch to briefs I think there will be a lot more respect.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws