over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tips for chest development.

Ive had good results lately with a lot of rest/pause work, then a high set after the rest pause.

For example:
Incline Smith Bench: rest/pause 10/4/2, next set lighten up the weight and go for 15-20 reps slow and controlled.

3-4 exercises of this once a week has really been helping.

Three things:
-Learn proper form in pressing movements
-Stretch the muscle intensely after every workout
-Don´t overtrain

I have found that what works best for me is these three things when training chest:

1) Forget the weight. Focus on squeezing the contraction and visualize your chest contracting.

2) Pose between sets. Not a full out posedown lol, but squeezing and flexing to get blood in there.

3) Dont do more than you need to. If you take your chest training seriously and really increase the quality and intensity of the workout, it shouldnt take more than 9-12 working sets.

again, this is what works for me.

Is that a disagree? LOL

IDK thats ust what works for me. My chest has actually grown pretty well in the last year.

I cut down the volume and focused more on powerful contractions and controlling the weight and taking ample time to recover as opposed to doing everykind of flye, press, and bench I could think of and hoping something would work.

Is that a disagree? LOL

IDK thats ust what works for me. My chest has actually grown pretty well in the last year.

I cut down the volume and focused more on powerful contractions and controlling the weight and taking ample time to recover as opposed to doing everykind of flye, press, and bench I could think of and hoping something would work.
not a disagree... just a "holy crap!"

...that's a ton of work sets (unless you're doing 2-4 rep sets with a very high percentage of your 1RM.

9-12 sets of your average gym variety is a lot. But hey man, whatever works for you. Back in the day people use to do that kind of stuff all the time before HIT came along.

not a disagree... just a "holy crap!"

...that's a ton of work sets (unless you're doing 2-4 rep sets with a very high percentage of your 1RM.

9-12 sets of your average gym variety is a lot. But hey man, whatever works for you. Back in the day people use to do that kind of stuff all the time before HIT came along.

OHHHHH ok I thought you were saying more would be better.

I agree with you though. 9 is the HIGHEST I would go. And I would say most days its more like 4-5 working sets.

It seems like most guys will do 5-6 exercises for 3-5 sets each for chest. To me that is beyond overkill.

It seems like most guys will do 5-6 exercises for 3-5 sets each for chest. To me that is beyond overkill.
I see it every day... and that's not just a figure of speech. But you know, they get a very nicely toned chest that looks great at the beach or maybe they can apply for Men's Health ads. Unfortunately, they reach a point and never grow anymore nor get any stronger but dammit! they're there everyday, pumping out 6 exercises for 10 sets each for 1 bodypart.

I use to get frustrated watching it but now I just think that while they're burning 4000 kcals in the gym, they can't be sitting on their couch getting fatter or out on the street trying to sell dope to my kid.

I wish I would have had this forum when I was a youngin'. If I had a forum like this in my 20's, I'd be bigger than all you sum' beotches!

(that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it)

I see it every day... and that's not just a figure of speech. But you know, they get a very nicely toned chest that looks great at the beach or maybe they can apply for Men's Health ads. Unfortunately, they reach a point and never grow anymore nor get any stronger but dammit! they're there everyday, pumping out 6 exercises for 10 sets each for 1 bodypart.

I use to get frustrated watching it but now I just think that while they're burning 4000 kcals in the gym, they can't be sitting on their couch getting fatter or out on the street trying to sell dope to my kid.

I wish I would have had this forum when I was a youngin'. If I had a forum like this in my 20's, I'd be bigger than all you sum' beotches!

(that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it)

hah!

I have learned so much from you guys. I really appreciate all of it. I do so much lurking on here just taking in all the info.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws