over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tips for how to care less when you have OCD

Kineticmacks

Newbies
Hey guys, so I’ve been diagnosed with OCD for quite a while and I really have tried hard to be one of those guys that can just go with the flow and not pick apart everything but it’s hard. Just wondering any of you guys out there deal with similar issues or have any pointers or tricks to help. Thanks!

Smoke a lot of weed. Your butt will be glued to the couch and the only thing you will care about is what kind of toppings you want on the pizza you are about to order, and when the new Game of Thrones season starts.

i struggle with OCD

i struggle with OCD. i think it contributes to my struggle with anxiety. THC/CBD seems to do the trick for me. helps me sleep too.
-F2S

See a psychiatrist or a psychologist.

Edit: don't know where that smiley came from... must've clicked accidentally. My post was intended to be serious though.

Last edited:
Meds. Lots of meds.

I’ve avoided meds personally and see a psychiatrist and psychologist actually. A lot of it is just creating slow changes in thought process and learning how to identify patterns and training yourself to let go/redirect thought processes. Talk therapy/psychotherapy and “training” changes in thinking just like in the gym has helped me over the last several years

I seem to have it. Im getting ready for a contest. I have eight weeks, and It would have been best I didnt eat that bbq sandwich with coleslaw. Today is my birthday. I ate it.

before i ate it I thought if I don't reach my goal, which is top two in my class, its my fault. I then remember what Lee Haney and Dorian advised, as they overdid things, to lighten up and live a little.

This is a great topic/thread.
Eventually, you'll get some intelligent responses.
Between the fucktards and wannabees, there will be something worthwhile

Weed is also good for dealing with hostility issues, and overcoming being an internet tough guy.:rolleyes:

Masterbation. Lots of masterbation.

Honestly, I've had OCD all my life...bodybuilding, I believe, is a sport tailor-made for those of us with OCD. So many variables you think you have to get exactly right. It will drive you crazy if you let it.

My only suggestion is to avoid things that cause you anxiety, because anxiety always makes my OCD much worse.

Stimulants (caffeine, ephedrine, clenbuterol, yohimbine, modafinil, amphetamines, what have you) definitely have their place in bodybuilding, in getting you up for a workout and helping you diet pre-contest. But they also increase anxiety and make OCD worse. So try to limit stimulants to only what is necessary to achieve your goals. A little bit goes a long way.

Also, having healthy estrogen levels is essential for building muscle and burning fat. But if my E2 rises too high, it increases my anxiety and makes my OCD worse. So again, although I love testosterone, realize that when your test rises high, your E2 will as well if you don't keep it under control. Try to find a healthy level of E2 that allows you to build muscle, lose fat, but still keep anxiety and your OCD manageable.

Thanks for the replys guys, yeah bb’ing is perfect to scratch that ocd itch! Working on being aware when I’m overthinking is probably the biggest part. Getting it 90% right while maintaining my sanity is probably more effective than 100% while losing your mind. Plus better cortisol levels 👍🏽

Thanks for the replys guys, yeah bb’ing is perfect to scratch that ocd itch! Working on being aware when I’m overthinking is probably the biggest part. Getting it 90% right while maintaining my sanity is probably more effective than 100% while losing your mind. Plus better cortisol levels 👍🏽

I inherited OCD and have had it all my life. I’m 40. In my 20s I tried meds as I began to recognize I had it and it began to progress. I’m lucky. I’m not locking my door 3 times or a total germaphobe. Anyway I also have other issues that are more serious and requires meds I HAVE to take so like you I started looking into ways to reduce or control it.

In the end the best thing I’ve found is not to try and stop it but USE it! For some examples I clean as a means of control and people always remark about how my house looks. It also helps at work because many jobs require your area to be tidy and when most people just want to get the hell home I don’t mind it. The biggest change I made was finding work in manufacturing specifically because I’m OCD. I’m totally open with my employer (after I get the job) and say “look I am OCD. I like doing repetitive tasks for long periods of time. Oh and I’m a neat freak!” Basically I’m a supervisor wet dream. I guess what I’m getting at is try using your disadvantages to your advantage when it comes to difficult things like OCD. Working out is terrific for maintenance like was discussed and smoke um if you got em man whatever helps.

Hopefully this satisfied the ass hats complaining about the seriousness of the replies. I’ve suffered with this my entire life and that means I can say or joke whenever the hell I want. Taking OCD to seriously is a good way to lose your mind and I chose to give humor to my issues because I just have this one life and it’s to short to be an ass hole. Something some people should consider.

Great read:

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life

I work with a large group of guys that are very OCD about what everyone else does...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity