over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tips for improving cholestoral?

Maybe I missed it but is there a reason you're running more than a cruise dose of test while your are recovering from mono ?

Maybe I missed it but is there a reason you're running more than a cruise dose of test while your are recovering from mono ?

mono took me down 18 pounds before I knew I even had mono. by the time I got diagnosed I was 5-6 weeks into it probably. had I known I was getting mono I wouldn't have stayed on tren. its going to be my last competitive year because im moving out of the country so last thing I WANT to do is back down the gear use but i'll do it if I have to.

[quote name="nothuman" post=2060738]Citrus Bergamot is the most effective supplement for cholesterol improvement. The fish oil, etc. comes next, but honestly I doubt anyone on this forum doesn't already take fish oil.<br />
<br />
OP, don't have any cheat meals and your cholesterol will drastically improve.[/quote]<br />
Food is actually the best supplement. ;)<br />
<br />
Grass Fed Beef<br />
Pastured Eggs<br />
Wild Fish (salmon, cod, etc)<br />
Avocados <br />
Unroasted, unsalted almonds<br />
Coconut oil <br />
Garlic<br />
<br />
<br />
Then epa/dha 3+grams <br />
Citrus Berg looks to be badass<br />
Quercetin<br />
Green Tea<br />
Fiber<br />
Ubiquinol<br />
D3<br/>

This × 2

Don't know wtf happened there.

Anyway I have shit numbers currently as well. Happens throughout the year.

Citrus Bergamot works wonders I drink the Stash Double Bergamot Tea throughout the day. And take the caps in the AM when I wake.

Knight is right food is best limit your saturated fats to the sources he listed and coconut oil it will help raise the hdl.

On top of that I think using a static to knock it down isn't all that bad of idea. I do simvastatin 40mg every other night with 1000mg SloNiacin (otc niaspan). Take at night before bed for best results. People argue against it but wtf you're taking drugs that f'up your cholesterol it's almost hypocrisy not to take something proven to correct that issue.

Oh and Watch your anti estrogens they kick the shit out your cholesterol. I personally like formestane it doesn't mess with my numbers so bad.

Don't know wtf happened there.

Anyway I have shit numbers currently as well. Happens throughout the year.

Citrus Bergamot works wonders I drink the Stash Double Bergamot Tea throughout the day. And take the caps in the AM when I wake.

Knight is right food is best limit your saturated fats to the sources he listed and coconut oil it will help raise the hdl.

On top of that I think using a static to knock it down isn't all that bad of idea. I do simvastatin 40mg every other night with 1000mg SloNiacin (otc niaspan). Take at night before bed for best results. People argue against it but wtf you're taking drugs that f'up your cholesterol it's almost hypocrisy not to take something proven to correct that issue.

Oh and Watch your anti estrogens they kick the shit out your cholesterol. I personally like formestane it doesn't mess with my numbers so bad.

Proven to lower your cholesterol or proven to make you live longer and healthier?

Regular Niacin, not the flush free version or the slow release version

work up to 2g a day ( start slow at say 50 - 100mg, if you take 2g at once for your first time, you'll be wishing for death). It is quite simply the most effective thing out there by far for raising HDL. So effective big pharma is trying to co-opt it with their slo-niacin and all that jazz.

If I remember correctly, the liver toxicity is related to the slow-release form. The regular niacin does not have the same side effect.

Lets just say someone I know brought their LDL up 30 points... without changing anything and while on an extended high dose VAR run. I've been a believer since. Its a staple. I take it everyday. Cheap as hell and works the best by a great margin ... you dont need anything else except a decent healthy diet which we should all be on anyways.

Proven to lower cholesterol. Living longer and healthier is relative to physical/medical condition in some cases yes. There is strong correlation of high cholesterol and arthrosclerotic events, couple that with AAS use, elevated blood pressures from elevated hematocrit, water retention , and heavy lifting and you have potential for some not so desirable consequences.

Negative effects of statin use is mostly associated with long term use / overuse. The prescriptions are usually written with the intent that patients will take them for the rest of their lives assuming they are lazy and will not change habits or diet. In this case as with mine and most AAS/HRT users elevated cholesterol is mostly transient and will no doubt be corrected with diet and change of protocol but the drugs and ancillaries create an environment that warrants some prevention. Short term statin use can fill that void effectively where diet and supplements may not provide enough of a benefit. Cycle it with your other usage and objectives , account for its downfalls with high COq10 and get off it when you know you can keep things in check.

I think you can fix cholesterol without niacin....and without a statin except in severe cases.

Last edited:
Oh a quick tip on the niacin flush, take a baby aspirin or 85mg'r with it. Tends to minimize it.

Slow release niacin is OK. Red rice yeast works like a statin, so use carefully if considering. Thre is really no good (unbribed) study showing cholesterol is bad for you, Triglercerides, yes, but not chelsterol. Keep it in check with B12 1000mcg, this stops homocysteine production and makes it less sticky.

Here is the best truth there is . . .
Cholesterol increases with pancreatic weakness and glucose spikes. As sugar is an inflammatory, cholesterol fills in the defects in the blood vessels along with calcium, that's we we take carnitine and K2.

Take a digestive enzyme with every meal and carb drink to avoid pancreas overload. Also consider alkaline foods, to bring down acidity, a problem all lifters face.

Slow release niacin is OK. Red rice yeast works like a statin, so use carefully if considering. Thre is really no good (unbribed) study showing cholesterol is bad for you, Triglercerides, yes, but not chelsterol. Keep it in check with B12 1000mcg, this stops homocysteine production and makes it less sticky.

Here is the best truth there is . . .
Cholesterol increases with pancreatic weakness and glucose spikes. As sugar is an inflammatory, cholesterol fills in the defects in the blood vessels along with calcium, that's we we take carnitine and K2.

Take a digestive enzyme with every meal and carb drink to avoid pancreas overload. Also consider alkaline foods, to bring down acidity, a problem all lifters face.
if you live in the United States the FDA removed the statin from red rice yeast years ago making it ineffective

I was going to say the same thing, I believe I've already received a verbal spanking by knight for wrongfully mentioning red yeast rice/statin relationship.[emoji4]

Last edited:
The word statin makes me cringe. That should be the LAST resort for anybody. I read all sorts of health newsletters and I've never seen a case where diet was less effective than a statin.

Red rice yeast:Yes the FDA slammed them beccause Lovastatin was just a version of this herb. But any of the companies that have reformulated their RYR still have some statins in them.
Find out which ones use the extract and which don't, its tough because companies don't want the FDA to pick them out. I know Now Foods is an extract, but as above, it is a last resort, and yes CO Q 10 is necessary to avoid burning out the P-450 mechanism, also with any heart medication.
Good call!

Red rice yeast:Yes the FDA slammed them beccause Lovastatin was just a version of this herb. But any of the companies that have reformulated their RYR still have some statins in them.

Find out which ones use the extract and which don't, is tough because some companies don't want it to be easy for the FDA to pick them out. I know I've Now Foods is an extract, but as above it is a last resort, and yes CO Q 10 is necessary to avoid burning out the P-450 mechanism, also with any heart medication.

Good call!

The one ryr i have and others have said worked well was by hard rhino.....not sure if it is still being carried tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner