over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tips for keeping stomach volume low while slin's active

IronLion2

Banned
I've tried a lot of different combinations of shakes and meals during my insulin window, all of them leave me feeling slow and bloated. I had originally believed it was too much fiber combined with too much liquid, but after my first slin shot of the mesocycle I still feel bloated, roughly 32oz liquid and 5-8ish grams of fiber. Honestly if this keeps up i'm going to have to try post workout rather than pre workout shots of GH/Slin, it's just not worth any added benefit if my workouts decrease in intensity, even if its just marginally. Warriors go to battle hungry not bloated.

Yesterday I tried;
6a: 3iu Goldtops + 15iu HumR
620a: Small banana, egg whites, sweetened almond milk, sweetened oats (60/30/>5)
715a: Gatorade (70/0/0)
845a: Whey, sweetened almond milk, sweetened cereal (60/60/>5)
1030a: Chicken, white rice, greens, vinegar (60/60/>10)

Even if I were to switch the pre workout meal with another shake to remove any fiber, I'd just add more liquid which is slowing me down just as much.

inb4 switch to cream of rice

Why not eat your 6:20 meal an hour before the GH and slin? Then move 3 things after that over. Those 3 after more than covers the insulin window.

Why not eat your 6:20 meal an hour before the GH and slin? Then move 3 things after that over. Those 3 after more than covers the insulin window.

That's what I use to do, it made sense to me, the complex carbs need some extra time to spike blood sugar so eat them before the Slin. Essentially every experienced Slin user disagrees with me on that though. But I suppose that is option C and something I'll try again before giving up on pre-work out dosing.

I have no idea what a large dosage of slin is these days...I've seen anywhere from 8-10iu to 100's of iu's, to 10-20 iu's (Hum-R or Humulin). I've seen guys use 3-5iu's and not have gut distention. It fits their purposes and with no sides...some are upward of 10iu's. Maybe the 15iu is too much needed?

Anything over 8iu gives me terrible bloat. That could be a reason coupled with so many carbs in that window.

I have no idea what a large dosage of slin is these days...I've seen anywhere from 8-10iu to 100's of iu's, to 10-20 iu's (Hum-R or Humulin). I've seen guys use 3-5iu's and not have gut distention. It fits their purposes and with no sides...some are upward of 10iu's. Maybe the 15iu is too much needed?

Rapid slin is twice as "effective" as it's twice as quick. So 15iu of regular Slin is an average dose and is comparable to 5-10iu Humalog. I've done as low as 5iu and as much as 40iu pre AND post, 15-25 is my sweet spot.

Anything over 8iu gives me terrible bloat. That could be a reason coupled with so many carbs in that window.

The issue isn't the bro term "bloat" which people use to describe water retention, it's literally too much food volume and not enough gastric clearing.

I tried pre intra and post shakes as opposed to having any meals in there, the only thing that helped with bloat during my workout was dropping the intra shake so I also dropped my humalog and stuck to lantus in the AM and timed it so it was in my system for 2.5-3 hours before starting my workout.

Looking back at it, the bloat wasn't all that bad. It really only got in the way of 500+ deadlifts and squats but every other lift was fine and I was up to 950 grams of carbs.

Why are you against switching to oats to cream of rice?

I tried pre intra and post shakes as opposed to having any meals in there, the only thing that helped with bloat during my workout was dropping the intra shake so I also dropped my humalog and stuck to lantus in the AM and timed it so it was in my system for 2.5-3 hours before starting my workout.

Looking back at it, the bloat wasn't all that bad. It really only got in the way of 500+ deadlifts and squats but every other lift was fine and I was up to 950 grams of carbs.

Why are you against switching to oats to cream of rice?

You know I figured it was the intra, before slin I never had issue carbing up prior to my workout. It's just something about the simple sugar while lifting that makes me feel so fucking slow and un-explosive.

No issue with cream of rice, I just figured everyone was going to blame the 1/4 cup of oatmeal.

Why insulin and GH pre workout and not postworkout?

^^^ serious question, as my thoughts on that subject have changed over the years.

^^^ serious question, as my thoughts on that subject have changed over the years.

Being a puppet essentially. The three most popular gh/slin protocols are;
1. GH15
2. Mutants
3. Mike Arnolds

All with the same pre-workout dosing pattern. I must have searched a thousand thread pages before I ever touched an IU, they all SWORE better results pre than post.
I just recently switched over to using GH AM or PM rather than only using it pre, from my experience GH without slin pre is counter productive. I was originally worried GH at night would disrupt natural pulses but thats completely bogus. GH isnt cheap to so for the longest time I was afraid to break the norm with it out of fear i'd be wasting it.

Would be appreciative to hear your thoughts on the subject, just post them on your newly revived thread so everyone gets a chance to read.

That's what I use to do, it made sense to me, the complex carbs need some extra time to spike blood sugar so eat them before the Slin. Essentially every experienced Slin user disagrees with me on that though. But I suppose that is option C and something I'll try again before giving up on pre-work out dosing.
If you didn't have issues it doing that way, what other slin users say is kind if moot. The cookie cutter protocols are just a starting point. As you gain more experience with slin, you tweak things to a more personal protcol. I would also get rid of the fiber in the slin window

I always feel like when I used slin no matter when my appetite would go to nothing.

Yes HGH postworkout is the best to me

Bboy could you share how you do it post workout?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131