advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tired eyes, brain and weird feeling in general...

Dado5

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression 7 years ago and have been on 20mg paxil since then. 2 months ago i had shorntess of breath and panick attack kicked in, Dr increased paxil to 40mg.. 40mg didnt work well with me so had to reduce it to 20mg.
Well since i had those attacks now i am not all myself.
I feel tired, my eyes are burning and front of my face (sinus area and nose) is burning also. My brain feels tired and very slow, especially if i try to think something in the past my eyes become tired and weird feeling.I also have stiff neck,. Also when moving eyes left or right i would feel tiredness and weird feeling in eye area.
I just feel im not all there anymore.
Dr did ct scan and Xray of the head and everything is normal. Dr's are not much of help..

Now im wondering could this be more than anxiety? Maybe hormones or some disease like lyme disease or something?

Am i the only one feeling like this?:banghead:

Stiff necks can be annoying, but they might also be a sign of a serious infection, tumor or other problem that does not originate in the neck. Meningitis is an infection in the membrane and fluid of the brain that could (if it is the bacterial kind) require medical attention ASAP

Order some Humanafort... It will help, take 2am/2pwo/2pm... Give it at least 2 months and you will see a huge difference

Keep trying different Doctors if you have insurance till you find out what is the matter! This sounds horrible and I am sorry you are going through this :(

Life is short and I hope you find the answer and start enjoying life again.

I have been diagnosed with anxiety and depression 7 years ago and have been on 20mg paxil since then. 2 months ago i had shorntess of breath and panick attack kicked in, Dr increased paxil to 40mg.. 40mg didnt work well with me so had to reduce it to 20mg.
I feel tired, my eyes are burning and front of my face (sinus area and nose) is burning also. My brain feels tired and very slow, especially if i try to think something in the past my eyes become tired and weird feeling.I also have stiff neck,. Also when moving eyes left or right i would feel tiredness and weird feeling in eye area.
Dr did ct scan and Xray of the head and everything is normal. Dr's are not much of help..

Now im wondering could this be more than anxiety? Maybe hormones or some disease like lyme disease or something?

Hey Dado,
These sides seem to be associated with Paxil. Maybe it's time to switch meds? Also, are you depressed? Sore back and stiff necks often come from being depressed for a while...

For me, yes, Ive felt this way. Especially with lethargy and lack of concentration. Usually from not eating enough, or sleeping enough. PROVIGIL is great for this. Ask your doc if it could be used with Paxil. Excellent stuff.

Good luck!

From a site listing the sides:

"Anxiety;blurred vision constipation; decreased sexual desire or ability; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; gas; increased sweating; increased urination; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; numbness or tingling of the skin; stomach upset; trouble concentrating; trouble sleeping; weakness; yawning.

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bizarre behavior; black or bloody stools; chest pain; confusion; decreased concentration; decreased coordination; exaggerated reflexes; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations; memory loss; new or worsening agitation, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated feeling of well-being, restlessness, or inability to sit still; persistent or severe ringing in the ears; persistent, painful erection; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent anxiety or trouble sleeping; severe or persistent headache or dizziness; significant weight loss; stomach pain; suicidal thoughts or attempts; tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or severe mental or mood changes; unusual weakness; vision changes; worsening of depression.

Last edited:
SSRI's are junk for most people. I would strongly suggest finding a doctor that will help you work through your anxiety on different meds or without meds at all. SSRI's are the devil for the majority of people, especially Paxil it seems.

Might want to look into fibromyalgia

And for anyone suffering from anxiety depression or fibro symptoms i highly recommend this

BUT YOU CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU ARE OFF SSRI'S OR HAVE AT LEAST A 2 WEEK CLEANOUT.....ABSOLUTELY. It can be dangerous otherwise

100mg of theanine
50-100mg of 5htp

morning and night

or morning midday and night

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the suggestions.
I went to 3 dif doctors includin neurologist and nothing.
Im gonna slowly get off paxil and see if that helps, maybe 7 y of usage got me finally,.

Might want to look into fibromyalgia

And for anyone suffering from anxiety depression or fibro symptoms i highly recommend this

BUT YOU CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU ARE OFF SSRI'S OR HAVE AT LEAST A 2 WEEK CLEANOUT.....ABSOLUTELY. It can be dangerous otherwise

100mg of theanine
100mg of 5htp

morning and night

or morning midday and night

Thanks
Im gonna try this once im off paxil and see how it works.

Stiff necks can be annoying, but they might also be a sign of a serious infection, tumor or other problem that does not originate in the neck. Meningitis is an infection in the membrane and fluid of the brain that could (if it is the bacterial kind) require medical attention ASAP

got check for all that and came clean.

I agree with Ehren and Doggcrapp. I just came off of antidepressants after 2-3 years of use and I actually feel better.

In hindsight, the Anti-D's actually made my symptoms worse. I was like a numb zombie.. what better way for a Pharmacy to get repeat customers than to keep them sick with the drug?

I still have slight depression and anxiety time to time but Ive learned to deal with it a bit from experience. I think for the majority of people anti-d's are only good for a short term fix.

In the long run the way we live and psychologically deal with experiences is what needs to be addressed. Drugs dont change how you think, years of repetition is what eventually molds us all imo.

I WAS ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS FOR OVER 10YRS, FROM ABOUT 8 YRS ON THE DOC HAD ME ON 3 DIFF DRUGS AND IT ALMOST KILLED ME. I FELT WORSE ON THE DRUGS THAN B4 I STARTED THEM. I ASKED MY DR. TO TAKE ME OFF THE MEDS AND HE TOLD ME I WOULD NVR BE ABLE TO COME OFF THEM, I WOULD HAVE TO USE THEM FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! SHORTLY AFTER THAT I HAD A BREAKDOWN AND WAS BROUGHT TO THE ER. WHEN THE ER DR. SAW THE MEDS I WAS ON HE WAS SHOCKED! HE REFERRED ME TO ANOTHER DR. THAT TOOK ME OFF ALL THE MEDS. IT TOOK ABOUT A YEAR TO COME OFF THEM, BUT WHEN U COME OFF THESE MEDS IT HAS TO BE REALLY SLOW. IVE BEEN OFF FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS NOW AND I FEEL GREAT! DONT REMEMBER WHY I NEEDED THEM TO BEGIN WITH. I DID ALOT OF RESEARCH ON THESES MEDS, THE COMPANIES THAT PRODUCE THEM DON'T REALLY KNOW HOW THEY WORK, AND MOST OF THEM EVEN SAY THERE IS MORE NEGITIVE SIDE EFFECTS, THAN POSITIVE EFFECTS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR DR. HOPE THIS HELPED SOME. DO SOME RESEARCH, THERE IS ALOT OF SURPRISING THINGS TO BE READ ABOUT THESE DRUGS.
SAGE74

you might want to read the book "spark" by dr. john ratey, he makes some compelling arguments for treatment of depression and anxiety through exercise...even if you dont use his methods, its a great read.

Hang in there, and keep trying things one by one bro. Its really hard with the head isn't working straight because that reallyis the most important thing...

For fybromyalgia I'm hearing good things about Lyrica (it works by blocking nerve impulses), that is if you want to get on another med ofcourse.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.
I went to 3 dif doctors includin neurologist and nothing.
Im gonna slowly get off paxil and see if that helps, maybe 7 y of usage got me finally,.

I'm sorry you are going through all this. Many of the comments above (e.g. consider fibromyalgia) are on point.

Re doctors, the odds are you are not getting top-notch care, not seeing the right people.

No disrespect to anyone, but most primary care docs are not qualified to deal with stuff like this - only to rule out the most obvious things. Then going to a private neurologist may not be a lot better. For this, you want to go to someone at a major university/research hospital. It actually doesn't cost any more to see a neurologist, say, at the University of Texas, or Mayo Clinic, or NYU vs. Dr. Joe Blow in the community.

I speak from experience. My daughter has a neurological disorder. Nearly died because the pediatrician and local neurologist thought it was migraines. They figured it out in a day at a serious NY hospital. (my attorney has a similar less dramatic tale about his leg ... finally answered at the HSS last week.)

There is this TV show "Mystery Diagnosis" ... every time the poor patient bounces around among mediocre docs. Finally, they go to a major-league place and get some clarity and good care.

My advice then is to get some serious quality care, figure out what if anything is going on, and take it from there.

Hey Dado,
These sides seem to be associated with Paxil. Maybe it's time to switch meds? Also, are you depressed? Sore back and stiff necks often come from being depressed for a while...

For me, yes, Ive felt this way. Especially with lethargy and lack of concentration. Usually from not eating enough, or sleeping enough. PROVIGIL is great for this. Ask your doc if it could be used with Paxil. Excellent stuff.

Good luck!

From a site listing the sides:

"Anxiety;blurred vision constipation; decreased sexual desire or ability; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; gas; increased sweating; increased urination; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; numbness or tingling of the skin; stomach upset; trouble concentrating; trouble sleeping; weakness; yawning.

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bizarre behavior; black or bloody stools; chest pain; confusion; decreased concentration; decreased coordination; exaggerated reflexes; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations; memory loss; new or worsening agitation, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated feeling of well-being, restlessness, or inability to sit still; persistent or severe ringing in the ears; persistent, painful erection; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent anxiety or trouble sleeping; severe or persistent headache or dizziness; significant weight loss; stomach pain; suicidal thoughts or attempts; tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or severe mental or mood changes; unusual weakness; vision changes; worsening of depression.

Completely agree with you brother, it sounds like his symptoms started when the Doctor doubled the dose of Paxil. I have a huge problem with all these idiot doctors just prescribing anything without studying the drugs in depth. My friend was given Zocor and had kidney failure, almost died, and after his ordeal the doctor prescribed another drug, we researched it and one of the warnings for that particular drug was that it could be fatal if you ever had kidney problems. So I would suggest to change doctors and change prescription. God bless you friend. Minister.

Bro!! be careful, sometimes docs blame everything on anxiety and depression as a catch all diagnoses rather hten take the work to rule out an organic disease.
Plus the doses of hormones u are messing with is INSANE, yes i know some people on this board mess with those doses and get away with it, but it dont mean all will.
This hormones are poisonous at the molecular level to organelles such as mitochondria. I highly recommend getting off the hormones tapering down slowly and preventing any further damage. The way i see it is if the hormones were not responsible then GREAT, and if they were then atleast u prevented or reversed any further damage. good luck

Also what u have sounds very much like sinus congestion. I am surprised the CT scan did not show anything.

If you go the route of cessation of the Paxil just wean off slowly over 8-12 weeks so your brain can start producing and utilizing seratonin normally and functionally. You been on a while and dependant on your age it will take some time to normalize. I like the poster who suggested the 5HTP and theanine. Works well for many. Are you on AAS as they can sometimes be culperit for those borderline with this symtometologies as well? What other exogeneous substances are you currently taking? All of em as benign as even whey or creatine. We can help. Im going through some shit as well- close to home.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131