over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tired legs from so much cardio

jayl19

Registered
Hey, I'm currently dieting and have upped my cardio to 1h liss everyday to get the last bit of fat off but am struggling big time, my legs are so tired and fatiuged that its an effort just to walk, seems like every cardio machine uses a lot of legs, any one eles have this problem and what do you do about it?

Go to a boxing gym or see if there's any trainers that are experienced boxers that can have you drill bag work...Tell them it's more for cardio...That will tire out your shoulders and arms but it's a great workout!

Do you have access to a swimming pool? If so, that would be the best option. You could also try those rowing machines if your gym has them, they are one of the most intense cardio machines yet they utilize more of the upper body obviously.

Have you tried using the electrical machines or riding the bike?

Thanks for the replys lads

No access to swimming pool unless I pay a £30 a month membership, not really my thing either, I'm a terrible swimmer

I tryed the rower but my bis an lats burnt out really quick, I guess it's an option though

The boxing is a good one, I already have gloves too, and there's bags at my gym, I'll prob try it on my own first before I go with a trainer, havnt really got any money to be payin the £20 a session

Iv tried the bikes, there burn my tear drop part of quad out exteamly quickly

I feel you man. I do 2 x 50min(fasted am and post workout) 7 days a week. I alternate machines, every morning I use the stair climber at home and post workout I switch between the stepmill and the treadmill. My legs are shot as well. Kinda just part of getting shredded..

I LOVE riding a bike!

like a real mountain bike, my favorite cardio!

also the one type of cardio that makes my legs bigger rather then smaller!

I miss my bike but I would kill someone riding here:mad:

Thanks for the replys lads

No access to swimming pool unless I pay a £30 a month membership, not really my thing either, I'm a terrible swimmer

I tryed the rower but my bis an lats burnt out really quick, I guess it's an option though

The boxing is a good one, I already have gloves too, and there's bags at my gym, I'll prob try it on my own first before I go with a trainer, havnt really got any money to be payin the £20 a session

Iv tried the bikes, there burn my tear drop part of quad out exteamly quickly
Another great option that's actually really enjoyable because it's weightlifting is barbell complexes.

T NATION | Rebuild Yourself with Complexes

I used to do these all the time as an alternative to HIT and combined it with LISS and was in the best conditioning shape of my life.

Tbh in my experience the heavy leg/ fatigue thing is purely carb restriction. These days when I cut high carb I do an hours cardio a day with 0 issues. I used to think it was the cardio and i know the exact feeling your talking about. It's fucking horrible.

Last edited:
Stetch the hell out of your legs. It will help you feel better and help with recovery. Biking and heavy bag work is a fun way to give those legs a break. But tired legs are a part of cutting. Ha

Hey, I'm currently dieting and have upped my cardio to 1h liss everyday to get the last bit of fat off but am struggling big time, my legs are so tired and fatiuged that its an effort just to walk, seems like every cardio machine uses a lot of legs, any one eles have this problem and what do you do about it?

Do you have access to a weight sled? Dragging a weight sled works well muscle soreness is nill as it's all a concentric movement, mind you 1 hour would be a bit much. I'd also say look into carnitine injectable being #1 second best would be the l-tartrate version, citrulline malate is also fantastic for enhanced endurance and reducing muscle soreness.

The above suggestion of barbell complex's is a good one. I do them with just an empty barbell 20 reps per movement 8-10 movements non stop. I finish with a treadmill sprint then take 90 seconds rest then repeat twice more. It isn't enough muscle stimulation to worry about it effecting recovery and it's nice to walk away with a full body pump.

I LOVE riding a bike!

like a real mountain bike, my favorite cardio!

also the one type of cardio that makes my legs bigger rather then smaller!

I miss my bike but I would kill someone riding here:mad:

Yeah, mountain biking helps my legs, and strenuous hiking helps my calves.

I feel you man I'm on the exact same schedule now except with 120 min cardio per day and 2x training sessions. I always have to mix it up so I don't get too tired or bored. Jump ropes, treadmill on incline walk, bike, elliptical. On those days where it's all I can do to stand, I just walk around the track for a while. In your last week or so the most important part is to stay moving all day. Sometimes a BCAA Intra workout helps with energy.

Some really good info here lads, thanks a lot 👍

Had a day off from cardio yetsterday just played football (soccer) with my lad on the park, gona try a few I these suggestions out later when I hit the gym

Jay, have you thought about mixing it up a little around intensity levels? Personally, I find that i get diminishing returns the more cardio I do. Meaning, I reach point where it gets real hard on LBM. LISS tires me out too.

Seems counterintuitive but when I've worked in good old fashioned football speed drills, I can usually move a few extra digits of body fat. Not sure how you feel about running.

Ex: Half Gassers
20's... forget what they are really called. You trot with a long stride bringing knees high from then end zone to the 20; then sprint your ass of to the 40; trot to the 60; sprint to the 80; trot to the end zone; walk accross the end zone and then do the same thing going back. 4 sets of these is about it.

100m Sprints are great. 3-4 sets.

400m Sprint is the grand daddy. the last 100m is hell on Earth.

I wouldn't do all of these on the same day but work one of these in each week in place of a LISS session and I bet some magic happens. Just get it away from Leg day because it really is a second leg workout in its own right.

Do you have access to a swimming pool? If so, that would be the best option. You could also try those rowing machines if your gym has them, they are one of the most intense cardio machines yet they utilize more of the upper body obviously.

X2! The Concept 2 PM series even has games on it which can improve your efficiency and technique.

I do cardio by going from station to station: jumprope, planks, battle rope, rower, ab coaster, kettlebell swings, bodyweight GHR's, planks, then repeat. Gives me good cardio and doesn't destroy any bodypart in particular. After it's nice outside again I'll probably go back to running and cycling, but yes, it does cut into my leg workouts when I do that.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131