over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tired of hurting

Gators

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Tired of eating ibuprofen every 4 hrs, tired of waking up w/ a headache and other aches. I have headaches throughout the day, have had this for years, and for the past 8 mths have had chronic tennis elbow. Also have had 5 surgeries on rt knee, so it hurts (some)...

My question is what kind of natural supplements can be taken to help w/ this, seems like for some reason my body is easily subjectable to inflammation. There's got to be a better way that ibuprofen every 4 hrs... Oh yeah, i'm 44, and growing up i was always getting stitched up, thrown off horses, run over my cows, had a couple bad 3 wheeler crashes, so my body has been subjected to some trauma

thanks

edit: i realize that part of my issue very well may be poor diet, which i'm cleaning up, and also know omega oils help, and i'm back on those...

Last edited:
This might help.....

Cissus Quadrangularis, you can order from Trueprotein...I had horrible joint pains in elbow, knees, wrist, etc. Aside from taking more frequent breaks from training I bought some of this in powder form and took 1.5 grams 2-3 times per day. It taste awful but I think it worked wonders, within a couple days. They sell it in caps too, but I always go for the most direct.

Maybe think about changing up your training frequency and as you mentioned diet.

Gators, I can identify. I have put a lot of wear and tear on my joints after 30+ years of lifting. Never been run over by a cow, but I have been thrown from a horse. :)

Def take a quality fish oil as you mentioned. Fish oil is a natural antiflam. I take 5-6 grams a day and it seems to help.

Have you had your blood pressure measured lately? The head aches might be due to high bp. For joint aches I would also suggest fish oils and I´ve had great success myself with glucosamine hcl. I use a combination product which gives 1500 mg glucosamine hcl and 1500 mg MSM a day.

I was ok on BP, got it checked in the am after coffee, and it was on the high part of normal. Never saw the positives of Glucosamine, took it religiously for awhile... I am taking Pharm. grade fish oil, but only 1200mg daily, won't hurt me to up it, other than some burps that will melt faces.

Thinking of trying out hgh as a way to up my collagen, hopefully that will help w/ tendons and ligaments? 2iu/day...

Getting old beats the hell out of the alternative:D

wow

and here I thought you were looking for natural....

"Thinking of trying out hgh as a way to up my collagen, hopefully that will help w/ tendons and ligaments? 2iu/day..."

Have you tried adding more Test?

I think taking NASAIDS for a period that long could be hard on your organs such as liver and kidneys. It is a known fact. Have you had a blood test recently? Tom Prince, the pro, ran into some bad trouble that he attributed to his pain reliever use of many years. Not sure what he was taking or what dose.

Had blood done several months back and all was good, even liver was normal in spite of me being a alcoholic (no longer drinking, 8 mths sober). I've had headaches my whole life, and oftentimes i just live w them if not bad. Had TS Ida pissing on us all day, so i've spent quite a bit of time reading on the web, and i think cleaning up my diet may well help a lot, as well as bumping up fish oil, and Cissus Quadrangularis looks interesting...

Ultimately, i'd like to go off ibuprofen, i know it's not good long term, especially my liver that i pummeled for years w/ booze

Ultimately, i'd like to go off ibuprofen, i know it's not good long term, especially my liver that i pummeled for years w/ booze

Gators, I was popping ibuprofen too without much success. My ortho doc gave me some Cataflam which is another NSAID at 50 mg. It works MUCH better for me than all the other over-the-counter NSAIDS and last 12 hours too (when needed). Might be worth checking into.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws