over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TMT prep and training

that's what I thought you'd say.....

thanks.

That's what you thought I would say? I could have made it much easier and just said "do this", but I figured if I just listed a bunch of exercises you would just argue with me regarding the "how" of it all. So, I decided to provide an explanation rather than just rattling off exercises. I mean, we're not talking about something revolutionary here. We're talking about basic, well known bodybuilding training.

Basically, through proper exercise selection and mechanics we can more effectively stress the lower-inner lats. As far as exercise selection goes, any exercise which utilizes a closer grip and allows the bar/handles to be pulled into the stomach (rather then the chest) will more effectively stress the inner-lower lats. In terms of mechanics it is vital to keep the chest out and the shoulder blades retracted. Otherwise, achieving a full contraction of the inner-lower lats isn't possible.

One of the best exercises for this purpose is traditional t-bar rows. Throw a barbell in the corner of the room and hook a v-bar under the end of it. Of course, "how" the exercise is performed (e.g mechanics) will make a difference, but when done properly it will work this area hard. Close grip chins/pulldowns are also effective, as are low-cable rows...and so is any other close grip row in which the bar is pulled into the stomach rather than the chest.

It wasn't until the 90's, following the advent of Dorian Yates, that we started to see a large number of bodybuilders include close grip movements as primary mass-builders. Previously, most bodybuilders relied on exercises such as wide grip chins and wide grip barbell rows as primary mass-builders. Yes, they used a bunch of other exercises too, but wide grip work was often prioritized. As a result, we saw plenty of bodybuilders with wide flaring upper backs, but not too many massive, hanging lats.

Exercises like wide grip chins aren't as effective for the inner-lower lats simply because they don't place the body in a mechanical position that allows for full activation of the lats. However, they are more effective for building upper-back width, but NOT because they activate the upper-lats better than close grip chins (because they don't). Rather, wide grip chins will call more strongly on the teres major, teres minor, and infraspinatus to help move the weight. These muscles are all located in the upper-outer regions of the back near the armpit...right where the upper-lats insert, so when they are fully developed they make the upper back look wider. This provides the illusion of improved upper-lat development, but in reality those other muscles should be getting the credit.

Dennis Wolf is a good example of someone who has tremendous development in the teres major/minor, largely as a result of him doing wide grip pulldowns first in his training for many years (when he should have been doing more close grip work).

Last edited:
Mike,

Please don't do this on Brad's thread.

It's inappropriate, disrespectful to Bboy and accomplishes nothing.

Thanks

=MT

Mike,

Please don't do this on Brad's thread.

It's inappropriate, disrespectful to Bboy and accomplishes nothing.

Thanks

=MT

There is nothing disrespectful about my post. I was responding to Tenny's post and it was informational in nature. I came in here commending Brad for his lat development...namely his inner-lower lats. If you want to point fingers, you should be pointing them at the one who has a dozen deleted posts--the one who turned the thread into a shit show. My post is complimentary to the thread.

Last edited:
Bboy good job still hitting it even at your age. Looking great! Upside everybody missed, MA is not posting how one of his supps gives opioid like pain relieving effects while giving energy and curing cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bboy good job still hitting it even at your age. Looking great! Upside everybody missed, MA is not posting how one of his supps gives opioid like pain relieving effects while giving energy and curing cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that would be something!

There is nothing disrespectful about my post. I was responding to Tenny's post and it was informational in nature. I came in here commending Brad for his lat development...namely his inner-lower lats. If you want to point fingers, you should be pointing them at the one who has a dozen deleted posts--the one who turned the thread into a shit show. My post is complimentary to the thread.

Mike, this thread is theirs and it's about how they do things, not how you do things.

What back exercises do you do consistently? Top 3 if you can list them please.
Growing up I always did pullups, bent over barbell rows, and cable rows. That was the bread and butter of my back workouts.

b-boy are you going to either of the Kentucky Muscle shows? the Kentucky Derby Festival Championships is April 28th. you are a mean mofo looking bodybuilder, no chubby buns like little slice.

b-boy are you going to either of the Kentucky Muscle shows? the Kentucky Derby Festival Championships is April 28th. you are a mean mofo looking bodybuilder, no chubby buns like little slice.
I will have to see how work is and how I feel at that time, I have to attend an Indiana show right before my show as my sponsors are a main sponsor of the show and want me to attend.

Maybe legalizing the use of recreational marijuana might be a good idea :).

BBoy is progressing nicely.

The Hammer HAS been dropped. Pedal to the metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-MT

Maybe legalizing the use of recreational marijuana might be a good idea :).

BBoy is progressing nicely.

The Hammer HAS been dropped. Pedal to the metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-MT
Its already legal here in Ca

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

209 this morning, up from 206 due to small increase in gh dosage (2iu to 4iu), muscle fullness has increased slightly but fat is still peeling off. Very very happy with how this prep is going. I soooooo highly recommend TMT to anyone wanting to come in at their absolute best.

Attachments

• 2018-02-14 08.17.39.jpg
    2018-02-14 08.17.39.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 299
wow

Looking great Brad.

Attachments

• brad_2018-02-14 08.17.39.jpg
    brad_2018-02-14 08.17.39.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 294
KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!...... Good shit Brad...... the penguin jammies be rockin'

209 this morning, up from 206 due to small increase in gh dosage (2iu to 4iu), muscle fullness has increased slightly but fat is still peeling off. Very very happy with how this prep is going. I soooooo highly recommend TMT to anyone wanting to come in at their absolute best.

Making great progress and looking good. TMT is working is doing good by you. Hang in, almost there, cant wait to see the finished product.

You look really good dude. Keep at it and best of luck.

Making great progress and looking good. TMT is working is doing good by you. Hang in, almost there, cant wait to see the finished product.

TMT being Test, Mast, Tren right? Just kidding :D couldn't agree more tho, looking great Brad! Keep up the great work, really looking forward to see the finished product!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws