over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TN's Green Tea Extract

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Who takes this and how much is necessary? Looks like it could aid fat loss and provide anti cancer benefits. It contains 99% polyphenols! Jarrow's is only 50%. Sounds like an enormous difference!

The stuff I use is 98% and I use 2 per day when cutting. I think it gives you an edge

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I capped my own Green Tea for years but started using TN's. It's an excellent quality extract and the price is great.
I take arount 4 caps per day.
I started taking it years ago for health benefits, not weight loss.
I have recently started drinking about 3/4 gallon of green tea per day and it's been a huge help with cutting.

How does taking a supplement like this compare to drinking green tea?

TN's greent tea is great,its less than 20 bucks for 300 caps at 500mg. It's got the highest percentage of polyphenols you'll find anywhere. I take 3 a day. And as far as this versus green tea, it's concentrated so its got that less is more thing going for it. Plus, I hate drinking green tea. It tastes like lawn clippings. I definitley notice fat loss benefits with it, but it's not mind blowing or anything. But every little bit counts

I imagine it augments caffeine and other fat burners well. D3, curcumin, and green tea extract is a seemingly fantastic anti-cancer stack.

I have been taking about 4 caps a day....2 morning 2 evening and I am leaner at 248-249 than in the past at this weight

I need to look into buying my Green Tea from TN. I had no idea they sold it for such a great deal.

yep, dirt cheap and the highest concentration of polyphenols and egcg youll find just about anywhere. At 3 a day youll go about 4 months for 18 bucks

I couldn't really figure out dosing but just ran across this on TN's site.
So @500mg each...I guess 6 a day would be recommended.

Anyone know how much actual green tea this would translate to? Gallons?

Supplement UseGreen tea extract (approximately 3 grams containing 1g catechins and 180 mg caffeine taken daily in 2-3 divided doses) can be used as anti-oxidant in combination with Alpha Lipoic Acid and vitamin C powder. True Nutrition's green tea extract can also be used for weight loss, in conjunction with an appropriate diet and exercise regimen and possibly caffeine or possibly to prevent fat accumulation and unfavorable blood lipid alterations during weight gain. Those wishing to protect against cancer and cardiovascular disease, in particular males in whom androgens may increase the risk of prostate cancer(18) and unfavorably alter blood lipid profile(19), might consider green tea extract, under the advices of his / her physician.

I couldn't really figure out dosing but just ran across this on TN's site.
So @500mg each...I guess 6 a day would be recommended.

Anyone know how much actual green tea this would translate to? Gallons?

Supplement UseGreen tea extract (approximately 3 grams containing 1g catechins and 180 mg caffeine taken daily in 2-3 divided doses) can be used as anti-oxidant in combination with Alpha Lipoic Acid and vitamin C powder. True Nutrition's green tea extract can also be used for weight loss, in conjunction with an appropriate diet and exercise regimen and possibly caffeine or possibly to prevent fat accumulation and unfavorable blood lipid alterations during weight gain. Those wishing to protect against cancer and cardiovascular disease, in particular males in whom androgens may increase the risk of prostate cancer(18) and unfavorably alter blood lipid profile(19), might consider green tea extract, under the advices of his / her physician.

According to the University of Maryland (Green tea | University of Maryland Medical Center) the average cup of green tea varies from 50-150mg of polyphenols, so to get 1g of catechins as suggested by the study, one would have to drink about 7 cups of green tea.

So 2 caps of TN GTE would be about 980mg catechins and if this is between 6-7 cups of green tea, then 6 caps per day would yield around 19-21 cups of green tea! (if my math is right lol)

According to the University of Maryland (Green tea | University of Maryland Medical Center) the average cup of green tea varies from 50-150mg of polyphenols, so to get 1g of catechins as suggested by the study, one would have to drink about 7 cups of green tea.

So 2 caps of TN GTE would be about 980mg catechins and if this is between 6-7 cups of green tea, then 6 caps per day would yield around 19-21 cups of green tea! (if my math is right lol)

From what I pasted above, 3grams of Green Tea Extract is 6 capsules and that contains 1g catechins. I'm not sure how you are figuring 2 caps=980mg catechins. :confused:

From what I pasted above, 3grams of Green Tea Extract is 6 capsules and that contains 1g catechins. I'm not sure how you are figuring 2 caps=980mg catechins. :confused:

I was figuring if the capsules are 500mg each and 98% catechins then 2 caps = a total of 1000mg (1g), and at 98% catechins then it would be 980mg catechins.

I believe that little blurb on the TN website is for green tea extract in general, not just TN GTE.

I actually read it wrong on the TN website and did not differentiate polyphenols from catechins, it states, "True Nutrition's green tea extract is extracted from dried tea leaves, producing a largely unoxidized product that is at least 98% polyphenols, >82.5% catechins, >50% EGCG (catechin epigallocatechin gallate) and approximately 5-6% caffeine." So I took the total mg and looked at the percentage of each active substance with respect to the mgs.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity