over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

To Carb cycle or not..off season??

T TOTAL

Registered
Coming to an end of a decent cutting period and then going in to a lean bulk...I say lean bulk as i don't like getting over fat....

So thinking do i increase carbs every couple of weeks as weight gradually increases and find a happy medium....or do i carb cycle??

Im somewhat leaning towards carb cycling as i get sick of eating the same amounts daily...still have cheat meal or two, but find and thinking with carb cycling i can actually make decent progress and enjoy the big days more?

Whats people views and experiences?

sometimes in the past I have done something you could call a "lean bulk"
I would eat clean mon thru fri and on weekends eat as much carbs as I wanted. meaning fri night, sat and sunday. it became my favorite way to do offseasons eventually :D
I always stayed lean but got to enjoy myself on weekends when it mattered (ie family functions, weddings, b day parties, parties, camping etc.)
-JS

I have been carb cycling for awhile now and it is working great! Mon, Tues, Wed 0 carbs Thurs, Fri light carbs Sat & Sun moderate carbs

Johnny yours sounds almost like the classic anabolic diet. I don't know if you mean no carb or low clean carb mon to fri tho

Johnny yours sounds almost like the classic anabolic diet. I don't know if you mean no carb or low clean carb mon to fri tho

@30-40gms carbs per meal mon thru Friday
fri night and Saturday I eat as much as I want in carbs (within reason, not binging) and sunday is prob a more moderate day then back to 35-40gm carbs per meal mon thru Friday

just kinda worked out that way and worked best with life. sometimes diets and workouts that fit life are the best cuz they are realistic.....
-JS

carbs are just so damn good

Just cut your carbohydrates back on the days you don't workout. You aren't using them anyway.

There you go. Carbs cycled!

Just cut your carbohydrates back on the days you don't workout. You aren't using them anyway.

There you go. Carbs cycled!

That's the way to do it. Increase your insulin sensitivity! Shelby posted his offseason diet recently, I thought it was extremely solid as far as his carb cycling was concerned.

Carb cycle around your trainings
40-50g in the meal before , 50g during 50 in a shake post and 40-50 in the meal fofollowing the workout..

Carb cycle around your trainings
40-50g in the meal before , 50g during 50 in a shake post and 40-50 in the meal fofollowing the workout..

This is how I've been doing it lately, minus the carbs before training. I train ing the AM and prefer and EAA/BCAA shake before I hit the gym as it is easy on my stomach and then begin taking in carbs (Matt Porter's Muscle Intrusion mix with added BCAAs) during training and then have carbs in the two meals post workout. I do have a few carbs at other times during the day, like some pineapple with meals or some berries tossed in a shake but the amounts in grams are pretty small.

On weekends I do loosen up my diet and will enjoy a nice meal or two out or some delicious Italian gelato since I don't have any near future competition plans and can enjoy those simple pleasures :D

Carb cycling is definitely a solid plan if done right. Shelby and Justin have some great ebooks over at elitefts for cheap. Pretty basic and easy to follow

I like 2 days 50 carbs or less and slight calorie deficit, then 2 days lots of carbs and calories above maintenance. Worked great for me and its realistic, easy to do

In fairness, i guess i carb cycle in the main anyway but didnt have a structure other than low carbs on non training days...Im not really in to carbs that much on a regular basis.
Just completing a nice gradual 4 month of low carbs with one high carb day/week. No stress at all throughout and barely 100g carbs/day from fruit and veg...Probably about that to in good fats from coconut oil and EVOO...Full of energy. I get sluggish on to many carbs regularly...hence the carb cycle post.
Going to have to sit down and structure a plan as dont want to gain to much fat..if at all any..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131