over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

to party or not to party.....

db006

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
well....my 30th birthday is in two weekends and ill be 12 weeks out from the pa states at that point. and im debating whether i should go get it in for a night, knowing that when i do it usually takes me 1-3 days to recover and get back to normal eating and training. i mean it is my 30th, and i have sacrificed plenty already for bodybuilding, what would you do?

its the big 3-0. I think you should go out and celebrate, even tho ure in contest prep. I think 12 weeks would be plenty of time to erase whatever u did for ure bday celebration. I think we all know regardless of what you choose to do, youre going to come in show time with a top notch physique. Maybe just moderate the drinking or whatever, but I'd say have fun and live it up. As much of a lifestyle that bodybuilding is, I think going out and celebrating ure bday with the ones you love and care about the most cant be passed up. Nothing beats it. just my .02.

bro 30 is a big one. 12 weeks out. how far are you out of condition? 12 weeks is plenty of time.
id say do it.
you only hit 30 once and it probably wont do that much damage.
i totaly undersand where you are comming from, ive brought my tupperware to xmas dinner.
wish i didnt now.
lucian:D

As far as food goes......treat it as a cheat meal. For the alcohol, I wouldn't do it. If you are in prep you want the body to stay in an anabolic fat burning state as much as possible. 12 weeks is a fair amount of time but think this way. if you know it takes you three days to recover from the drink it will take another two to three days for your system to recover and get back on track for the diet. so you now only have ten and a half weeks not twelve. Alcohol does funny things to the bodies fat burnng abilities...........in that it shuts your liver down from burning fats. Now throw some goodies in to that mix and you now have three to four times the stress on your liver than normal. If you already have any underlying liver issues going on that you arte not aware of you are compounding these in a big way. Is this worth the risk?? Your call bro. In any case Happy 30th for then!! You poor old bastard:D

Go out and enjoy yourself! Just be a SMART 30 yr old BB'er 12 weeks out, ya know? BTW, Happy Birthday!

Happy 30th bro!!!
Just don't get real drunk and you should be good to go...Remember, the older you get the more time it may take you to recover from a hangover...I remember when I was 18 and could drink all night(In TJ mind you) with 1-2 hours of sleep and still go in to work and perform...Now, I wouldn't be able to get out of bed for at least a day and then I'd eat/drink water and go back to sleep for another day lol

well....my 30th birthday is in two weekends and ill be 12 weeks out from the pa states at that point. and im debating whether i should go get it in for a night, knowing that when i do it usually takes me 1-3 days to recover and get back to normal eating and training. i mean it is my 30th, and i have sacrificed plenty already for bodybuilding, what would you do?

just do it in moderation. have a few drinks,,,just dont get smashed drunk.

bEST THING YOU CAN DO IS DRINK 1 FOR 1 WATER DRINK RATIO 1 WATER 16 OZ FOR EVERY DRINK YOU DRINK IT WILL HELP ALOT AND MAKE SURE BEFORE YOU GOTO BED YOU DRINK ALOT OF WATER AND EAT A GOOD MEAL !!!!tAKE IT FROM A PRO IM FROM ATLANTIC CITY AND I USED TO BE A BOUNCER AT THIS STRIP CLUB AND ITS 24-7 IN AC SO I HAD MY SHARE THE NEXT DAY YOU SHOULD FIND A STEAM ROOM AND A GALLON OF WATER AND MEDITATE IT ALL OUT OF YOU DRINK PLENTY OF CRAN JUICE AND TAKE SOME GOOD VITAMINS. hAPPY BIRTH DAY BROTHER BE CARE FUL AND PARTY SMART !!!!!

There are other ways to celebrate besides drinking, right?

Pick one of those. Drinking never does a good thing for anyone. You've got an awesome physique. Take care of yourself what ever you decide to do in regards to your birthday. :)

If you do decide to do it, one thing I have found is taking a bunch of glutamine before bed, say 20g or so. I hardly ever drink, but about a year ago I drank a few nights in a row and the nights I would take glutamine/vitamins before bed with a lot of water I felt absolutely amazing the next morning ready to go. The days I didnt use glutamine I felt like shit. Just a little thing I found out experimenting, worth a shot if you go for it. Like said above, drink an equal amount of H2O:alcohol.

Pick one of those. Drinking never does a good thing for anyone. You've got an awesome physique. Take care of yourself what ever you decide to do in regards to your birthday. :)

i agree jethro!

i have never been a fan of alcohol... like jt said, has it ever done anything good for you? everytime i have drank i felt like shit the day after, did something stupid the night of and was not my self in any regard....i uswd to bounce at a club and see how people changed from the time they came in till the time they left when they were hammered (and annoying as hell) and really never understood it? i'm no one to preach sorry if it seems as so....

i dont drink, but i dont see a problem with having a few drinks to celebrate an event, i guess the trick is to only have a few...

i totally understand the need to relax and unwind though... when i celebrate i like to eat expensive food! tastes better then beer and dosent leave you with a hangover(or waking up to an ungly girl haha)

happy 30th by the way! best of luck to ya in your comp...

well db everyone here has given great fatherly advice to you, but im going to give you real world advice, unless your going pro in the next 2 years, fuck it! its your 30th b-day bro, you won't have that day again but there will be plenty of more bodybuilding shows to get some bullshit trophys. i say you surround yourself with as many good friends as you can find and "PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR". :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Its absolutely impossible to have any changes to your physique if you party at 12weeks out. Nothing will change, unless you get really fuKed up and happen to catch the flu or something. Load up on antioxidants,vitamins,immune boosting products the week before and after.

well db everyone here has given great fatherly advice to you, but im going to give you real world advice, unless your going pro in the next 2 years, fuck it! its your 30th b-day bro, you won't have that day again but there will be plenty of more bodybuilding shows to get some bullshit trophys. i say you surround yourself with as many good friends as you can find and "PARTY LIKE A ROCK STAR". :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That's what I'm screamin!! Seriously. Just don't over do it and you will be fine. Just have 6-8 drinks instead of 15-20 LOL And drink a 1/2 gallon of water b4 bed and you will feel fine the next day...the key is hydrating the shit out of yourself after you drink...trust me, I'm in college ;) hehe

Last edited:
Its absolutely impossible to have any changes to your physique if you party at 12weeks out. Nothing will change, unless you get really fuKed up and happen to catch the flu or something. Load up on antioxidants,vitamins,immune boosting products the week before and after.

if its impossible for anything bad to happen to the physique, why would you even stay strict to a diet at 12 weeks out? .........

if its impossible for anything bad to happen to the physique, why would you even stay strict to a diet at 12 weeks out? .........

Well, I should have been more specific. I meant its impossible if you have a cheat day at 12weeks out. I mean't only "1" cheat day/party night.

god damnit go to party dude !!

1 cheat meal and a few drinks 12 weeks out won't ruin your diet I'm sure

HAVVVVEEEE FFFFUUUUNNNNNN

take a liver support item

might help ya.. i gave some liv52 to an alcoholic friend of mine that gets hangovers, he took some, and then drank as his usual, or more, and the next morning was the first time in several years that he had not woken up with a hangover after drinking.

just a good ideaQ!

well

Happy upcoming 30th!!! You gotta go and let your hair down a little bit. But remember - you're getting old now, and need to be in bed before midnight. :p

do as suggested above - plenty of water, don't go too big on the drink. If you party and get a bit wired, make sure to force feed yourself every 4 hours and stay hydrated and eat clean and big the next day and you should be fine.

Bbuilding will always be there. Take these opportunities to enjoy the fact you're alive and can have good times with good friends. IronMike

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131