advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

To Stay Cut Year Round, how many calories max to "bulk"?

BBkingpin

Registered
Let's say I want to stay lean and cut year round.
But I want to build muscle also, say 8 week lean mass cycle.
What's least amount of extra calories per day I should consume to gain lean mass?
500 extra calories per day?

depends of ur metabolism
I would say eat as much clean food as you need (when you are hungry) til u see u gain fat ... when it's the case lower cals and adjust to what u need to build muscles but not (at least not TOO MUCH) fat

pretty generic question and is impossible to answer as everyone will have to consume a diff number of extra cals. are you an ecto, endo, or meso? and to what degree are you one of those? your own unique metabolism will determine this

depends of ur metabolism
I would say eat as much clean food as you need (when you are hungry) til u see u gain fat ... when it's the case lower cals and adjust to what u need to build muscles but not (at least not TOO MUCH) fat
I appreciate that answer. I guess the only problem is if you are using something like test or anadrol or even deca because the water weight can sometimes be mistaken for fat. That's a good answer though if I stick to non-aromatizable compounds, like anavar, winny, tren, primo, tbol.

I appreciate that answer. I guess the only problem is if you are using something like test or anadrol or even deca because the water weight can sometimes be mistaken for fat. That's a good answer though if I stick to non-aromatizable compounds, like anavar, winny, tren, primo, tbol.

It is hard to tell between 'bloat' and fat. Some may have some tactics, but I look at anything looks like fat that I'm gaining after 1st week of substance kicking in as fat not water weight - because you should of already gained most of the water weight. Or at least that's my take.

If you're putting on fat past a certain level, you're "bulking" too much. Simple explanation, huh.

no one can give you the right answer...you would have to figure that out on your own...Everyone is different ...

chris

try to keep some sort of ab definition. You can still have your abs and build if you do it right. As far as calories are concerned, if your getting fatter then you've obviously had enough cals to grow since it got stored as fat and not burned off. I would still utilize diet/cutting guidelines such as cutting out carbs last meal or two, cardio a few times/wk, try to keep as much water off as you can. You'll start to look bigger and better than you would 20-30 lbs heavier but fluid/fat

As far as calories are concerned, if your getting fatter then you've obviously had enough cals to grow since it got stored as fat and not burned off.

Damn that's a great way to put it.

Did you make a post within the last month talking about how this was something you have come to realize after years of bulking? I was thinking about that posting while reading this thread.

Damn that's a great way to put it.

Did you make a post within the last month talking about how this was something you have come to realize after years of bulking? I was thinking about that posting while reading this thread.

exactly. Every year for the past 8 or 9 yrs it was the same old routine for me, bulking/cutting, eating/dieting. It just got to the point that I asked myself whats the sense of putting in all this work at the gym just to look good/defined a month out of the year. So I dont necessarily look at "bulking" as eating anymore, try to look at it as development. You are eating just enough calories to develop your body further. The gains may come slower, but you'll know your getting results because it'll be results you can see, not under a bunch of fat/water. Also, I feel healthier too!!! I can breath good, still do my cardio and abs too. Fuck all that getting big and fat but strong, I want to constantly look better every month. Even if it means I'm 20 lbs less.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear