over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

To tell or not to tell......

I def don't have a kid, but imo it depends on his age if hes old enough to have a full on conversation about AAS and take in and understand everything you say then i'd say tell him (maybe by 8th or 9th grade?) but if not say no and wait till hes older

I agree with this. I have a 10 yr old son and if he ever comes to me and asks me the question I would be honest if he was old enough to understand and have a real sit down discussion of it and all it aspects, but if he wasnt the right age to know better and have good judgement I wouldnt tell him because I would want him running off and thinking well daddy did it so it must be ok and start doing it just because I did and not really know about them.

Not only that but alot of kids are gonna go and tell their friends (close ones at least), and then you have kids knowing, possibly going out and talking.. I knew plenty of kids back in the day that would brag about their dads being on juice.. Then you have some kids that have open relationships with their parents, and would maybe tell them "oh so-and-so's dad does steroids", then you have other adults possibly knowing.. Something like this is just a reason I wouldn't say anything.. I guess I'd maybe tell my son if he was over 18, and I was sure he'd be able to handle me telling him.. But even then, I wouldn't want to do that.. If it was just no questions ever asked, I wouldn't ever say anything about it..

I am a high school teacher, so it comes up. I personally have a huge discussion about it and involved everyone. We talk about female birth control and it's possible side effects. We talk about the "REAL" hazards as opposed to the hype. We discuss cosmetic surgery, the media, everything. Then I leave it up to them to make a decision. It's really cool actually.

When I am asked about my personal use [if the question is legitimate and not mean spirited attack or put-down ] I answer honestly. I DID have it prescribed in the past and here is what I experienced. I also tell them about people who have had problems and why they did.

Once they get a certain age the myths need to be dispelled. That's my opinion. :)

I bet the kids love you for your honesty. You're probably everyone's favorite teacher.

And another thing.. While I personally would not want to tell my kid, I'd have no problem at all with them seeing info that shows how overhyped and exaggerated the risks and sides are, by the media.. I just watched this movie "Bigger Stronger Faster", and it really shows the deal about steroids in the USA.. If I had a 16 year-old kid wondering about this topic, I'd definitely sit down and watch that with him.. I had the torrent set to download, and I can't figure out why I put it in there, it must have been a post I saw on here or something, lol.

They will know anyway if they have any kind of smarts, no need to ask. :D

I can understand not telling a 7 year old everything but a teenager, don't know how you could tell a bold faced lie like that to them :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear