advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

To the IF guys, what do your workouts look like?

Mr.Bungle

Banned
Since starting IF have you changed the way you workout? I know Martin at leangains advocates a pretty minimalistic workout but does not have a specific plan?

Ok what gives with all the IF threads lately? These have all the sudden taken over what drugs is he on as the soup of the day.

My workouts are just the basics whether I am doing IF or not.

No need to change IMO

Ok what gives with all the IF threads lately? These have all the sudden taken over what drugs is he on as the soup of the day.

keeps it interesting, I could care less about who lies about what drugs they are on.

no change in my workouts. i have been doing the 24 hour fast twice a week for 7 weeks now and no drop in strength whatsoever. abs are coming in nicely though!

no change in my workouts. i have been doing the 24 hour fast twice a week for 7 weeks now and no drop in strength whatsoever. abs are coming in nicely though!

Whats your diet like the other 5 days? Food choices and calories?

My training partner and I are currently on Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 program for strength. I train fasted and have so for a long time. No issues here at all.

Whats your diet like the other 5 days? Food choices and calories?

80/20 ground beef or sometimes a 10 ounce sirloin steak, greek yogurt, natty peanut butter, small amounts fruits and veggies. Higher on proteins and fats with moderate carbs. Around 2500-2800 cals per day. Not a great diet but it works for me. A 6 ounce greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a banana fills me up and keeps me satisfied for quite awhile. Later I'll eat my beef with some light veggies and eat some more yogurt and peanut butter later. Sometimes I'll top off the day with 2-3 ounces of pistachio nuts if I feel like it.

keeps it interesting, I could care less about who lies about what drugs they are on.

Then please give me a cliff notes version on it. Who is the big advocate of it?
I agree with lying about doses and ensuing pissing match that follows, but I know Zero about this. Any links?

what is IF never heard of it? is this the new fad taking over for DC training? not that i buy into these things but never hurts to read about it, for me volume with light weight has done wonders compared to the old days of HIT that did nothing,,,,interesting to read about IF dont know what it is

what is IF never heard of it? is this the new fad taking over for DC training? not that i buy into these things but never hurts to read about it, for me volume with light weight has done wonders compared to the old days of HIT that did nothing,,,,interesting to read about IF dont know what it is

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...m/87580-how-ifers-not-losing-muscle-mass.html

here's another thread on it . IF is intermittant fasting and it is by far the most effective method of eating i have ever tried.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...m/87580-how-ifers-not-losing-muscle-mass.html

here's another thread on it . IF is intermittant fasting and it is by far the most effective method of eating i have ever tried.

Agreed, easy way to stay lean or get lean without losing muscle. Especially good for natural and low dose guys imo

As to the original question i see no reason for work outs to be different just because your fasting. Im never fasted when i train anyway

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I've been on IF for 1.5 weeks.
No drop in strength.
Body weight drop 3-4lbs and look flat.

Look leaner and i've not change my workout.

Are u guys doin one or two 24s a week or doin 16/8s 3x a week or all week long? What seems to b workin best for y'all ?

Are u guys doin one or two 24s a week or doin 16/8s 3x a week or all week long? What seems to b workin best for y'all ?

16/8 is what is recommended by leangains.com which is just 1 version of fasting protocol, there's also eat stop eat, and Alternate day fasting.

Some just choose to incorporate others versions into to what they are doing. I typically fast as long as I can 18hrs or so eat 1 meal train, the PWO is a huge dinner. Sunday's ill fast until 6pm.

My diet is very close to what Tom wrote above except I like more fruit for carbs sources, sweet potato is my only other carb that my body can handle.

I see it more of a lifestyle change than a diet.

Martin also reccomends atleast 4x a week workout all heavy compound movements.

I do a 24 hour fast then eat 1 meal of 900 calories.
Another 24 hour fast then eat 1 meal of 900 calories
Then I do 16 hour fast and then basically eat for 8 hours approx 3000 calories.

Repeat the 3 days above. For me personally it has made life so much easier than that darn 6 meals a day.

Wow that's 4800 cals in 3 days, id be a skinny catabolic mess but obviously works for you. Is this just when cutting?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner